Reviews for Finding Dad
Guest of Anon chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
A really touching story.
mudkipz chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
-dabs at eyes with tissue- lovely work. Of course its great what did I expect _
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
You are such an awesome storyteller, Kavery12! I love how accessibility of your writing style, the depth of character knowledge, as well as the heart with which you add all the piceces together.

"For all his smarts and intelligence, Sam couldn't figure out what he and Dean had been missing. What was wrong with them? Why didn't John Winchester love his sons?"

It would be just like Dean and Sam to feel obligated to see dad, but also want to 'beat feet' or 'stay the course', respectively. It's not that Sam isn't angry too, he's more determined to get the dirty laundry out in the open than Dean.

"Dean cut the lawn. Sam dug out a sander and hovercraft to strip paint from the house. Dean fixed the fence. Sam went down to the hardware store, rented a paint gun and the house gleamed in a new coat of snow white.

John didn't appear and he sure as hell didn't offer them lunch."

I really enjoyed how they systematically cleaned the house around and obstinate John.

"The hurt was still there, a yawning cavern where his family used to be. But the living proof that some of that family still remained eased the stabbing ache."

Nice imagery. I like how John slowly began to see the light.

And the rest of the story was awesome too. I'm heartened to know that John now how true fatherly concern about his boys on the front line of Starfleet.
acegraysons chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Enrehajkfld;jsaf dsal;kfdsa sall the feels. All of them. I'm so glad the boys got to reconnect with John ... I would've been heartbroken otherwise. Ugh, I'm as emotionally invested in these Winchesters as I am in the actual Winchesters.
SethMaxwell06 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
You know what, you're not a genius! I take it back! You are god!
MarzBarz chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
I love the slow build in the Winchesters turning their relationship around. John in particular I think is very good, because this is very easily a person he could have become in the show. And the way Sam handles him is very Sam, and Dean is so very painfully Dean in this part. And I'm insanely curious what the crap happened to the boys and the Impala, but it was such a sweet ending at the same time.
ShinobuSaiga chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Ohhhh John... Thank god for Rufus. With Bobby with the boys I guess Rufus would be the character. Or well, Pastor Jim. But that was not a character we really got to know in canon so...

This was in turns sweet and bitter... so like the Winchesters themselves. :)

I'm off to read the actual rescue story...
dianty chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Never would have thought about this crossover, but I'm digging it! I loved the boys doing routine chores...mowing the grass. Nice.
memyselfandi89 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Not bad. I liked it. Only problem is I'm much more interested in where/why/how the Impala disappeared and how the Enterprise got them out. That sounds like a fun tale. Yay John for getting his act together (and nobody had to punch him in the face! Well, maybe Rufus did). Oh and this part "the sheriff chased them out of town just to make sure they didn't sneak back in to say "Surprise! Fooled ya!"" that's brilliant! What in the world were the boys up to? Lol.
joniskpelare chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Nice to see them reconnect with John.