Reviews for Chasing Ghosts
Kittie Darkhart chapter 13 . 10/3/2012
You know...I totally didn't see that alternate ending coming, but aliens really do explain a lot about the strange goings on in Silent Hill. It certainly got a laugh out of me! :D

But again, I have to say that this was a wonderful story and a very original crossover. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for your next story!

Until then, my friend!

All the best,

— Kittie
G-Matt chapter 13 . 9/7/2012
Well, I definitely wasn't expecting that. Anyway, thank you for writing this story.
Guest chapter 12 . 8/17/2012
Okay, Charles, you almost had me there for a minute. I mean, when I saw "The End"...I was, like, "Really?! This is it? Nooooo!" So glad that you're planning to post an alternate ending. Because it wouldn't be a Silent Hill story without those, right? :)

Anyway, I really enjoyed the chapter. It's short and heartbreakingly bitter sweet after so much horror, angst, and despair, but I still loved it. I was half-expecting something terrible to happen, honestly. But, in the end, I'm glad to see that Jesse finally saw Leslie. Hallucination or not, I believe seeing her again gave him the closure he really needed to move on with his life. I'm not going to say this reminds me of another fandom, although it did come across my mind when I read this chapter. But, yes, I'm so glad that Jesse didn't do the "In Water" scene, like in Silent Hill 2. Unless that's the alternate ending. Hmmm...Now you have me wondering again! XD

Also, I'm afraid that the song at the end is now stuck in my head...again...I can appreciate the its reappearance, though, considering its context in the story. It fits, but, oh...I understand how Jesse feels at the moment. Can we say awkward much? The poor fellow.

But indeed, I love how this story turned out; it's just brilliant, about how you combined a story like The Bridge to Terabithia with something like Silent Hill. It's a fantastic crossover, truly.

As such, I can't wait to see what new project you have up your sleeve. Bring on the alternate scene! A Silent Hill story must simply end at thirteen chapters! :)

Until then,

— Kittie
Broken-Rose-Thornesxoxo chapter 12 . 8/16/2012
This... was intense. I hope I don't have nightmares. XD Good job!

BRTxoxo
The Turbo Man chapter 12 . 8/6/2012
That was a very moving ending. Despite all the horror that came before, I was happy to see Leslie finally at peace and Jesse content with the fact. I hope he'll be able to recover, though. Anyway, you did a first rate job with this story the whole way through and I enjoyed each and every part of it. I look forward to seeing the Alternate Ending. If you get a chance, drop me an email as I'd like to talk about the GR fic I plan to write by myself. I've made major plans. Later.
MadTom chapter 12 . 8/5/2012
Definitely hoping that the alternate ending brings Leslie back to Jess in the flesh!
G-Matt chapter 12 . 8/3/2012
A satisfying ending. I'm curious to see what the alternate one will be like.
Kittie Darkhart chapter 11 . 7/17/2012
Hey, Charles,

I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long to review, but I must say that I truly enjoyed reading this latest chapter. Because, really, what a chapter it is!

And you know...there's always something that's just plain creepy about insanely murderous toy dolls, which come to life when you least expect it. O_0 Really, Jesse and Miss Edmunds just can't seem to catch much of a break between killing things and running for their lives, now can they? And yet, I do like how Miss Edmunds takes control of the situation: shoot first and don't even bother to ask questions! :)

But all joking aside, this chapter, I think, was quite definitive in its execution; it really feels like a true climax. I mean, even when you leave us hanging in the midst of our uncertainty, as to Jesse and Miss Edmunds' fates at the end, I'm glad to see a few things coming together at last. I liked Jesse's coming to the realization of what Pyramid Head truly represents, and how his guilt created such a terrible manifestation. His confrontation with Laurie, too, was marvelously done. I believe you shaped her character rather perfectly here, in how she can't really let Jesse go. It was also fantastic to see Miss Edmunds come to his rescue! :D

Anyway, I can't say how much I enjoyed reading this chapter. And, really, I can't wait to see what happens in the next. I just hope Jesse somehow manages to survive, especially since I would be incredibly sad if his fate becomes something akin to another "In Water" scene. o.0;

Until next time!

- Kittie
Dead to my World chapter 11 . 7/11/2012
This Story Is So Badass, Here's My Review (Silent Hill Style)

Harry Mason: Enjoyed It!
James Sunderland: THIS STORY IS ABOUT ME! 5 Stars!
Heather Mason: I Liked Your Style
Henry Townshend: Update Soon!
Travis Grady: *Breaks A Tv* Awesome!
Alex Shepherd: Robbie Makes This Story Good!
Murphy Pendleton: I Want To See The Void
Pyramid Head: *Kills* This Is *Kills* The Best *Kills* Crossover EVER! *Kills*

But, I Have A Question:

If Jesse Is James, Leslie Is Mary, Laurie Is Maria, Janice Is Angela & Pyramid Head Is Pyramid Head. Then, Who's Miss Edmunds Supposed To Be? And Will You Make Characters As The Role Of Laura & Eddie?
G-Matt chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
Great chapter! I see that the conclusion will probably come soon.
The Turbo Man chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
That was probably the most intense chapter of the story thus far. While it was scary and intense I'm glad that Jesse finally found the truth he'd been looking for towards the end. But I know it's not over yet. I just hope that he and Miss Edmunds can get out of this alive and both forgive themselves.

But it was, as usual, a great continuation of the storyline and a brilliant horror story in its' own right. The only downside is that I now have even less desire to play the 'Silent Hill' games if they're as scary as this. Good job once again and I look forward to more.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/2/2012
Wahoo! This is... Amazingly intense. Creepy. Awesome! I love it so much I almost fainted. Update soon!
Kittie Darkhart chapter 10 . 6/23/2012
Oh, no, I had a feeling that this would happen to Janice. I really did. And here I was hoping that I would be wrong. Is she really gone, or will she pull a Laurie and come back, seemingly worse than before, I wonder?

As for the amusement park, it actually reminded me of a very twisted version of the one from an old Scooby-Doo episode "Foul Play in Funland," with Pyramid Head in place of a mechanically dysfunctional Charlie. o.0; Although the foul play in this chapter was really beyond that; for while I'm not overly fond of Laurie, this chapter just ends on a very heartbreaking, poignant note. Janice's comment that she's always been in hell, and that no one could see it until now was just so tragically sad and unfortunate. It's really not the horror in this chapter that's overwhelming but the sadness it inspires, because that kind of horror actually happens in everyday life. I'm honestly glad that you incorporated some realism into this story, Charles. It was very well done here. Very well done indeed, my friend. I believe you captured the emotions you intended here.

But again, I'm afraid you've left us hanging. Because, really, just how many times is Pyramid Head going to kill Laurie before she's finally dead? XD

And, as always, I cannot wait to see what happens in the next chapter, especially now with Jesse and Miss Edmunds dealing with the loss of Janice, letting Leslie go, and everything else. I just wonder if they'll make it out of Silent Hill alive...
The Turbo Man chapter 10 . 6/22/2012
Once again, these last two chapters have been very scary and brilliant. I'm beginning to wonder exactly what Laurie is, though. Very sad what happened to Janice, both before she came to Silent Hill and in this chapter. But this story is still a great read. I look forward to seeing what will come next and how everything will work out in the end. Great job on chapters 9 and 10.
MadTom chapter 10 . 6/17/2012
A good chapter overall, but I'm a little alarmed at Laurie's language in a T-rated story. My being completely ignorant of the Silent Hill universe, is that kind of language consistent with it?
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »