Reviews for Life Starts at Sixteen
Shadowslayer5 chapter 15 . 8/8
This is a very good story. It's funny, as a good plot, and interesting. I like the idea behind the story and wish you would update more
Hmmm chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Rule number one on making a fanfiction to a Japanese show: don't make an English named character, that simply breaks the lore.
silvereagle2121 chapter 15 . 10/18/2015
hey this is an awesome story. keep up the good work and update again soon.
Juvart24 chapter 15 . 8/21/2015
You rock/suck. Sorry had to be done. I wish there was more of this.
jerk chapter 5 . 6/4/2015
you know that they did use silk or cloth as well as paper.
jerk chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
you are right to a point, but remember that new genin mostly stay within the village doing d-ranked mission or training from their jonin teacher.
macdjord chapter 15 . 5/6/2015
*poke, poke* You alive?
That Guy chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
Its a pretty good story, and i like how you're adding a more mature facet to the Naruto world. But on the soldier at 12 thing being ridiculous, I think that The leaders of the village were in times of war, and if you're really sadistic, onE could Argue that the inexperienced child could take a hit for a more experienced ninja.
Axcel chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Oh, and about the brain development you mentioned in the Author's Note at the bottom, that reviewer is wrong. In one of my college courses, it was explained that the decision-making and self-control part of the brain, the pre-frontal cortex, is not fully developed until roughly twenty three years of age. That was an interesting lecture.

Also, children are just as capable of learning and thinking as adults. The problem with child soldiers is that you have to teach them every little thing because they have no experience even in a simple, everyday environment. This means that, while most of them have adequate cognitive skills, that doesn't help them when they have next to no information to use it with. Take first year Harry Potter and his friends, for example. Children that age really are that intelligent. It's just that they lack the experience simply living to find nuances that older people take for granted.
Axcel chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
In real life, fourteen to sixteen (usually sixteen, depending on level of skill) was when ninja would first be fielded. Well, unless there was a mission that needed a child, then they'd just pick the most mature of the bunch temporarily.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Interesting start
DeadBottle chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
heh, huge tracks of land.
ALL HAIL MONTY PYTHON!
Igornerd chapter 2 . 8/3/2014
Did I spot a Discword reference in there?
Igornerd chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
You know, I've always asked myself the same things.
Why the fandom doesn't discuss more about the whole concept of child soldiers is something I can't really understand.

The chapter was fun though, and I like the concept behind it.
Loved the scene where Hiruzen slips about Minato's life.
Iryelb chapter 15 . 3/20/2014
This is a great story, I had some discrepancies but the only one I can really remember was that Naruto somehow got drunk, and had a hangover, only a few chapters after you had said that alcohol only had a placebo affect on him. This is only a minor problem because I really like this story, like how laid back Naruto is about perversion and being pranked, really his whole outlook on life in general. I like the serious tone you've taken with the story, although I was wondering why Naruto hasn't looked into wearing weights, after all Naruto is pretty smart and he knows that he heals quickly and that Lee, who doesn't have his advantages, wears them and has gotten very strong and fast by, assumably, wearing them. So it stands to reason that he would at least consider it, I never understood why cannon Naruto never wore weights, especially after meeting Lee and finding out how fast and strong he got by using them. Great story, please update soon.