Reviews for Flourish
Kibble chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
I like it. It's hard to not cry when you saw the scene or when you read your text. Poor little thing. I, personally, wanted to believe that they will find Sophia, for her, for Carol, for Daryl, for Carl, for the all group.
Mjitsu chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
Love how well done this was. This scene cemented my love for Daryl and Carol; watching him drop his raised gun on instinct to shield Carol from danger and we know how he is about physical touch. I adored how you took us inside of her Carol's head, her crying Sophia's name to pull her out of her trance was captivating. Even her smelling the cherokee roses underneath her...just beautiful.
Dawn Racer chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Aweeeeee! Poor thing. Greatly written
xXMishaXx chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Love this story.
itsi3 chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Beautiful! I'm so close to crying again! I was so overwhelmed when she walked out of that barn!
Crystal
MajoringinFandoms chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
Lovely writing. Carol and Daryl are truly a beautiful couple (I think so, anyway :). They help one another through the worst of their new lives! Thanks for posting.
untapdtreasure chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
gripping from start to end. perfect companion piece to scene.
Fhulhi the Crazy chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Just...heartbreaking and beautiful.
Walkerbaitress chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Really well-written perspective on what could have been going through Carol's mind as she saw her baby girl exiting the barn. The imagery you evoke is wonderful: "groaning like the floorboards of their old home."..."long fingers into the ground like the roots of a tree."

Also, I love the fact that you've included brief flashes of Carol's pre-ZA memories of her daughter's idyllic "firsts" along with the more grievous memories of the ZA world and the unpleasant "firsts." Nice paradoxes there.

Love your striking writing style-look forward to reading more.
dullahan21 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
This is great and so well-written. You captured the emotions of the situation wonderfully. Great work.
colourful spectrum chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
excuse me while i go cry my eyes out while i favorite your story.
Missmishka chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
""Sophia!" she shouted again, as if somehow her voice would be able to break through the fog of her mind, as if this was just a phase, like the time Sophia had wanted to be an astronaut, and her mother's voice would somehow break her out of the trance."

Oh, God, you so brutally capture the essence of that whole scene with that. Such a powerful piece. Loved it!
Michelle Myers chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
There two should be together. I know the age difference and people will call me sick but carol had just lost her baby girl. The last thing she had in this world , and its gone. She needs somebody to care for her , and the only person that can do that id daryl. Great oneshot.
Michelle Myers chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Megan-Reedus chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I don't know why I keep reading these things. I'm crying. Bravo.