Reviews for The Sound of Silence
mommy2kh chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
Oooh...so if Jake's the DJ - maybe Bella is there? And that is why the music is thumping louder (I love New Order, BTW). I hope Bella didn't see that girl hitting on Edward or Tanya with him - & I hope they get to dance together. Can't wait for more!
Willow73 chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
I like how you have written Emmett not to be the usual dumb jock. If Jake is the DJ does that mean Bella is in the club somewhere. Hope she didn't see the interaction with the skank and gets the wrong idea! Look forward to the next update
aerobee82 chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
"Friend?" Emmett repeated, amusement dancing in his eyes. "I think you're kidding yourself there," he continued, and though there was a hint of a smirk on his face, it was clear he was being serious. "I think this girl means more to you than you realize."

I sighed in frustration. I hadn't really intended on having this conversation with anyone yet, let alone Emmett. I wanted a little more time to try and sort through my feelings for Bella. But now that we were having it, I figured I may as well come clean.

"Maybe she does," I admitted. "I don't know. To be honest, it's kind of taken me by surprise." Emmett nodded slowly before lowering himself to my bed.

"So… she's really deaf?" he asked. "As in, she can't hear a thing?"

"I think so," I replied as honestly as I could. The truth was I didn't really know the answer to that question. "We haven't really discussed her disability in depth," I admitted.

"So you really… talk to her?" Emmett wondered, seemingly confused. "How? I mean, you can't have learned sign language that fast…"

"I've learned a few signs," I explained. "But mostly we communicate though her iPad. She also reads lips."

"She does?" Emmett appeared just as amazed by this fact as I was.

"Yeah," I laughed. "She really does."

"That's cool," Emmett noted before falling silent. He sat on the bed, seeming to consider something before finally speaking again.

"Why haven't you said anything before now? I mean, were you planning on telling me what's going on?"

I looked directly at Emmett, trying to read the expression on his face. He didn't appear to be upset with me for holding out on him, but then again, he was my best friend. I guessed there was a certain expectation that of all people, I would tell him.

"I was going to tell you… at some point," I assured him. "It's just… I've spent the last few weeks trying to figure things out. At first I thought maybe it would be cool to just be friends with her. We really hit if off. She's amazing, and we have a lot of fun when we're together. But lately… well, lately I've found that my feelings are changing. And it scares the shit out of me," I admitted.

"I can see why," Emmett said. And though his words weren't meant to upset me, on some level, they did.

I really loved all of this. I loved that you wrote Emmett in such a way that he's not just a big, dumb jock. You know I like Emmett smart and intuitive. And here, he's logically talking to his friend about something that's serious. He's a good friend to Edward, even if he makes Edward know he has to analyze and dig a bit deeper for the answers he seeks.
arrime chapter 5 . 1/3/2012
so I guess that now jake has something bad to tell bella about edward in case he needs to? and I really don't feel any good vibes about emmet yet. he just seems like a jerk till I hope he gets to redeem himself at some point.
CourtneyLeighCullen chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Wonderful chapter! I can't wait for the next update! :)
radar1230 chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
I'm curious to see what this means for the next chapter.

Looking forward to another update. I hope you had a great holiday season.

:D
suziefknQ chapter 3 . 1/2/2012
This is incredible! I'm so excited to read on!
olivedaisychain chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Great chapter; I thought the pacing was spot on. I can't wait until Edward and Bella get together!
LizS2009 chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
great chapter. can't wait for more
Capricorn75 chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
You just reminded me why I hate going clubbing, lol!
dreampills chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
now what is he going to do with this new information...? he's all torn up about his feelings for bella. i think he wants to honestly be friends with her. just this little nagging feeling that maybe he wants something more. ) you can always be friends then move onto other things right? hehe. glad he has someone to talk about this new relationship with. he was giving himself an ulcer thinking about this so much! the one time i went to a club, a guy tried to pick me up. proceeded to tell me his entire life story and why he wants to be a dentist. / i attract the nerdy type apparently. LOL. never gone clubbing again. haha. you never know. edward might just find bella at a club. especially if the giant is there too!
AngelicAmanda chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Good Chapter...
RACHIAN chapter 5 . 1/2/2012
Ooh, is Bella there? Don't deaf people like the vibrations that loud, bass music makes? Jacob might do that for her on purpose. So is this where the Bizarre Love Triangle comes in? I can see Jacob trying to be an obstacle for our couple. Hope to hear from you soon! :)
mommy2kh chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
I feel like I'm behind on everything here lately and reviews is one of them - LOL! But I did want you to know I loved this chapter and am dying for him to ask her out on a date!
Capricorn75 chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
I'm really enjoying this story. Can't wait to read more. I have to admit, I was really hoping they would exchange email addresses before they left for the holidays :-P
1,558 | « Prev Page 1 .. 87 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 .. Last Next »