Reviews for Last Call
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 2/11
That was definitely a date. Neither of them are willing to admit as much, because of all those pesky feelings and all but, it was definitely a date. I just hope that he breaks up with Tori before they go too far. I don't want to read a cheating Edward . . . even if it is with Bella. She has her wits about her about being the other woman. I also hope he breaks up with her before their engagement party, as it isn't fair to the people coming to the party to only find out three days later it's been called off. Maybe this night will bring him more clarity and peace.
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 2/11
Sorry for the loss of your beloved grandmother. I know it's been years but, just read that now. Now the chapter review. I like that Edward is starting to see the real Tori. Or, at the very least, the Tori she has become since she's been in Hollywood. And, I liked that he's is very much leaning on staying in LBI. I also like that Bella's bowing out of the engagement party. She really shouldn't be there, as it isn't the place for her. I like that she's going to work. However, if it is supposed to be that busy, and many of the staff is going to be at the party, who is working with Bella? Shouldn't they just close the place for the night? All seems weird. I'm not surprised that her past came up and smacked her in the face. Although, I still wonder where these bitches were when Bella needed them most. It good that they've been absent, as she is a whole different person now and if they had been there, she may not be.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 2/11
It's so very good that he's got Jasper that knows the hell he went through all those years ago at the fate of Isabella . . . that also knows the Bella she has been since she woke up. He is probably the only one that sees what hell Edward is truly in right now. I also really liked thatbhe made Edward pull Bella out of the equation to think about the Tori situation. What he said is true. Putting the demise of his relationship with Tori on Bella's shoulders would not be good on either of the three of them. The Tori thing seems to be hardest for Edward because of the lifelong friendship that put them where they are now. It's much like the very many stories out there where Bella and Jake simply turned into more, because it felt like it was the right way to go in. Not recognizing the passion wasn't there. That normally ends with Bella being left behind by Jake, or cheated on by Jake and her finding Edward and true passion. I don't like that they kissed, because it shouldn't have happened. However, I like that it is Edward and not Bella dealing with the lifelong friend and what to do.i would suggest that Edward sit down with Rosalie and tell her the whole story. The one Jasper already knows. Then Jasper and Rosalie can share with Alice and Emmett. That way, Rosalie can make a judgement call on how best to tell Bella the horrible truth of how awful she was to him. Although, it sounded like she may have had a reason to with what Jasper started to mention here. It also sounds like neither of them ever got over the other one. Moved on to others yes, but didn't get over what their hearts knew they wanted.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 2/11
I liked that his dream let us readers know that he was successful in getting her out of the cabana and up to her room. Pretty sure something happened in that room that night but, also thinking it didn't get too far with her that drunk. Fifty-five degrees is very cold to try and sleep in. It was lucky that Kate was smart and had the blanket there for inventory nights. And, the sweatshirts that didn't sell the year before. I'm glad he shared with Bella that Tori pulled the rug out from under him the way she did. Seems Bella had the same thought I did on that. How could she expect Edward to I've up his dreams for hers. She didn't think the opposite though, that I did. Or, she didn't voice it. Neither one should give up their dream. They have to figure it out though. Los Angeles is a very fickle city though. Most restaurants don't survive past their hype of being new.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 2/11
I'm guessing that Renèe didn't know that Edward's family had money too? Since she merely dismissed him as 'the help' and told Bella to stop seeing him. That makes what Edward went through even worse. That her parents would accept a man that allowed his father to bet her away for a bottle of whiskey, just because he was high in the society bracket. Wow.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 2/11
I definitely skimmed that first part, not reading until they surfaced at the bar. Tori saying Becca annoyed me. She can't remember a persons name not two seconds after meeting her? How very Hollywood of her. I'm glad all those photos were saved. It really does make you wonder why none of those friends never bothered to stop in to see Bella. How odd thatbthey were that close and they never did. Glad she found the photo of her and Edward together . . . even if it brought on a whole different round of questions. Edward's talk with Tori was interesting. Her deciding his future for him, when he already has the one he wants unfolding in front of him. Very, very selfish of her to tell him to leave it all behind and start fresh where those types of businesses are a dime a dozen, and very few actually make it. Then again, him asking her to stay there in his town is equally selfish. This getting locked in the wine cellar, is going to make him have to tell her the story. He shouldn't sugar coat it, yet he should tell her with a calm voice and try his hardest not to get riled up with those memories.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 2/11
Loved that Rose is not going to let Edward off easy. And simultaneously, very happy that Emmett is. Priceless moment with Jasper, when Edward told him Isabella and Bella are one in the same. Threw him for a loop, that's for sure. Sounds like I will be skimming the hell out of the next chapter. Yuck.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 2/11
I really liked learning that Edward and Jasper are best friends, as that may help later. Glad to have the whole story laid out like that. She definitely went through absolute hell. I think she may be really lucky about not remembering the details of Alec and their relationship. I feel it may be a blessing, from what Edward remembers of it. No, that was only when they were there in the summers.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 2/11
The talk between brothers went well. James, yet again, gave Edward an out before he takes things further. If I were James, I'd bow out only because of the grief he can see in his brother. Family first. He can have another woman, just not the one your own brother is clearly tangled over. Even if the same brother is engaged. I still wonder if Tori and Lauren are more than hairstylist and Hollywood starlet. Something along the Jodi Foster and her assistant all those years. So many people came to pay respects to a woman that was clearly loved and important. That was good. Poor Bella having to face it all alone. I'm glad that Alice, Jasper, Rose and Emmett will all be there tomorrow. She needs them right now.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 2/11
I'm glad she's decided to talk to Edward and he agreed to it. Also, it was good that she told James first. I have to admit I skimmed the rest of their time together because I admit I have issues with those two together. As nice as your character is, his name is James and I had a stalker and his name was James. All James squick me out for that reason alone. Worst eight months of my young adult life. *shivers*
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 2/11
I'm glad she's getting the hang of things and that she feels the depression lifting being around the happy customers.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 2/11
Reading him showing her around the place sounded fine in his POV. I suppose he was being a dick though, as she pointed out in her POV.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 2/11
Why the repeat of the whole Bella part in Edward's? That was weird.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 2/11
Good grief that was, I don't even have the right words. Neither brother was listening to the other brother. Both saying the same things over and over, yet nothing clicking with either.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 2/11
I'm not sure it was a good idea for Rosalie to tell Bella what 'Eric' said to her last week. There was no reason for her to know that information, as it only hurts her. It doesn't help for her to know that. Not at all. Plus, poor Eric won't have any clue what James is talking about when he confronts him about it. When Edward does the scheduling, or when James speaks to him about it, he's going to realize that his Isabella is one in the same to James' Bella. He's going to realize it was him, not Eric, that said those things to Rosalie. He clearly was confused as to why she was confused. He definitely didn't like hearing the Mrs. King part. Wonder if he made the connection to the Ms. King client after she said her name was King?
4,803 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »