Reviews for Beard Hunters: a Yuletide Story
wrappedinharry chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
You were very clever with Marion Ett's name. Well done. Personally, I think Nicholas Saint really was Santa.

This would have been a lovely little Christmas treat, but was still very enjoyable. As it is winter here, the atmosphere was as it should be for a northern Christmas Tale.

Little question: how come Harry and Ginny know they are having a girl? Did they know with James and Al?

wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 6/23/2012
This has turned into a real mystery. It is a clever little plot.

I am not sure though why you have Lavender being a werewolf. When Fenrir mauled her, it wasn't a full moon, so he wasn't transformed. We know it wasn't a full moon because Remus didn't transform. Lavender would probably have the same symptoms as Bill.

Apart from this, Lavender is still very much the self-indulgent, narcissistic and flirtatious girl we know from Hogwarts. I wouldn't have thought she was Auror material, more a reporter for Witch Weekly or another gossip mag. Ginny seems rather disdainful of her.

wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Hmm, very interesting scenario. That must have been the perfect white beard, unless of course it was a false beard. James and Al are very cute. I loved their hats and mittens. And I loved how James suddenly fell asleep in his food. I have heard of kids doing that but none of mine ever did.

Onwards...

Panachet chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Truthfully I haven't started reading this yet, but felt that I had to communicate the excitement I felt after seeing chapter titles named after Marx Bros films! Back in a bit with a signed review.
brilliant incandescence chapter 3 . 2/12/2012
Aww, that was so sweet. I wish I'd read it two months earlier. but there's nothing I can do about that now. Really good story though, I loved the mystery, and how incredibly adorable Al and James were.
aalens chapter 3 . 1/28/2012
You have confirmed what I have always held to be true, despite suffering almost universal scorn for believing it - there really is a Santa Claus.

Another gem of a fic! Thank you so much.
aalens chapter 2 . 1/28/2012
So sad to hear that it is becoming fashionable to wear Muggle clothing! Sob! Wizard robes contribute so much to the difference, the mystery, the other-worldliness and magic of Jo's 'verse'.
CypherVera chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
I believe in Santa too :) Merry Christmas!
Stephanie O chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
'So Mr Fletcher is going to tell us the truth, isn't he?' Harry glared at the little man. 'Otherwise I'll summon my house-elf. And ask him to bring his biggest saucepan.' LOL! Love this! :)

I got such a kick out of James & Al's speech...I had to stop and think what 'money' was, then I remembered from the previous chapter. Of course Mr. Saint was Santa Claus...he knew they wanted a monkey, AND was able to talk them out of it in a sense! lol Reminds me when I had to have my eldest "translate" what her little sis was saying. :)

A very fun family Christmas story! :) I hope you & yours had a wonderful Christmas! :)
jg13145 chapter 3 . 12/25/2011
I loved the ending!
JC70s chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
And Merry Christmas to you too! And a very thank you for this very lovely Christmas story of two smart and sweet kids! Thank you!
iopgod chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
Good stuff, thanks. Merry Christmas!
LibbyC chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
What a fabulous story! You are an incredible writer, I love all your work!

Merry Christmas! xx
fireburnshot chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
Whar a fun ending. I think you outdid yourself making up those glorious names...Marion Ett was my favourite.

Of course N. Saint was Father Christmas! What would this sorry old world be without some mystery and tradition?

Happy Christmas and Good Hogmanay
Illyra chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
Absolutely wonderful christmas story. Thank you for this present!

I wish you, your family and all your friends a Merry Christmas and and a Happy New Year.
61 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »