Reviews for King's Cross
RedStalkingDeath chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
That's so sad, I'm crying :( But it was really well written, and, well, just good. I hope you write more on this. I like happy endings (hint hint)
Harmonic Friction chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Short and (bitter)sweet. It was well-crafted and punchy. I loved the description of how Severus looked, and the way you described Eileen. Difficult year at school! I really enjoyed the detail of how good Lily smelled, how well cared-for she was. I also liked that Eileen speaks similarly to adult Snape, something I think is or at least should be canon. Well done!
Nobody'sGirl101 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Awww! I love Eileen Snape fics. This was great because she was a sympathetic character, but still in line with the character portrayed in the book. Most stories don't have both. And Snape is so appropriately stubborn and cold, but the reader can see he's hurting. I love that Eileen uses the m-word, you start to see where Severus got his deep ambivalence from.
aberrantstrain chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Ohh! Awesome! As always, your writing is very fluid and easy to read, enjoyable and interesting. I look forward to seeing where you take this!
Sapphire at Dawn chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
This is interesting. I love the beginning; you really get a feel for Eileen's characerisation. Having contemplated writing her for a current fic, I'm rather fascinated by her at the moment. She's different from how I characterised her, but it's still believable and you can see how her behaviour has shaped Snape.

That being said, I do think the ending slips a little. It seems rather abrupt to me, I was sort of hoping there'd be a little bit more from Eileen as she speculated what had happened between Lily and her son. Plus, the way she says 'isn't that your Mudblood friend' suggests she doesn't really know Lily, so her affronted reaction to Lily not greeting them seems strange to me. For all she knew, Snape and Lily could have said goodbye on the train.

But I did like your writing, though it should be Platform nine and three-quarters rather than Platform 9 3/4. Numbers below 100 should be written out in their proper form.