Reviews for A History of the Chants of 12B
Uovoc chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
Wow. That was very confusing the first time around, but the second reading made it more or less click. That was devious, melding the two bookverses together, and well done. I like how you adapted the characters to their environment, like the Argents for example. Were you meaning to dip briefly into Sirius Black's family tree there?
Just one thing: I thought that Janet's world didn't have magic. Unless the events of "Witch Week" altered the past.
Alix Cohen chapter 1 . 5/20/2012
Please write more about Chant-sensei! It sounds like he had some interesting adventures...
fleeting . white . feathers chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Wow! I like this idea! Are you going to continue it? It sounds amazing :)
Aellepi chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Lovely! :D It's an interesting idea on Janet's family's history. I wonder if Christopher and his lot know about the witches and wizards of 12B. It would make sense for them to know, but this somehow gave the idea that they don't. Oh, well.

I like the way you told Claudius' life. It was so much nicer than the usual story. More realistic, in a way. And then Cornelius' life too. How he lived after his-might-have-been-wife left. (Was Algol in any of the books? And Ophelia's brother that was in Paris smuggling weapons was that Ralph in 'Lives of Christopher Chant', right?)

Romillia got into Hogwarts! Good for her. Though does this mean that she has magic or that she hasn't? The "peculiar circumstances" mean that she's not Janet. But why would Hogwarts ask her to go there because she's not Janet? Unless... Unless Christopher and his lot really do know about the wizards and such in 12B and gave the current headmaster a tip to look after Romillia.

I do have to say that at first read the fic seemed a bit chaotic. But I think that was all on the names starting with a C. (On those, isn't it usual for the people in other worlds to name their children differently? But I do kind of get why the names were the same as in 12A. It would have been very confusing.)

Still, enjoyed this.