Reviews for Breaking the News
The Scratch of Quills chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Great story. I always imagined Sirius never saying 'mudblood' and questioning why muggles and muggleborns were so different from purebloods, but this makes sense.
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
This is really really good. Sirius's mother is so horrible, making them stand still for so long and generally expecting far to much of him. The other adults are quite horrible too, thinking Sirius is badly behaved for asking a question. They also seem to have inflicted their opinions on little Regulus too, because he thinks Sirius is in the wrong.

I think the reactions to Andromeda's news were really in character too. Sirius and Regulus believe mudbloods are bad because that's what they were taught, but Sirius is more open to new ideas. Regulus firmly believes his Mother is right because he can't see why not. I also like the attitudes of both boys, and their descriptions too. Regulus seems more reserved and Sirius seems more relaxed and unruly, which I think fits both characters.

As for your writing, the style is excellent and I really like the amount of detail in this. Your chapter length - well, story length, is also really good. You have just the right mix or dialogue and description too, and I didn't spot any mistakes, except for 'semblance' instead of 'resemblance'. All round, though, it was a very good read.
Musical Ravenclaw chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Wow! This is a really good story! I loved how it shows the pure-blood side to siriius, which is something you don't see very often. And when the parents were talking about their kids being betrothed like they were objects was... Heartbreaking. I can see why Andy and Sirius leave! The childish confusion of Sirius and Reg was really well done too :)

Thanks for sharing!
reader chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
First of all, thank you soooooo much for putting this up. I definately enjoyed this story, it was very interesting. Oh, and thanks for the acknowledgement, but it really wasn't needed!

Anyway, how do you manage to come up with such interesting ideas for your stories? This one was extremly unique. And brilliant as always, might I add.

The thing I liked the most about this story was the way you've portrayed Sirius. All the stories about a pre-Hogwarts Sirius have made Sirius a righteous, Gryffindor loving person who was just born with all the charecteristics of a blood-tratior. You, on the other hand, have made the situation far more realistic. Yes, deep down, Sirius doesn't agree with all the hatred towards Muggles but being brought up in a pureblood supremist family, its only natural that he would think like them to an extent and use words like "Mudblood", not realising that this word was an insult. So hats off to you for that!

I think I've made this review long enough, I'd better end it!

Once again, thanks a lot for putting up this story. I loved it!
Synchro lover chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Invisiblegirl3 chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
This is a good explanation for a lot of things that happen in the other books. I like how you tied it in!
clara200 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
It's a good thing she left there or no Tonks.
your fabulous sister chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
great story. you should really spell check these things beore you post them though,espescially the authours note. i liked the mothers part too. remember not to speak out of turn to our mom either though! (but i hope she doesn't have the same reaction). kep writing and remember you are the best writer you can be and an even better becca/Louey06/sister!