Reviews for Photographs of Heaven
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Wow. That was a beautiful story. You portrayed Dennis mourning so well... That was so sad, and an amazing story. Great work.
Thrae Elddim chapter 1 . 10/6/2012
This had me crying buckets. There are some people that are so ingrained in you like that and I think you captured that perfectly. Well done.
LittleWingsForFlight chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
I'm crying right now. All I have to say.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
I think colin was one of he saddest deaths for me. I just can't imagine annoying little Colin not being around. i feel terribly for Dennis. At least he;s realised he has to keep going. Great story!
FiveSecondsOfCrazy chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
I love pieces that dive into characters like this one did. Glad to have you in the contest. :)
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
"Take some photographs of heaven for me." and the part that went like "heaven didn't need Collin, Dennis did." I really like this, a lot of heavy emotions and all, but they were the right ones. His mom's speech to him- and "live moves on"- my motto. Good job fleshing on the characters!
fantasyessa chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Grammar & Spelling - 6/7 points

Characterization - 3/3 points

Flow - 2/2 points

Sensory Language, Descriptions, ect. - 2/3 points

Story is Posted BY the Due Date: 3/3 points (each day it's late loses you a point; after three days I won't accept any more)

Shows Ability of Writer Properly - 3/3 points

Challenge Met - 1/1 points

Total Points: 20/22

Good job! :)
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Soo sad, but it was very realistic and true. Good job!
Twigglet25 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Hi I'm Hannah, one of the iron writer judges :)

This was amazing, it really moved me and was truly quite beautiful. I loved how you portrayed Dennis as so reliant on Colin and how he isn't moving on without him. I loved all the metaphors you came up with and your general writing style was very good. I spotted no spelling or grammar mistakes either which is a plus. The only tiny problem I had with it was Dennis' way of speaking seemed very cheesy and a bit like something a writer would write rather than a 14 year old would say ... I hope that makes sense. Anyway really well done I loved this :) x
Violet Scarlet Lily chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Wonderful job! You did a very good job portraying grief and loss - most people would've subconsciously gone for the cliche and made him get over his grief - I liked that you made him hold onto the sadness. It was very realistic.

Another of my favorite parts was that Dennis almost hated Harry. I can see him looking for someone to blame - you did that very well. I also really liked the title! Good job!
BookWorm77071 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
My heart broke. Into a million pieces. They are scattered all over my house. Plus, you totally kicked me out of the "I'm a Writer... Get Me Out of Here!". That was really good, and I guarantee you that you won.
abnormalities chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Wow, this is beautiful.

Thank you for entering it into my competition. Check your inbox for your score. :)
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This is absolutely heartbreaking. It's not sad in the way that's supposed to make people cry, it's sad because the story tugs at something.

Dennis is 14. That's a terrible burden, at 14, to bury your brother. The eulogy he gave was absolutely stunning, and the feelings that are stirring in Dennis are written beautifully down. "And he wants to say that he can see now that it wasn't brave, it was just stupid, but he can't speak ill of the dead, he can't speak ill of his brother, not at Colin's funeral." That line is gorgeous, it really shows how Dennis feels without his brother, like he's lost his meaning for life.

I liked the end, with Mrs. Creevy trying to coax Dennis into doing something. Dennis really isn't having any of it, but that box of photographs changes his mind. The line "They will forever laugh together." was pretty, and it put Dennis's loss into simpler terms.

Interesting take on a difficult subject. This was very well-written!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I am never disappointed with your writing. They always amaze me. And this is no different. I really loved this.

I felt the emotion and the words used were perfect. Overall, I seen no flaw :)
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 11/29/2011