Reviews for Life Starts at Sixteen
Kyuubi799 chapter 15 . 12/31/2016
Great story. I would love to see more. I think you have it paced very well, especially in comparison to most of the stuff here.
I like the subtle reference to Crypt Oogakari you included too.
tanithlipsky chapter 15 . 12/20/2016
nice
Polaruspax chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
sorry, but the fact that he was still as retarded as he was in the manga even at 16, which btw in the manga by the time he was 16 he was not nearly as fucking stupid nor as annoying as he was at 12, has turn this into shit.
melkun chapter 15 . 9/15/2016
Seems unlikely, but I really hope to read more of this fic 'cause is six-layers of awesome.
Shadowslayer5 chapter 15 . 8/8/2016
This is a very good story. It's funny, as a good plot, and interesting. I like the idea behind the story and wish you would update more
Hmmm chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Rule number one on making a fanfiction to a Japanese show: don't make an English named character, that simply breaks the lore.
silvereagle2121 chapter 15 . 10/18/2015
hey this is an awesome story. keep up the good work and update again soon.
Juvart24 chapter 15 . 8/21/2015
You rock/suck. Sorry had to be done. I wish there was more of this.
jerk chapter 5 . 6/4/2015
you know that they did use silk or cloth as well as paper.
jerk chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
you are right to a point, but remember that new genin mostly stay within the village doing d-ranked mission or training from their jonin teacher.
macdjord chapter 15 . 5/6/2015
*poke, poke* You alive?
That Guy chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
Its a pretty good story, and i like how you're adding a more mature facet to the Naruto world. But on the soldier at 12 thing being ridiculous, I think that The leaders of the village were in times of war, and if you're really sadistic, onE could Argue that the inexperienced child could take a hit for a more experienced ninja.
Axcel chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
Oh, and about the brain development you mentioned in the Author's Note at the bottom, that reviewer is wrong. In one of my college courses, it was explained that the decision-making and self-control part of the brain, the pre-frontal cortex, is not fully developed until roughly twenty three years of age. That was an interesting lecture.

Also, children are just as capable of learning and thinking as adults. The problem with child soldiers is that you have to teach them every little thing because they have no experience even in a simple, everyday environment. This means that, while most of them have adequate cognitive skills, that doesn't help them when they have next to no information to use it with. Take first year Harry Potter and his friends, for example. Children that age really are that intelligent. It's just that they lack the experience simply living to find nuances that older people take for granted.
Axcel chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
In real life, fourteen to sixteen (usually sixteen, depending on level of skill) was when ninja would first be fielded. Well, unless there was a mission that needed a child, then they'd just pick the most mature of the bunch temporarily.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 9/13/2014