Reviews for Misinterpretation
A fan chapter 1 . 9/4
Miniatures chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
D'aw! This is quickly becoming one of my favourite side-character pairings (if not my absolute favourite side-character pairing) in the Avatar fandom, and this fic just made me fall so much more in love with these two! It's so cute, I can't stand it. And I can't believe this is the only fic with these two on this site. Out of nearly 40K fics, there's only one... for shame.
Ayala Atreides chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Awwww, I love this! Even if it was written for the crackfic comm, it's still great to see a fic about Kuei and Song. They're both under-appreciated characters and they're so cute together! Great story.
sunflower13 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Again, another great minor ship has another fan.
kikila chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
While this really is a crack!pairing, it's still adorable. And I love Song. She has a lot of potential. Nearly all the Earth Kingdom bit characters do, and I like to see them developed well, which you do here. Nice job!
P.A.W.07 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012

I approve of this pairing. I think that it is was great that you even managed to get June in there and that Kuei was more impressed with her shirshu than anything.

Poor Song. Could have fainted. XD

Anyway, cute little oneshot. Well done.
KaleidoscopeKreation chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
This is fantabulously, wonderfully, utterly totally brilliant. I love it. I was smiling like an idiot the whole way through.

There are just a few points that I want to make. The way you phrased things confused me a couple of times - for example, at the beginning:

'Occasionally, the farmers came to the village hospitals, but more often than not vagabonds and outlaws. However, Song's mother had taught them early on that it was far better to have -them- as gentle healers generous enough to share their food and medicines than upset herbalists that knew all of the things to feed them to make them piss blood out of their anus and not kill them.'

The way that you used 'them' made it rather unclear as to whether you were talking about the Vagabonds or Song and her mother. You might want to rephrase it a bit.

The animal trotted over to her, towering over the clothes and dripping drool onto the clean clothes."

You want to get rid of that speech-mark. There might have been a few other little typos like that, but that was the one that I remembered.

And lastly:

"Fine," she huffed, slamming the window shut and turning around to walk right by the fire. "If you don't care that your house is on fire…"

Brilliant ending, but I think you lost some of the potential impact by writing the word 'fire' before June says it.

A punchier ending might have been:

"Fine," she huffed, slamming the window shut. "If you don't care that your house is on fire…"

But this is all just me micro-managing. This pairing is adorable, and the concept is brilliant. And on that note, I think that I will shut up. Thanks so much for writing this awesome crack-tacular one-shot!

minnichi chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
omg i never would've thought of this pairing! this was sooo cute :3 nicely done!
Bakunawa chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
awwww... sigh
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Very nicely done! Song is a darling, and Kuei is suitably naive for someone who grew up as supremely sheltered as he did, and endearingly bumbling. Goodness, he and Zuko really do have a few things in common, don't they?

"I think – that is, you are very…uh…" [...] "Symmetrical," he finally blurted.

Song looked surprised for a moment, and Kuei felt his ears burn red. If there had been a wall nearby, Kuei would have been slamming his head against it. If he'd been an earthbender, he'd raise one for that sole purpose before making the earth open up and swallow him.

That bit right there is why I'm fav'ing this! :-D

Just too quibbles, and one's a pretty minor detail:

"It's just that there are so many Lees running around. A few weeks ago, a Lee and a Mushi stole our ostrich-horse."

That should be "a few months ago", as the theft occurred right at the start of the second season, and Kuei apparently was wanderign for a few weeks before stumbling into Song's life.

The other quibble is that Song saying she loved Kuei too seemed... too fairy-tale-ish. I mean, she had JUST found out the man was indeed in his right mind after all, and not delusional. She'd feel affection for such a sweet and kind man, yeah, but I think most women would try to hold back their hearts from falling for a man who's apparently got something wrong upstairs.

But looking past that, the very end was perfect! Jun huffing, "If you don't care that your house is on fire…" Well, Song, it's a good thing Kuei already asked you to come with him! But what your mom's gonna say when she comes home... X-D
Somariel chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
I love this. Kuei/Song is one of my favorite rare 've kept both of them wonderfully in character. Is there any chance of persuading you to write a follow-up covering the incredibly awkward meeting between Song and Zuko that will inevitably occur as a result of Song coming back with Kuei?
Spry chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Awesome! Really, REALLY awesome! I could totally see this happening in the real show. Why has this pairing never been done before? It's awesome! Did I already say that? Yes, I did. Am I babbling? Why am I even asking that question? Of course I am!

Just give me a moment to breathe, here...

This is a great story! I really liked how you kept them in character and stuff. Just a heads up, I'm pretty sure it's spelled "Ba Sing Se". Without the 'h'.

I would look that up, though.