Reviews for The Sound of Silence
FluffyLiz chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Really liking this story so far. Good set-up chapter and I was so glad that Edward was honest with Tanya. I can't wait for Edward and Bella to meet properly and to read her reaction when he introduces himself by signing. From what happened in the first chapter I'm guessing Bella can also lip read, so hopefully she can help him with signing so they can "talk" at least a little.
FluffyLiz chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
Just found this in CynicalDreamerC's favs list and was intrigued by the summary so thought I'd give it a go. Interesting idea - don't think we've ever head a deaf Bella before. I liked this first chapter and will carry on reading.
whohellanoes chapter 5 . 1/6/2012
aww man, a few weeks is waaay too long for them not to see each other. they should have gotten each others digits or e-mails at least. anyhoot...thanks for the update. looking forward to more.
ibleedscarletandgray chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I found this on the pimp campfire over at ADF - I'm really loving it so far! I'll try to get caught up over the weekend and I'll leave some love along the way. Thanks for sharing your story - can't wait to see where this goes!
Esme Incognito chapter 5 . 1/4/2012
Another great one, Cat. Emmett's a good friend. You leave me wanting more...

muzaklover chapter 5 . 1/4/2012
Great chapter.
sullygirl27 chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying this story. I am enjoying the character interaction and looking forward to future developments.
Clynne chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
Well Emmett took the news of him liking someone deaf rather well. Unfortunately so many people are narrow minded.

I kept wondering if he would see Bella there. Since Jake is there and the music can not only be heard but felt maybe she is there:)
mommy2kh chapter 5 . 1/3/2012 if Jake's the DJ - maybe Bella is there? And that is why the music is thumping louder (I love New Order, BTW). I hope Bella didn't see that girl hitting on Edward or Tanya with him - & I hope they get to dance together. Can't wait for more!
Willow73 chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
I like how you have written Emmett not to be the usual dumb jock. If Jake is the DJ does that mean Bella is in the club somewhere. Hope she didn't see the interaction with the skank and gets the wrong idea! Look forward to the next update
aerobee82 chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
"Friend?" Emmett repeated, amusement dancing in his eyes. "I think you're kidding yourself there," he continued, and though there was a hint of a smirk on his face, it was clear he was being serious. "I think this girl means more to you than you realize."

I sighed in frustration. I hadn't really intended on having this conversation with anyone yet, let alone Emmett. I wanted a little more time to try and sort through my feelings for Bella. But now that we were having it, I figured I may as well come clean.

"Maybe she does," I admitted. "I don't know. To be honest, it's kind of taken me by surprise." Emmett nodded slowly before lowering himself to my bed.

"So… she's really deaf?" he asked. "As in, she can't hear a thing?"

"I think so," I replied as honestly as I could. The truth was I didn't really know the answer to that question. "We haven't really discussed her disability in depth," I admitted.

"So you really… talk to her?" Emmett wondered, seemingly confused. "How? I mean, you can't have learned sign language that fast…"

"I've learned a few signs," I explained. "But mostly we communicate though her iPad. She also reads lips."

"She does?" Emmett appeared just as amazed by this fact as I was.

"Yeah," I laughed. "She really does."

"That's cool," Emmett noted before falling silent. He sat on the bed, seeming to consider something before finally speaking again.

"Why haven't you said anything before now? I mean, were you planning on telling me what's going on?"

I looked directly at Emmett, trying to read the expression on his face. He didn't appear to be upset with me for holding out on him, but then again, he was my best friend. I guessed there was a certain expectation that of all people, I would tell him.

"I was going to tell you… at some point," I assured him. "It's just… I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure things out. At first I thought maybe it would be cool to just be friends with her. We really hit if off. She's amazing, and we have a lot of fun when we're together. But lately… well, lately I've found that my feelings are changing. And it scares the shit out of me," I admitted.

"I can see why," Emmett said. And though his words weren't meant to upset me, on some level, they did.

I really loved all of this. I loved that you wrote Emmett in such a way that he's not just a big, dumb jock. You know I like Emmett smart and intuitive. And here, he's logically talking to his friend about something that's serious. He's a good friend to Edward, even if he makes Edward know he has to analyze and dig a bit deeper for the answers he seeks.
arrime chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
so I guess that now jake has something bad to tell bella about edward in case he needs to? and I really don't feel any good vibes about emmet yet. he just seems like a jerk till I hope he gets to redeem himself at some point.
CourtneyLeighCullen chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Wonderful chapter! I can't wait for the next update! :)
radar1230 chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
I'm curious to see what this means for the next chapter.

Looking forward to another update. I hope you had a great holiday season.

suziefknQ chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
This is incredible! I'm so excited to read on!
1,551 | « Prev Page 1 .. 86 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 .. Last Next »