Reviews for The Sound of Silence
Smurfiest chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
I enjoyed the glimpse into Edward's everyday life. I liked the way he rushed home to google sign language. He comes across as already being smitten with her. I'm leery of Rosalie, Emmett and Tanya though. I thought Emmett applied a little too much pressure on forcing the outing on Edward. He made his unwillingness to participate perfectly clear. Emmett should have respected that. I loved Edward's attitude and reaction to Tanya! He shut her down hard and I loved it, LOL! I can't believe she actually proposed a casual fuck type of thing. Edward doesn't come across as being the type of man who would welcome such behavior from the woman he is interested in...but then again, who know right? He is after all only a man. I really liked the class he displayed on turning her down though.
x123 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Intriguing story. I saw it mentioned on A Different Forest and I am glad I did. I am looking forward to reading more.
Smurfiest chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Loving the story, Catherine. Bella is shaping up to be an absolute doll and Edward is cute as well. As I've mentioned before, I originally gave the story a pass primarily because of the handicapped angle. I tend to avoid storylines where Edward and/or Bella are physically impaired. I become very attached to the characters and feel horrible about the respective disability. I came back to it after realizing you were the author and am very happy that I did. I still hate that Bella can't be miraculously cured, but such is life you know. The world doesn't work like that and a disbility isn't the end of the world. I admire your Bella's strenght and tenacity. I can't wait to see how you're going to shape the rest of her life. Excellent job!
Willow73 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
I saw your story rec'd on a Different Forest and came to check it out. Love it so far. It's really refreshing to read a story about a confident Bella who is deaf. I have read other stories with deaf characters and they are always have no confidence and are a loner. Your writing is wonderful and I am having no problem following the dialogue. Update soon!
Scorpio11 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
It's nice that they are getting to know each other, but it's time for him to step up his game! Was it just that she can't hear music that upset her when she learned of his double major? It also seems she has had some bad experiences with doctors. I'm glad he and Tanya cleared the air. Hopefully he won't have anymore trouble on that front.
JTStyle chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Love it. I really enjoyed the conversation between Edward and Bella. Their growing relationship is a joy to read about. I love that he is slowly learning how to sign. I felt sad about Bella being unable to hear music. Does that mean she is unable to dance as well? That must be very frustrating and limiting for her.
azure0610 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
What a guy!

He doesn't have to learn sign but the fact that he's making and effort and wants to speaks volumes about his character.
Clynne chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Wonder what has her pulling back? Hmm seems like her parents maybe put her through a lot maybe, like maybe with doctors? I was hping she was passng her # so maybe they could text. Lol

Hope you have a Happy Holiday! Until next time...:-)
RACHIAN chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
:) Nice chapter. I love these frequent updates!
AngelicAmanda chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Good Chapter...
CourtneyLeighCullen chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Wonderful chapter! I can't wait for the next update! :)
proudmom21 chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
This Edward is just the sweetest!
LizS2009 chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
great chapter. can't wait for more
dreampills chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
i love those relationships where you can just sit and have a good time. my fiance and i double dates with his older brother and his new gf. it was awkward as heck. he and i have a very carefree relationship. we joke and laugh a lot. they don't. lol. conversation was very weird to say the least. but i adore relationships that can just be simple and innocent. ) poor edward. what is the man going to do with himself? three weeks without seeing his girl. maybe, he should have made a move earlier. like lunch date? lol. next semester. i think he wants to keep bella as his little secret for now. especially since their relationship is so new and not really much of anything beyond talking on a bench. but, the holidays can bring bigger things to come for the new year!
olivedaisychain chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
I'm falling for Edward:) it's turning out to be a lovely story, and I can't wait for the next update!
1,550 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 .. Last Next »