Reviews for Shooting the Stars
Guest of Anon chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
What did Cas do?
mudkipz chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Jim and Dean are SO much alike. It's creepy. But awesome.
YourLocalIgor chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This is (as always) amazing, but that line about Sammy standning in the drive way and crying, deary me... You really know how to plan a sneak attack on a girls emotions don't you! I was fine the whole way through, until that line!
Anyway enough of me being a pansy ;)
Thanks again this is amazing,
Igor xx
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
As I knew I would, I really enjoyed this telling of how the crew of the Impala came to be. From Dean following Sam into starfleet and finding his own place to the death of Captain Howard and Winchesters in command, this story had great narrative, pacing, and completely in character dialogue.

"Admiral Pike spoke up. There were precious few senior officers left in the fleet and the Impala's upstart young crew had been trained by the previous captain, groomed for this role. Heck, they were better prepared than say, the Enterprise's senior officers. That and Starfleet had bigger things to worry about than one Miranda-class courier. Let them be, Pike said. See how things shake out – essentially the same deal they had given to the Enterprise."

I love Pike. He's got a soft spot for the rougher side of genius!

Great work, Kavery!
SethMaxwell06 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I like the past you built for the Winchesters. It had some elements from their show, but still retained its own separate story line. And then the chemistry between Dean and Jim can really be seen here which is great. Nicely done!
MarzBarz chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Man, this is even more awesome than the last few, to me. I like what you did with the Winchesters, how there are things that are so similar to the show but still fit into the Star Trek universe. Like how much Dean does for Sam, and how they work together as a team SO WELL. And their backstory as far as how they got the Impala is also awesome. And Dean being jealous that he wasnt there to help the Enterprise is so in character, and the way him and Sam got thrown in the deep end and manned up beautifully is so perfect. One of my favorite parts of this series so far _
ShinobuSaiga chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Nice look at the Winchester boy's life in Trek world. John John John... *sigh*. And of course Dean and Jim would bond by *not* talking about things...
memyselfandi89 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Awesome! Now we've got the background for the Supernatural cast and it is awesome. Dean originally deciding on Starfleet just to stay with Sammy is so Dean as well as Sam being a sneaky and manipulative little brother and getting Dean into flying. "Lieutenant Commander Bobby Singer, god of the Impala's engines." LOL! That just might be my favorite line in here. Bobby, Ash, Castiel, Ellen, the only one missing is Jo and I don't really care I guess. As long as Bobby and Cas are there everyone else is just icing on the cake. Really really cool icing. I'm totally sending this whole series thingy to my favorites.