Reviews for Grip
BEACH2PEACH chapter 1 . 3/5
The last line sold the whole shooting match for me. It was the key to this, the desperate initially unknown even to Daryl, his need to belong and be comforted. This scene was devastating, particularly as you pointed out he had tried so very hard to find her alive.
Well done, little miss and thank you for your effort. Bittersweet this is and true about two of Walking's most wonderful characters.

Part more: Thank you most kindly for making the secondary effort to spell correctly and write complete sentences which make sense. The mechanics of writing are not my or anyone's favorite I don't suppose, but "their used when it should be they're" or a glaring unattached phrase ruins the story quicker than a poorly written lavender eyed Mary Sue. Anyone can make a grammar error, Lord love a duck, but a bit of scrutiny is worth a pound of wishing. So again, thank you kindly and I hope you enjoyed what you made as much as I enjoyed reading.
Thiswouldbeakick chapter 1 . 1/2
ah...so heartbreaking! thanks for sharing!
Mistress Charon chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
My goodness, the last line had me in tears. Your writing was flawless, and utterly heart wrenching. Thank you so much for this, I believe that you illustrated that scene with beautiful clarity and perspective. :')
Nox Counterspell chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
Described the moment perfectly, he held to her till they both got up and she just bolted away from everybody. He seemed torned apart. He then kept himself angry, even yelling at Carol at the snap of his own hurt heart...
RavenBloodLust646 chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Beautiful retelling!
Kayryn chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Yeah, that didn't hurt at all. I'm just an ugly sobbing mess for the cheer joy of it.

So gut wrenching, but so right.
mansts chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Heartbreaking!
TheRealSonia chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
I've read a few of your stories already and I have to say that you're very good at writing nuances and emotions.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
This is beautiful and perfect. Daryl and carols performances in the scene are what made it as powerful as it was. Loved getting to read Daryls pov
itsi3 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
:'( So sad! I bawled like a baby when this happened! Thanks for writing this!
Crystal
HGRHfan35 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
WD dead is not aired in my country, yet, but my friends told me I HAVE to watch. Just finished S2 last night.
Love Daryl/Carol so got into ff last night.
Love your style.
Black-mustang3 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
I loved Daryl from the beginning. I mean c'mon, it's Norman fucking Reedus. But this scene made my heart wrench in my chest. You wrote it perfectly. LOVE your style.
ktikat13 chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Omg that was so sad but so sweet! I love this show and these two...they will and have to end up together :-)
superfelix chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Wow, very powerful written. I really love the final lines:

His arms tightened around her waist and his head fell against her trembling back.
Maybe he needed to hold her as much she needed to be held.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Love your interpretation on this tragic scene. Perfect!