Reviews for The sad Song of Sunflowers
MadsRenai chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
Feedback on Chapter 1:

The first scene, I found very interesting, although also slightly confusing when you started talking about Russia ripping out his own heart. It seems a bit bizarre for the Hetalian universe, although I must admit it really gets the point of Russia being the actually country across very clearly.

When we jumped into the scenario taking place at Germany's house, I smiled a bit. Your wording made mostly all of it form images in my head that matched the atmosphere the anime gives to the place. Very well done.
However, somewhere half through that scene, I got impatient, and started wondering things like why it was dragging on, why we were there in the first place, and where Austria was at (since he's usually seen in Germany's house?)
However, all but one of those questions were answered with the interesting things that happened just after that.

A thing that makes me wonder though, is that you seem to describe the countries (not counting US) as being hit by a single plane to the capital - a hit that, while indeed critical, I'd not count as being fatal. Although that can of course be discussed.

The use of foreign languages in your texts is a nice touch, although I'd try not to overdo it if I were you. While I can read basic German, I think it might break the reading flow for people who don't, which might just be more of an annoyance than a plus. Although that's just my speculation.

One more thing - even though, damn I write text-walls on here x_X" - I want to compliment you on, is the depth of details you've put into your story this far.
You seem to go out of your way in detailing not just the scenes and actions of people, but also the mental statements of them. Overall, a very in-depth peice of work, but without being too tiresome. (although I did skip over part of the dog feeding stuff)

I'd rather not admit it, but I kinda... look forward to see what's to come.
Especially how you'll involve Belarus, who's more likely than anyone to submit to Russia - who seems to rather want her sealed up. (Not dead though. He loves his sisters)
Keep up the good work.
MadsRenai chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
You have a very interesting way of writing - as I had already predicted - and seem to have a good grip around the Russian history.

You seem to catch the personality of Russia very well throughout the entire prologue, although I think some of the bigger minor characters (wut?) could use a bit of polish. Especially his sister's roles seem to have been degraded slightly - Belarus the most - which I find to be a bit sad.
If there's anything more to write about them, seen from a historical perspective though, I must admit I'm unsure of, so if there isn't, you might have just hit it spot on, and I'm just rambling nonsense, haha.

At first I found the repetitive use of "da" slightly annoying, but in the end, I realize it simply helps capture the playful and childish nature of Russia's messed up mind.
On that note, you do a good job at slowly making him decent further into the darkness of his own mind, in a manner that seems natural.

As far as goes for tying the lyrics of the song together with your story, you seem to have done okay at it. I must admit I omitted half of the lyrics, simply because they seemed to break the flow in my writing, however that might just be personal preferences coming into play.

Overall, you do a good job at trying to fill in some blank spots in the story of Hetalia, by combining historical events with what we know about Russia, as well as some basic knowledge about psychology.

So, all in all; an impressive job this far.
I mean seriously. I even created this account souly to comment on your work. And I am far from a fanfic fan.
Arya May chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
I normally avoid reading anything on Russia, but I have to say that I loved this! It would be awesome if you could update it soon. Perhaps I might just pick up a fondness for Ivan after I read more of this fic.
Yaoi-Mayer chapter 2 . 4/1/2012
Wow. That was so amazing. I mean, seriously. You write so, so, SO well, and I was just stunned. Very much in-character, great vocabulary and use of the words, and the fact that you made the characters use words/sentences in their own language: so awesome!

Also, the story itself is really great, although of course horrible. (... that sounds weird)

Please, update soon! I'm eager to continue reading! :D
Happily Austria chapter 2 . 3/19/2012
Wow. All I can say is wow. This was very smart as well as being overall entertaining. I'm really impressed and I can't wait for more!

pengirl100and2 chapter 2 . 3/18/2012
when u say sad u mean it... *sniffles* more pwease!
Sigart chapter 2 . 3/18/2012
Du.. Du er fra Danmark? O_O I didn't know! Omg, landsmand!

Jeg er stadig glad for din historie _ Selvom jeg havde håbet på lidt mere Russia!Angst, lidt mindre... Russia-er-fjenden-over-dem-alle

...Uhm. Uh. Har du brug for noget historie mellem Russia og Danmark? Jeg har gjort en del reearch siden jeg kom ind i Hetalia fandom... Eller du har måske styr på det? Eller måske er det endda direkte uhensigtsmæssigt at kende det...?

In any case! Følger stadig spændt med _
Sigart chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Will be looking forward to this :D