Reviews for Ships Are Launching From My Chest

AMAZING
SAD
AND BEAUTIFUL
MisterBlik chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Oh my god, the end was so WONDERFUL. It made me cry. I love this couple, I love this fic, and this song is wonderful and fits them and this story very well.
Afterdark1984 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I read this story again and decided to play the song that you mention in your notes (lovely song btw). I got to say that I'm sucker for angst especially when one of the main characters is suffering from depression. I can relate to Stan in some way. The fear of just being sad and never able to recover from it. He drowns himself with booze while I just lock myself in my room to think alone. Eventually we all take that step to get past it with help from others. Gary is perfect for Stan, he doesn't go poking around his problems. He tries to comfort him the best way he can. It was wonderful to read this along with the rest of the stories that you have written about this show.
Yaahoohoo chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
hello, let me have this on my favorites too. thank you.
pennywhistles chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
i'm sorry this review sucks so bad ugh

um. this song. this story. scarlett you are killing me my heart has exploded from love for you asdfghjkl;;;;

okay i'm going to tackle this piece by piece ready.

Stan: this. This portrayal of stan is the exact reason why I wanted you to write him in the first place, he is fucking flawless in the way that you write him. Oh my god. Just in his thoughts and words and actions and thoughts, like, he is so deep and so much more than the surface shows and ugh that is my favorite kind of stan in the world.

'Stan himself is tired of being sad all the fucking time, and fuck, if he knew how to help himself, he'd do it. But he is and he doesn't, and so here he is, caught in this hazy, drunken routine. It's better than having to face his life head-on. Stan doesn't think that he has the power to fight against the overwhelming melancholy he feels when he's sober.'

...fucking ouch, girl. -that- hit home, oh my god. Like I said, part of the reason I wanted you to write stan is because we both struggle with that particular issue and -yes-, scarlett, that whole paragraph was so perfect that I wanted to die. You are so good at feelings ugh I never even told you anything about that and you knew anyways you are amazing.

Gary: GARY YOU ARE A FLAWLESS HUMAN BEING. Um okay I was worried that he was going to come off as too brash at first because most people are super bad at writing gary haha but -you-, ma'm, you are perfect. He had the best personality and the fact that he picked up dude from stan is so cute to me. And I really like the fact that he's touchy about his sexuality because it just fits, you know? And even though he's touchy he's still easy going and nice and relaxed.

You are so good with writing hangovers do you experience them often.

YOUR EX MORMONISM CAME IN HANDY HERE DID IT NOT. Hahaha I learned so many things which is fun because I fucking love the mormons.

GARY'S BEEN RUBBING HIS MOM'S SHOULDERS SINCE HE WAS NINE AWWWWWWW GODDDDDDD

“Don't curse.”

ahskjdfhkalsdhjklagjkl;eahs

hdasgkhqaower;sldgvk./ajsgh;

no words

no words at all

ah! I also really liked the ending of this because I was waiting for stan and gary to talk about stan's alchoholism and I wasn't sure how you were going to do it, but I love how you did. Short and sweet but really powerful while staying realistic. I was happy that stan didn't just decide to give up drinking because um would that be realistic.

Anyways

you're a flawless human being this is the best present ever and as such I have decided to get off my lazy ass and write something for -you- for christmas. We will talk about this later k.
SourBottleMilk chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Really great stanry story.:)

Gary is just too nice. Just as i think, He's the only one in the south park who can stand drunk Stan.

Hope to see some more stanry3
TragedyBoner chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Okay, I haven't seen the Mormons episode before, so going into this I had no clue who Gary was. But now that I do, I'll make watching that episode a priority.

Stan and Gary's relationship was sweet here...There's something so lovely about Gary's taking care of Stan and letting him borrow pajamas, telling Stan he likes it when he wears them. The part where he got sarcastic at the end about the whole gay thing was amusing to say the least. Oh, Stan. He's a little slow on the uptake.

But this was really very nice to read!
lucy sinclair chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
When I first saw this in my inbox all I thought was "Wtf?"

but since you are my favorite author I decided I should be open minded and give gary/stan a try

of course commonly with your writting you have convinced me that this is an excellent pair.

I love how you've written gary and stan with their unique personalities. putting in subtle things to describe them and make them more three demensional

bravo miss scarlet

it was awesome
KirstenTheDestroyer chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Interesting use of lyrics at the end there. Excellent song choice in general, actually (as always. I know I never mention it, but you do have an impeccable talent for picking the perfect songs for your chapters).

I actually feel kind of bad because I had to look up who Gary Harrison was because I had never seen him in any of the episodes I had watched. Durrr

This one-shot has a different feel than the other ones. I don't know what it is, I can't place my finger on it, but it's not a bad sort of different. It's probably the bigger role the song plays in it. The actual appearance of the lyrics forces you to look up the song, which makes you get more attached to the story. And I really like it. It makes this odd feeling settle in my stomach, not bad, just odd, like I can feel the story in my soul or something

Okay, now that I just spewed something that makes absolutely no sense, I'm going to talk about the actual content

I like how Gary is always telling Stan to watch his language. And I like the feeling between them. Stan the loose canon and Gary the cool and collected. It's nice. I really like it. That might be the reason I like Creek so much too, superlol. I like reading composed characters in your stories because they balance out all the crazy shit you throw everywhere else. It's just a nice scheme that you seem to have perfected.
w0rmsign chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
aw Stan :'( He's so broken.

Loved Gary saying 'don't curse' right in the middle of sex, lol, and the detail of Gary suspecting his folks know about him :s

Enjoyed this a lot!
Chasing Rabbits chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
All my tears. ALL OF THEM.

I wish I were more awake right now, but I will just tell you that your characterization of Gary is everything I hoped it would be and more (and you know I love your Stan, so there). Like, he's exactly in character and it makes me so happy. I love the little things, like how Gary picked up 'dude' from Stan, and his subconscious aversions to sex... It's perfect.

Everything's perfect.

You're perfect.

So there.
Lying Honesty DEACTIVATED chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
This feels powerful to me, emotionally. I haven't really read a lot of StanXGary fics, but I did think they were cute together in the episode. I liked this fic. I can't really pinpoint why, but I really like it. It's one of those stories that make you think "Sure, life sucks now. But you'll pull through it." I love it.