Reviews for The Sound of Silence
sellabella chapter 3 . 12/23/2011
I like so much that he is not content to just let her type out her responses. I find myself smiling as I read their interactions together.
Montara chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
She's still protecting herself, especially now with so much time until they'll see each other again.
Esme Incognito chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
Another great chapter, Cat.

It's sad that B is so guarded. Must be a lonely life.

Can't wait to see her open up to E.

whohellanoes chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
this is so great. loving how they are getting to know each other, with such simple interaction. and thank you for not dragging this on. thanks so much for the update.
muzaklover chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Great job. Thank you for the update.
Tiffany chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
I really am liking this story and want to see what transpires between them with her not being able to hear and all. Can't wait till ur next update. Sorry I don't update after each one I just an't seem to wait to see what happens next.
Smurfiest chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
I loved the end of this chapter! The imagery of their location did a lot for the scene. I like the way they are slowly building a relationship. Both taking their time to get to know each other. I don't think Bella fully trust in Edward's longevity in her life. She's happy and appreciative about his friendship, but might not be fully embracing it in fear that he is going to leave or reject her someday. As for Edward, he is invested in their friendship and is very attracted to her, but he too is holding back. He hasn't fully accepted his feelings for her yet. I think he might be having difficulty with her disability. I'm not sure how I feel about the way they are both holding each other at arms lenght. They are only existing on the periphery of each others life...neither one pulling the othe fully within their circle. On second thought, that's not a very fair statement because we aren't privy to Bella's thoughts and can't really say that she has or hasn't mentioned him to her family and friends. Excellent chapter, Catherine.
Smurfiest chapter 3 . 12/20/2011
Awe, this chapter is incredibly sweet! I don't know about anybody else, but I find stalkerward to be very adorable. I laughed at his "giant" moniker for Jacob! The meeting was perfect. I love that he signed she is beautiful. I also enjoyed the glimpse into Bella's personality. She comes across as being ultra spunky, confident, with a touch of vulnerability attached. They almost appeared to be in their own little world during their interaction with each other. Her nickname for him is also very cute. Please tell me he is going to give her one as well. Excellenct job.
Smurfiest chapter 2 . 12/20/2011
I enjoyed the glimpse into Edward's everyday life. I liked the way he rushed home to google sign language. He comes across as already being smitten with her. I'm leery of Rosalie, Emmett and Tanya though. I thought Emmett applied a little too much pressure on forcing the outing on Edward. He made his unwillingness to participate perfectly clear. Emmett should have respected that. I loved Edward's attitude and reaction to Tanya! He shut her down hard and I loved it, LOL! I can't believe she actually proposed a casual fuck type of thing. Edward doesn't come across as being the type of man who would welcome such behavior from the woman he is interested in...but then again, who know right? He is after all only a man. I really liked the class he displayed on turning her down though.
x123 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Intriguing story. I saw it mentioned on A Different Forest and I am glad I did. I am looking forward to reading more.
Smurfiest chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Loving the story, Catherine. Bella is shaping up to be an absolute doll and Edward is cute as well. As I've mentioned before, I originally gave the story a pass primarily because of the handicapped angle. I tend to avoid storylines where Edward and/or Bella are physically impaired. I become very attached to the characters and feel horrible about the respective disability. I came back to it after realizing you were the author and am very happy that I did. I still hate that Bella can't be miraculously cured, but such is life you know. The world doesn't work like that and a disbility isn't the end of the world. I admire your Bella's strenght and tenacity. I can't wait to see how you're going to shape the rest of her life. Excellent job!
Willow73 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
I saw your story rec'd on a Different Forest and came to check it out. Love it so far. It's really refreshing to read a story about a confident Bella who is deaf. I have read other stories with deaf characters and they are always have no confidence and are a loner. Your writing is wonderful and I am having no problem following the dialogue. Update soon!
Scorpio11 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
It's nice that they are getting to know each other, but it's time for him to step up his game! Was it just that she can't hear music that upset her when she learned of his double major? It also seems she has had some bad experiences with doctors. I'm glad he and Tanya cleared the air. Hopefully he won't have anymore trouble on that front.
JTStyle chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Love it. I really enjoyed the conversation between Edward and Bella. Their growing relationship is a joy to read about. I love that he is slowly learning how to sign. I felt sad about Bella being unable to hear music. Does that mean she is unable to dance as well? That must be very frustrating and limiting for her.
azure0610 chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
What a guy!

He doesn't have to learn sign but the fact that he's making and effort and wants to speaks volumes about his character.
1,558 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 .. Last Next »