Reviews for Beard Hunters: a Yuletide Story
sbmcneil chapter 3 . 12/24/2011
What a wonderful end to the story! Merry Christmas!
BKL8008 chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
Nice ending. I very much enjoyed this story. So well done.
NoTagBacks chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
Thank you very much for the present (chapter 3 out before the holiday). And a very Happy Christmas to you, too.

Laughed out loud at "Nickerless Saint." Now I know what to ask my wife to give me for the holidays.

I love the way you write James and Al's dialog. You must work really hard on the spelling of their, um, patois (? - not sure if that word fits; maybe nattering, or jargon is better. A thesaurus only helps a little, and words are not my strength). With your Potter boys I often need to re-read the word or sentence again, then I smile. I still have trouble understanding my children sometimes, so it touches close to home.

"Al and James gave Ginny's suggestion a few minutes thought." Really? Those kids are more contemplative then the ones I have. Or perhaps a Scottish minute goes more quickly? I've heard tell of a speedy "New York Minute," but I assumed that was an invention of self-centered new-yawwkurs. [smile] No offence intended; just havin' fun.

I also loved the presents that Mark and Lavender exchanged. I think it helped to have read "Moon" (and maybe "Bare") to really appreciate what Mark received.

Thanks again for another good story.
jengreeneyes chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
LOVED this story. I really enjoy all of your stories...I personally think you are JKR in hiding because I think you really capture the voices of her characters beautifully.

HOWEVER...if you don't post another chapter of 'Strangers at Drakeshaugh' soon...I will come across the "pond" and hex you! LOL! Merry Christmas from the States!
MHood80 chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
What a brilliant ending to a great story. Of course Dung had to be the bad guy, and Harry's threat to him about Kreacher and the pan was genius, but tying everything together from both storylines with the additional Christmas presents was really a great treat. As always a fantastic job!
Nanchih chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
Lavender's necklace needs to be platinum, or mithril, or gold, or potmetal or pewter or... ANYthing but silver! She's a werewolf!

Otherwise, excellent! Merry Christmas!
I hate passwords chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
Can't remember my old login name either. But this story and it's last chapter is an extremely well done xmas tale. JK herself would have been proud to have written something like this. (hopefully she'll not be jealous that you did)

Your work is excellent.
Tildette chapter 2 . 12/9/2011
Your stories allways make me very happy :D Thank you
fireburnshot chapter 2 . 12/5/2011
Every time I see your name, I know I'm in for a good, Clean, family friendly story. This is no exception.

There is still a touch of Lav-Lav lurking beneath the surface, but werewolf or not, it's just her personality.

Was that good old Stan Shunpike they first ran into?

Dung...what an appropriate nicname for Fletcher.
Rubberduck697 chapter 2 . 12/4/2011
Cute story, I love the little quotes, "I don't want no house elf after me" haha, Thanks for sharing :)
BKL8008 chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
I loved the ending, and the boys grilling Mark and Lavender. Truth is, I could have done without HER! I thought she died? Still, a good little mystery that I HOPE is done by Christmas - otherwise, what will James and Albus do?
MHood80 chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
What a story! I almost got on the ground laughing... "I'll come quietly, I don't want no house-elf after me". Dung definitely remembers Kreacher. Brilliant, as always!
AL chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
Great chapter! I really didn't expect this to turn into an action/mystery story (totally ignorant of me). Please update soon :)
Illyra chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
I love Lavenders POV, especially her definitely not stellar achievements when it comes to children and childrens feelings.

But shes a really good auror and that Mundungus at least knows something is very interesting. Love the 'the Aurors arrest him on sight' comment as well. And its good to see that he hasnt forgotten Kreacher. LOL!
Stephanie O chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
I liked that you involved other characters from your stories in this one...Mark & Lavender, Dung referring to the last time he got caught by a house elf, and was that Stan Shunpike from the Knight Bus? Intriguing turn of events so far. Oh, and poor Lavender having the longest full moon night to 'look forward to' so soon! :} That would certainly not be a positive event for werewolves.
61 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »