Reviews for The Queen who fell to Earth
jon reeve chapter 18 . 10/12
Nice story here. Making the dragons the source of time sand was an inspired choice.

On to the next.
Luna's Meow chapter 6 . 10/12
I just LOVE how everyone seems to think thatva person who grew up in a culture with vastly 'behind the times' sensibilities will have a man who is over 100 years old have a child call him by his first name when all other adults still call him Professor Dumbledore, or at least just Dumbledore.
Luna's Meow chapter 5 . 10/9
You do realise that in the days Harry Potter was written, 1991, the internet was still shit right? Most people had never seen a computer, (in person, not in a movie or somesuch) let alone used one. Please keep with the narrative.
Luna's Meow chapter 5 . 10/9
For fucks sake Madam Pomphrey is the wizarding equivalent of a goddamn school nurse. Not a real doctor, not a specialist, and certainly not the best there is. She's a failed doctor at best.
Luna's Meow chapter 4 . 10/9
Scales being magical can be believed. More magical than a heartstring is insane. First of all, with all the studies done on Dragons (several by Dumbledore and Flammel themselves) someone would have figured that out already. Second, blood is alwys highly magical. The heart has every bit of blood in the body pumping through it. It would naturally have some of that magic embedded into it. Veins as well, but scales? Far removed. This is just too Deus ex Machina of a fix that you are pulling out of uour ass to solve a problem rather than allowing that conflict to happen as it should. Bad storytelling that. Worlds aren't all rainbows and sunshine. Sometimes the bad things happen. And that is what makes a good story. Not trying to pretend that sometimes the best option comes at a price. Better to just make heartstrings a rare ingredient, harvested only after a dragon has died a natural death. Drive the price up, availability down, and the real natural conflict that arises can be used in the story.
Luna's Meow chapter 3 . 10/9
Having the dragons simply jump a week into the future in the dragon reserves is probably a mistake. Time shenanigans. It was understandable for a Queen to do so once by mistake. But for a whole reserve to just uo and time jump? It then begs the question of how they don't solve every single problem they have by time jumping. Time shenanigans take out the element of worry in a story where you can just change history at a whim. They only work when the time power is limited somehow, or the enemy has it too.
Luna's Meow chapter 2 . 10/9
Well you are both wrong and right. Anne McCaffrey for years publicly stated that she did not allow fanfiction of her works. This was partially because she held out hope for a movie deal and was worried about losing the intellectual rights to her creation. You can view this information on her own website. However once copyright laws became clearer on how fanfiction was to be handled, she reconsidered the issue. She still resisted for a long while before finally agreeing to it. mostly because people ignored her wishes and partially because of the angry backlash from prior fans. The person who notified you about the rule is NOT an idiot, they just have old information.
jon reeve chapter 3 . 10/8
Lucy named his son Draco. Hm, I guess it was probably Narcissa who did, nevermind.
jon reeve chapter 2 . 10/8
Aww, Hagrid is happy. Bless it, the screen is blurry again.

It's nice, sometimes, to see Dumbles remove his head from his arse.
jon reeve chapter 1 . 10/8
I didn't know she was dead! I delayed reading this fic because I wanted to re-read the originals, and had been meaning to for awhile already. Figuring that that was not going to happen anytime soon, I finally decided to start today. And, the first thing I read is that Anne McCaffrey has passed between. She was alive last time I googled her so, it's been at least five years since then.

Plus you have cancer(whose ass you're hopefully kicking) now.

Bless it.

lol at JK not writing the undesirable books.

Aww racial memory; hpefully thread doesn't exist any longer.
Bless it, now the screen is all blurry! You did this all so Hagrid could have Norbert back, didn't you?
Dragonbonded chapter 8 . 8/26
i am enjoying this story immensely. I actually stayed up till 4:30 am reading, starting at 3:30 pm the previous day. while I am only partially through this specific chapter, I definitely like it. what's more, you not only managed to take a universe that is well known, such as Harry Potter, combine it with a much less known universe, such a PERN, into a story, you managed to do so with such depth and realism that really drew the reader in, such as having PERNese dragons use time and space -portations to bring a dieing queen dragon to Earths distant past, millennia of years and countless light years of distance. Not only that, you have managed to incorporate other aspects, such as muggles, into the story. Magic, Corruption, Dragons, Non humans, Suspense, Action... even a slight dash of romance... if three or four girls trying to get a dense boys attention and failing miserably is any indication! well, I'll get back to reading... just finished the part of the wizard- controlled tanks and the aftermath thereof. Once more. Well Done!
HinataMorningstar chapter 8 . 8/19
This story has been everything my pern and potter loving soul could ever have wished for.
fe2o3yus chapter 4 . 8/11
Fine job taking two stories and creating something unique. Well done,enjoying thestory very much
goldopals chapter 10 . 8/11
This is an incredible story! I love the detail and writing style and have spent a fair bit of time reading more of your wonderful stories! My only issue is that the chapters are too long, but that is a personal preference
RHJunior chapter 13 . 7/26
Agreed on Snape. Though making him a rapist was, strictly speaking, unnecessary- he was horrid enough already. IRL a teacher who terrorised his students, mocked and belittled them, and even forced them to feed poison to their own pets (remember Trevor?) would have been thrown out the front door of the school so hard he'd bounce twice before he stopped. And THEN arrested and thrown in jail!
2,479 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »