Reviews for Recall
Hog Draconis chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Likes the story, but exactly HOW can Theresa Lisieux/Tess still be alive after 200 years?
I mean, she is obviously not a vampire, and she IS alive 200 years after Lucien died? (And she obviously knew him.)
Still, looking away from this, it's a great story, and I must say that you are a great author.

-Draconis
The Respectable Pureblood chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
I really, really, really liked it!

Argh! It was brilliant. I don't know, I found it to be a strange idea but enjoyable and believable written and I like how it's a unique Lucien story set in Skyrim instead of Oblivion and how you linked Babette back to the old brotherhood.

Bloody favouriting it.
Artorius XV chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Ohh, I absolutely loved this, I'm not usually one to read what could be considered a one-shot, but this was definitely good.
Nenalata chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
/bursts into flames/ Flames of glee. Not concritting flames.

Yes yes yes YES! Someone wrote a decent story about Spectral Assassin AND Astrid-negatively-portrayed!

Okay. This was beautifully written. The dream and hallucination sequences in particular were stunning. I'd like to mention that I loved the Cyrodiilic Brotherhood and hate the Skyrim one. I also don't really like to play as heartless murderer. But you! You made me like your character. You made me like the fact that she WAS ruthless.

Now, this isn't because Lucien Lachance is an awesome character whom I miss, or because I dislike Astrid, or because I'm all rah-rah Old Ways. No, you just MADE her likeable-the confusion, the sparse writing style, the confusion, the memories, the confusion...

Yeah. So her confusion about all the deja vu was stellar.

I love Cicero and vampires frighten me so I avoid Babette, but despite my various differences in opinion, I found myself briefly agreeing with your character on her thoughts etc, which is due to good writing in general. I like writing unlikeable characters and therefore find writing truly sympathetic characters difficult, so I always am impressed when I read a story with one. I also found the way you wrote Lucien's summoning incredible. The buildup was fantastic, and the moment it occurred was just...

Okay I liked your story.

My only real issues would be a few typos/mistakes. There's a missing word in one of the earlier italics-I forget which, and I'm on my phone so I can't really check-and when you say Marthal, I think you meant to say Morthal. That's all I can really offer in terms of concrit. You always write in my favourite style-sparse, quiet, tense-so my happiness is kinda blocking my usual concrit abilities.

This is, obviously, going on my faves list.
Dovakhiin chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
SO. BEAUTIFUL. :'D
fruitloops was taken chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
There will never be enough Lucien Lachance stories. Particularly one's that are well written. Go you!

The fact that I liked you character's name made it 100x better
Eileen chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I love the simplicity and order of the words you use, it ties in so much emotion and description without hardly building a scene. I love it, so, SO much. It's like reading poetry.
Jordy Trent chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
Hello there!

I really like this fic; it's atmospheric and captures the emotions of the main character well. The descriptions and dialogue are sparing but carefully chosen, and therefore very effective. I especially liked the confusion she feels when first encountering Astrid, the way the meeting feels partly familiar, but partly wrong and strange because it isn't Lucien. (btw, I also killed all three of the 'guests' -might as well go for broke, heh? ;) )

The memories of the Cheydinhal Family are really good, too...the way certain things and people from the Skyrim Sanctuary trigger those memories, but they still remain elusive. It's nicely poignant.

In some ways it's similar (but don't worry, not too similar) to my own WIP, which I started writing even before I played Skyrim, as soon as I heard of Lucien's return. Like yours, it's going to be a companion piece to my earlier Oblivion/Lucien's death fic...he's such an amazing character to write about.

I'd suggest that the fic would benefit from a quick once-over by a beta-reader - there are a few minor punctuation/grammar issues, nothing that detracts from the story as a whole but could do with being cleared up. If you wanted, I'd be happy to do this - I've done quite a bit of proofing in the past.

Great job - I really enjoyed reading it.
Nevvarchive chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I greatly appreciate this.

I've always liked the idea of the Dragonborn being the reborn... whatever you call the hero in Oblivion.

And this... is just awesome writing, in an awesome genre, in an awesome series, with awesome characters, and an awesome ship.

So... yeah.
Backyard Blackout chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I'm kinda excited that I'm not the only one who had this idea. I mean, this is almost to a T what I was going to write. xD

So strange.

But this is great! Well written, clever plotline, and I think it suits a oneshot better than an entire story

~R2
Siegfried949 chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
This was absolutely fantastic! It's also kinda scary... I had, I kid you not, the same idea, but you definitely wrote it better than I ever could! 3 If you continue this story, it just might be the best fic I ever read. Go now, child of Sithis, and write the best fanfic ever! :D
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
It's always great to find out that there are others that share your head canons. That said, I loved how you spaced out the events from her joining the Brotherhood to the very end. It made it seem more realistic somehow. I also thought that the flashbacks were very well done. Great job and keep up the great work.
Jeezabel chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
...it was the most epic thing I ever read...do you plan on writing more because I would totally love you if you did.
blank-nolongerinuseok chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
This is beautiful.

Also, don't consider Babette fleeing from the Oblivion Crisis to be an ass-pull! She probably did :) After all, I'm pretty sure she says she's been a vampire for a few centuries. Three, I think.

I love the way you've written the characters. They come to life in my mind.

I know this is meant to be complete... but in all honesty I wish it would continue.

Best regards :)
Lady Of Embers chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
As usual?

I want to jug you for this piece of work.