Reviews for The Sound of Silence
LizS2009 chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
i really like this chapter. i can relate to Bella somewhat i too have a disability. The part with communicating with others and having them ask lots of questions you are definitely right about that :). Can't tell you how many questions I've been asked throughout my life lol. Love how Edward is with Bella. Aww he's so cute :) Looking forward to the next chapter.
Capricorn75 chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
Awww! That chapter left me with a big old grin on my face. I love watching the two of them interact with one another!
dreampills chapter 6 . 1/9/2012
hey, every artist needs a muse. so what if bella just happens to be jakes? lol. i think everyone really needs a lesson in this 'friend' business. because, seriously both edward and jake are friends? i certainly hope bella isn't so friendly to all of her friends. hehe. but, edward hasn't exactly made a bold statement either about their blooming relationship. no girl wants to assume the best either when the guy hasn't really made a move to get in on something more serious than friendship. but bella certainly isn't helping things along by constantly calling him a friend! lol. lets see some edwardxjake interaction! )
bmw140 chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
I'm loving this story and can't wait to see how it progresses!
FluffyLiz chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
Interesting. Jake (for surely it is he) is a DJ. I wonder if he's ever played music like that for Bella - the kind that thrums through your feet and in your chest and which, even if you can't hear it, you can dance to the beat? I wonder if Bella is there and that's why he's playing it. And if she is there, will she get the wrong impression about Tanya? Or maybe Edward will take Emmett's advice and ask her to dance.

See? You've got me hooked, and I'm really looking forward to a new chapter.
FluffyLiz chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
I have often thought that if I had to choose between being deaf or blind, I would rather be blind, as the idea of not having music in my life devastates me. It means so much, evoking so many emotions and memories. I can live without TV - indeed, since discovering fanfic, I now watch about a 10th the amount of television I used to watch, but I have music with me all the time - in the car, on the train to and from work, while I'm shopping, at home in the evenings when I'm reading. I also delight in the music I have discovered THROUGH fanfic, and it is a constant source of pleasure. And, of course, unlike TV, one can both read and listen to music at the same time. So I totally understand Bella's sadness that she can't enjoy music the way hearing people do. However, we must, of course, remember that Beethoven, one of the world's greatest composers, was deaf, albeit he lost his hearing, rather than being born deaf. Perhaps Edward can find a way to share his music with Bella through its beat and rhythm. That would be wonderful.
FluffyLiz chapter 3 . 1/8/2012
He's got his work cut out, but at least he's discovered that Bella is receptive. I don't doubt that the fact he had attempted to learn a little bit of sign language endeared him to her, but he will obviously need to learn a lot more - he can obviously talk to her and she can read his lips, but talking back is going to be difficult.

I have always thought that signing is a very beautiful and expressive form of communication, but I understand that it is very hard to learn. I once knew a woman who taught deaf children and she couldn't sign at all - she came from the school of thought which considered signing as exclusive, in that it prevented children interacting with hearing children and that they should therefore learn to speak. There is, of course, veracity to this argument, but I think speaking and signing shouldn't be mutually exclusive, and signing very much has it's place.

I'm assuming that you are either deaf or have a friend or family member who is, and I love that you have used it to give a different and intriguing twist to this much loved genre.
FluffyLiz chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Really liking this story so far. Good set-up chapter and I was so glad that Edward was honest with Tanya. I can't wait for Edward and Bella to meet properly and to read her reaction when he introduces himself by signing. From what happened in the first chapter I'm guessing Bella can also lip read, so hopefully she can help him with signing so they can "talk" at least a little.
FluffyLiz chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Just found this in CynicalDreamerC's favs list and was intrigued by the summary so thought I'd give it a go. Interesting idea - don't think we've ever head a deaf Bella before. I liked this first chapter and will carry on reading.
whohellanoes chapter 5 . 1/6/2012
aww man, a few weeks is waaay too long for them not to see each other. they should have gotten each others digits or e-mails at least. anyhoot...thanks for the update. looking forward to more.
ibleedscarletandgray chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I found this on the pimp campfire over at ADF - I'm really loving it so far! I'll try to get caught up over the weekend and I'll leave some love along the way. Thanks for sharing your story - can't wait to see where this goes!
Esme Incognito chapter 5 . 1/4/2012
Another great one, Cat. Emmett's a good friend. You leave me wanting more...

muzaklover chapter 5 . 1/4/2012
Great chapter.
sullygirl27 chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying this story. I am enjoying the character interaction and looking forward to future developments.
Clynne chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
Well Emmett took the news of him liking someone deaf rather well. Unfortunately so many people are narrow minded.

I kept wondering if he would see Bella there. Since Jake is there and the music can not only be heard but felt maybe she is there:)
1,558 | « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 .. Last Next »