Reviews for Stand Down
CelicaChick chapter 1 . 1/29
I really enjoy the idea that Steve has to be ordered to stand down.
Loopylou chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Very nice. I think the quote's from Firefly, right?
Runner043 chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Just read your one-shot. Yeah, there are quite a few 2.10 tags, but they are all so very different, and I've enjoyed reading them. Including yours. Very nicely done.
pheonixriv chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Loved this little scene. Still wish Kono was included but i guess it wouldn't have fit with the story. And the quote :) It fit perfectly. Firefly, 'The Message', Tim Minear and Joss Whedon.

Awesome.
DestinChild chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
That saying came from the tv show Firefly. More specifically the episode "The Message". I loved that show. Great story
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
great story!

there can never be enough stories that perfectly written!

think you're right, steve would never relax on his own in the chopper, needed help with it

loved how you wrote it from danny's pov
Fifilla chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I just watched the end of 2x10 again and immediately after it I re-read your little story. It really matches perfectly! Great job on this! That was really amazing!
sheppard1 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
There will never be enough! Everybody has alittle different take on it.

Great episode and great story. Thank you for sharing.
janie m chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Thanks so much for adding much needed comfort to this episode.
francis2 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
This was great.
sym64 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
This was such a wonderful tag for 2x10 and it was very refreshing to see it from Danny’s POV.

I’m sure your version comes very close to how this really was going down after they flew off. Steve would not allow himself to stand down on his own; he would need to be ordered to do so. He was just going on adrenaline alone at that point and he would crash hard pretty soon if he’d allow that. But he would fight that to his last breath, you could see it when he grabbed the rifle as soon as he was in the chopper and held on to it like his life depended on it. He’d do anything to give him another boost of adrenaline to stay awake.

Loved it how you managed to finally let him shut down, that was a great scene. It shows perfectly the trust he has in Danny and Joe, he knew that they would take care of him. And I totally loved the last scene how Steve was handled with such care by his friends, everyone willing to carry him as long as he needs it.

Great work. Even though I think that 2x10 was almost perfect from start to finish, this little story makes it even more enjoyable. Thank you.
ncismom chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
How do you do it? You capture the characters so well...they are so spot on that I feel like I'm watching the episode on TV rather than reading and that my friend, is real talent. Great job on capturing everyone's emotions in this...I could feel Steve's edginess through Danno and that was just awesome. Again, excellent story, my friend. Will email you a little later!
elemental-sparky chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Ok so I've basically read all the one shots out there for 210 (because I can't get what happened in this ep out of my head). This is my fav of all the ones I have read thus far. Great job. And so interesting to do it all from Danny's point of view.
shirik chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
loved it and i don't care what others wrote because everyone has it's own perspective and i enjoy them all! i loved it and i wish you'll continue it - as i like hurt steve...sorry- i cann't help it (-;
sallydeathhands chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Great tag... I myself wished that there had been more h/c in it... *grins* thank god for fanfiction writers like you.

Oh, and the "old saying?"

'When you can't run; you crawl. And when you can't crawl; you find someone to carry you'?

It was off Firefly, and the episode was "The Message".