Reviews for The Sound of Silence
RACHIAN chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
Nice. I think they may be on the same page about what they want. I hope! Bella may be reluctant, but it's because she is used to people having a short term interest in her because of her deafness. Maybe only time will show her that Edward wants to be around for the long haul.
olivedaisychain chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
This chapter had a totally "wow" factor. I love the developing relationship between Edward and Bella, and the chemistry you created for them feels very authentic. I can't wait to read more!
aerobee82 chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
*Deal. Thank you, Edward. You really are a good friend.*

I read Bella's response, and I had to fight back the frown that threatened to take up residence on my face at the mention of the word friend. Again, I found myself wondering if friends really interacted with each other the way the two of us did. There was some definite tension between us, and I'm not talking the hostile type.

Haha, I loved this. It made me smile, and feel for the guy at the same time.

*No need to apologize, Green Eyes. Didn't your mother ever tell you that there's no such thing as a stupid question? Relax… you didn't upset me. I know that I'm different. Few people understand what it means to be deaf. I would rather answer questions than have people make wrong assumptions.*

I really love how you've written Bella. She doesn't get put out by what people assume; rather, she tries to inform them about what it *really* means to be deaf in a world full of hearing people. She's truly easy to like.

And a persistent Edward is always the best. Always. He doesn't give up. :)
Shamatt0403 chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
My cousin has CP and she always thought she options for dating were guys with CP or other disabilities. She told me one time that it was harder to trust a "normal" guy because you didn't know if they were only interested because of the disability. Was it a game? A bet? She had friends who had been really hurt. I completely understand Bella's reluctance and caution. Great chapter!
AngelicAmanda chapter 6 . 1/10/2012
Good Chapter...
ibleedscarletandgray chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
Aw, I just love your story! Edward is so endearing - wanting to learn all about Bella, but not sure how to proceed.

Thanks for sharing your story - it's got me hooked already!
Scorpio11 chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
Edward was very astute in figuring out that the heavy base meant Bella was there. It was nice to see them be able to spend a more time together than usual and learn more about each other. I can't wait to hear what Emmett has to say about her.
sellabella chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
That last paragraph was kinda bittersweet to me. Poor Edward acting out a dream in pretending she was his. Soon I hope.
Clynne chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
Well that seems like a lot progress between those two:)
LizS2009 chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
i really like this chapter. i can relate to Bella somewhat i too have a disability. The part with communicating with others and having them ask lots of questions you are definitely right about that :). Can't tell you how many questions I've been asked throughout my life lol. Love how Edward is with Bella. Aww he's so cute :) Looking forward to the next chapter.
Capricorn75 chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
Awww! That chapter left me with a big old grin on my face. I love watching the two of them interact with one another!
dreampills chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
hey, every artist needs a muse. so what if bella just happens to be jakes? lol. i think everyone really needs a lesson in this 'friend' business. because, seriously both edward and jake are friends? i certainly hope bella isn't so friendly to all of her friends. hehe. but, edward hasn't exactly made a bold statement either about their blooming relationship. no girl wants to assume the best either when the guy hasn't really made a move to get in on something more serious than friendship. but bella certainly isn't helping things along by constantly calling him a friend! lol. lets see some edwardxjake interaction! )
bmw140 chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
I'm loving this story and can't wait to see how it progresses!
FluffyLiz chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
Interesting. Jake (for surely it is he) is a DJ. I wonder if he's ever played music like that for Bella - the kind that thrums through your feet and in your chest and which, even if you can't hear it, you can dance to the beat? I wonder if Bella is there and that's why he's playing it. And if she is there, will she get the wrong impression about Tanya? Or maybe Edward will take Emmett's advice and ask her to dance.

See? You've got me hooked, and I'm really looking forward to a new chapter.
FluffyLiz chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
I have often thought that if I had to choose between being deaf or blind, I would rather be blind, as the idea of not having music in my life devastates me. It means so much, evoking so many emotions and memories. I can live without TV - indeed, since discovering fanfic, I now watch about a 10th the amount of television I used to watch, but I have music with me all the time - in the car, on the train to and from work, while I'm shopping, at home in the evenings when I'm reading. I also delight in the music I have discovered THROUGH fanfic, and it is a constant source of pleasure. And, of course, unlike TV, one can both read and listen to music at the same time. So I totally understand Bella's sadness that she can't enjoy music the way hearing people do. However, we must, of course, remember that Beethoven, one of the world's greatest composers, was deaf, albeit he lost his hearing, rather than being born deaf. Perhaps Edward can find a way to share his music with Bella through its beat and rhythm. That would be wonderful.
1,567 | « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 .. Last Next »