Reviews for Consolation Prize
BabalooBlue chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Eric Foreman had never been to a toga party in his life. - You had me howling with laughter from that point.

Great story! I always thought poor Wilson really didn't deserve that. But at least in your story House makes up for it. And embarrassing Foreman is always a nice treat in itself.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
You know, one of the things I have noticed about House lately is that it has completely tipped the scale from delusionaal reality to some weird Sherlock Holmes and The Rocky Horror Picture Show conquest. It seems that the producers have went from borderline insanity to the point where "everything goes", and where that is nobody knows. I think that is why the ratings and viewers of the show has dropped substantially. House has already done everything reasonably possible that could merrit a reprecussion. There is no plot. House has been to Mayfield, Jail, Addiction to becoming a recovering addict and back again, obsessed by felons, stoned out of his mind, killed at least a dozen people, you know I am starting to notice a pattern here. They are running out of ideas and have dug themselves in a pit. They tried the whole "Let's bring in all new characters" bit, but how did that fair? THey used the same ideals and it again became crusty. But don't get me wrong, it's a fun show. The original idea and the comedic, destruction characteristics, made this a very watchable show. It was great, but after 8 seasons of the same whole diagnose, patient recovers slightly, declines, almost dies, recovers, almost dies again, and is then cured, is just not cutting it anymore. We know the formula, which is why they jumped the gun and dropped us in the rabbit hole. What happened? The producers have crossed the line and dug themselves a pit, and I really don't know how they plan to drag themselves out of this one.

I actually think the show would have faired better if House had been left in jail for maybe 4-5 episodes. They could have delved into more depth into the whole jail scenario and went from there. The only reason, trully, I could see why they didn't was because of the fact the Twitter wasn't a big sucess. But I think that was only because of the fact that House is not suited for a long term "villian", if you will. At least not one quite with Twitter's genre. But the jail development would have freshened the plot, and still have people wondering "What's going to happen next?". Remember Mayfield, now that was a good face full of fresh water. And the only other reason they didn't was because of filming and renting costs/ issues. Maybe they couldn't rent out a prison space or something; but I still think they could have made it work.

After prison, maybe they could have made House take a road trip or something just by himself, (maybe a 2 part episode).

But anyway, you're story was pretty good. I liked the plot development and the toga Foremen was wearing. I'm sure that the camera man taking pictures was about to pee himself with laughter at the House/ Foremen interaction near the end. Keep on writing.

Anonymous Out
Pompey chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
OMG.

I love this story! It is made of AWESOME and WIN and KUDOS combined!

It it so darn DEVIOUS, and so clever, and so IC . . . yes. Why oh why didn't the show do something like this!

And Wilson, in his passive-agressive way, would have this pic pop up on his phone whenever Foreman called him. : D
Dierdre chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Ha! This makes perfect sense, and it's so in keeping with House. I loved it completely. *Favorites with gusto*
docZo chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Nice! This was great, and I wish it were part of cannon, because I was pissed when Wilson got screwed after being the good friend and staying home for House. This would make up for it, for sure. Especially if Wilson got to know that House was pissed Wilson couldn't come with him.