Reviews for Spares
primadonnafirstladyofthestage chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Go Xander! Awesome story :)
quoththeraven5 chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
this was beautiful!
earlyable chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
This is truly beautifully written and I can't say it any better then that.
Jack's Shadow chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This was an interesting piece. The spares are in the background, never center stage, and invariably underappreciated. I like that you didn't use their names until the last line.
Ember Quill chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I love it when I stumble upon a story like this purely by accident. You captured the essence of the "spares" in a single short chapter. Xander obviously has the most experience, having spent over seven years saving the world with Buffy, so it makes sense that he's the one who really knows what it means to stand just outside of the limelight.
LeonaMasha chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Thanks.
Daelena chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
I must tell you - I LOVE THIS! It's absolutely fantastic!

This piece is so very well written and emphasizes certain points of the personalities of all three characters so well.

You captured the essence of Xander, Martha, and Ianto perfectly. They're not the typical heroes. They're the ones on the sidelines, doing what they can to save the world, even if it's getting the coffee or the donuts or being that person who picks up the pieces, where everything was left off, and, by damn, they're marvelous and shining in their own way.

And they're all some of my favorite characters from their respective series.

Xander, Martha, and Ianto are the ones who are heroes because they *chose* the paths they walked, much like you emphasized here. They're the ones who won't ever get recognition for the things that they've done in service and in the line of duty, but they're still going to do it - because of who they are!

Anyway, I'm reiterating points that you made here.

What I'm trying to say is, thank you for writing this beautiful piece. Thank you so much!
Honor'n'QuincyPride chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
WONDERFULLY SPECTACULAR!
78kori chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Oh spares, you are loved by fans, if not your heroes. Great job my fanfic Goddess! And thanks to this I am further able to decipher the Prophecy from The Gloaming! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Fantastigo!