Reviews for Aro's Cold Heart
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 4 . 10/10/2012
I liked this fic - I find the characters you used very enjoyable. :) I enjoyed the sense you tried to make out of the characters' backstories. The creepy vampire story of Aro's and Didyme's turning was well-done; reminded me a bit of the classic Dracula and Jonathan Harker's experiences. However, Armando is no more a Roman name than 'Aro' - Armando comes from the German word for army-man and didn't become popular in Italy until much later.

I also enjoyed how you made it clear that the sparklepires would be harmed by bombings! It makes complete sense, and it's nice to be reminded that we lowly humans can wreak some pretty impressive destruction when we put our minds to it. Carlisle saving the wounded is also what a conscientious vampire doctor should be like.

And I liked the bit about Alice's powers interacting with Aro's - that was very intriguing and interesting. It was also enjoyable to see Aro's and Sulpicia's relationship as atypical and unusual. His relationship with Jane was also interestingly written and I thought this account of how she developed her sadistic personality worked for the character.

By the way, 'canon' not 'cannon' - cannons are for ships. :P Another minor canon detail - Renesthingy has brown eyes, not green.

The vampiric breeding program was chilling and scary. It was interesting to see the Volturi taking action instead of just sitting around! I have the impression that on a calculating level, the dhampirs are less powerful than the sparklepires and therefore less valuable, but I can see how the vampires might wish to have their own children. So many of them in your fic have powers, yet I have the impression it's supposed to be a rare thing in canon (although Meyer seems to like to load up on the specialness).

"Joham was fair skinned and had reddish blond hair. His hybrid children were all various shades of brown, as most had been born of mothers from either South America, or Africa." - This is quite chilling; it describes the women that Joham likes to exploit and murder.

Joham's strong powers were scary too! Nicely done on that aspect of the story. However, I thought it was implausible that Joham's powers were strong enough to take over the entire Volturi, when he could have done it before.

A good, compelling read, and I don't mind that it's incomplete. Bravo. :)
LostAtSea4ToLong chapter 2 . 12/9/2011
So interesting to hear things from his perspective - Sorry I haven't had much time to get around and read it till now
LostAtSea4ToLong chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
oh what a powerful setup - i like it please do continue
UTmouser1 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Nice work and the presentation of Aro's change. I find it interesting that his memory of the death of Didyme is that the Romanians killed her when he knows full well that he had her killed.

One short note: In paragraph 10 you might want to complete the very last word so it makes more sense.
Roses chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I like Aro's voice in this story. It sounds like him: clever, witty, perpetually amused. His view of the history of the Volturi is always interesting to read. I'm curious as to Didyme's fate. Did Aro kill her and lie about it so many times that he came to believe that the Romanians did it, or was it them all along?

Another thing that threw me a little bit was the historical inaccuracy, mostly with the names. Armando isn't really a Roman name, and Heidi would probably have had a different name as well. But those are small nitpicks in an otherwise strong piece of writing.