Reviews for The Alice Games
Y.H. Arika chapter 14 . 1/25
Hi! Words cannot express how amazed I am with your story. It's developing perfectly and it never fails to enthrall me. As an avid fan of the Hunger Games and a dying fan of Gakuen Alice, this story is adventurous and perfect. Although I'm fading in my love my Gakuen Alice, I cannot help but be in love with this story. I have a single question, though: Have you ever read Divergent? I'm not so much as a fan of the series as Hunger Games, but there are also some closeness in this story to Divergent, too.
Don't rush yourself with an update! Life in freaking busy and trying to fit in writing is like you're drowning and someone hands you an infant to take care of.
Bleuet chapter 14 . 12/2/2014
I just saw Mockingjay this past Friday, and I was reminded of your fic so I thought I should reread it. First of all, I'm soooooo glad you decided to come back and continue this story. Your story is very unique in the GA fandom and I love what you have done with the plot from the Hunger Games. You seem committed to making the reactions and characters' personalities realistic and enjoyable. I especially love the slow pace you are developing Mikan's and Natsume's relationship. At this point in the story and with everything that is happening to the both if them, starting a romance would be very difficult. But hopefully it will develop in time. You also portray well the gravity if the situation that Mikan is under. Everything she cares about is slipping through her fingers and it will probably become more painful during the games. Now that you have returned to this story, I hope you update soon. I hope your first semester is college was fun! I know it can be very difficult and time-consuming, in fact I'm putting off studying for finals right now by writing this, but just don't forget about the audience that loves reading this fic. Anyway please update soon, I can't wait to see how the story unfolds. o(_-)O
Guest chapter 14 . 11/2/2014
. ...please...
MagicRose37 chapter 14 . 9/1/2014
Please write more pretty please
Neon93Love chapter 14 . 7/7/2014
I just love your story so far I'm sorry I haven't reviewed your last chapters but that's how awesome it is that I don't stop to review but I keep reading on lol great job so far honestly ! I love how Mikan is still Mikan in his story minus the clumsiness and her being so happy go lucky like in the anime but Natsume is dead on amazing in this story ️️ I can see the little things he does for Mikan so it's not like there's no "romance" you just have to see it from a different point of you :) but hopefully you update soon and keep on the FanFuckingTasic job in this story ! I'm cheering for you !
Lady of Muse chapter 14 . 6/17/2014
I’m happy you’re making the romance slow. In five bazillion other stories the love progresses WAY to fast. I’m glad that you are in the fourteenth chapter, and Mikan and Natsume aren’t making out already.
Demigod from Camp Half-Blood chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
I love this story! It's really creative and you incorporate 3 awesome series into one story really well :)
I'm a Guest chapter 14 . 6/14/2014
This chapter really builds up my interest. It's good to know that there are some authors who wrote stories with real-life-paced relationship progress. Just like you said on how the love stuff works, I have the same opinion.

Even with the HG plot you can twist it really well and the storyline isn't what I had expected and it satisfies me. With this heavy plot I'm really sure that this story won't be boring the readers.
Even though I'm pretty sad that Yoichi died that quick, it's showing that unexpected situations can happen anytime and anywhere when 'the odds won't ever be in your favor'

Anyway... Awesome story. Keep updating okay? I'll be waiting.
Alexxis T. Swan chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
Haha you made an account for this? That site used to be a LOT of fun! I just read all my answers and deactivated mine.

Persona isn't really as creepy as I thought he would be. Is Mikan's grandpa/uncle dead? Is Aoi going to be an Anox?
Alicenee chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
I'm so glad you finally updated! I really like your story, it's realistic. :)
For example other people would have had Youichi rescued by some kind of wonder, and many people like that because that would make a happy ending, but there's not always a happy ending in real life.
So please update soon, I can't wait to see how things will turn out :D
honolo chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
Ohh, i see. Thanks for making it clearer to me (:
Acedia-et-Avaritia chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
Hey, it's me. Mario :3 (Sadly, I'm neither a plumber nor do I have a fancy moustache. I hope you'll accept me anyway.)

I was just about to answer to your response of my review, especially since I too saw the comment saying that you should speed up the romance. You beat me to it with that, so I'm just here to commend you for it. This is not your typical "girl meets boy, boy meets girl, they'll have twelve children by sundown" story and you actually have the patience to stick to it. Theirs is a relationship that needs time and the circumstances are not really...favoring any romantic inclinations, I guess? At least I doubt moving to a murderous country away from my family and friends would not make me fawn over the first guy (whose intentions are everything but clear) that does not try to kill me immediately. In my belief, an explanation for that was not strictly necessary, it was pretty obvious from reading your story how far along they have come in their relationship so far and they're still a good way off from being in any way romantic.

Sooo... Props to you. Again. I should stop repeating myself, but it's one of my biggest peeves with fanfiction authors that they are always too impatient to build up a proper relationship. They came, saw and made out. Not you. Another reason why this story is so great.

As for this chapter.. I was surprised by Luna. I did not quite know whether she would appear to be an Effie like charakter or be like in the manga, the vengeful and wronged monster in little girl's disguise. She does not sound like either of the two so far, but I can't really pinpoint her either and that's interesting. Really looking forward to her development.

And yay, Persona was introduced and two champions may succeed. It's obvious who I am rooting for, although that might mean losing the likes of Nobara. Not quite sure how that will turn out, but from all the characters right now I'm actually most interested in Hayate. So far his character appears very one-dimensional and I wonder whether in the course of this story, this will stay this way. Is he really only a killing machine by nature or will he find his bubbly self and maybe a 'Cool Blue Sky'. I love Hayate, so don't you dare kill him off too quickly. I might cry.

Queue childish me for a second: I wanna know who the other tributes are. Pwetty pwease?

As for your answer to my last review, I feel like I need to say one more thing: Yes, I was sad Youichi got killed so quickly. I also feel that killing him instead of a random OC was the best way you could have handled this, he was a known character, a well liked one. It hit right in the feel, something you could have never achieved with a random, original character. Also the fact that you did not have Natsume interfere shows that he actually does not the power to do so. It actually gives him more depth in my opinion, having to accept that he is powerless and had to stand by the little kid was killed.

I really look forward to your next update. Might be that there won't be a review, depending on when it comes out, since I'll have my exams soon and I always horrible with writing them, but I'll be back for sure! And yes, I ate too much ice cream and I'm hyper right now.
StarElsie chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
Thanks for updating :D
Persona gives me the creeps
That Sarcastic Girl chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
Are my eyes deceiving me? Did you actually update within the same year!? :O

LOL. Jokes aside, wow this chapter certainly brought on some new insight. I knew Persona would be their mentor, that was quite obvious :P His strategy seems rather strange...wouldn't he want allies to get more strength? But then again, these are the Career tributes we're talking about. I'm sure Nobara, Hayate and Natsume are super skilled and dangerous. The same can't be said for Mikan, sadly lol.

So the four of them have to be the last few standing? Hmmm...seems interesting. I have a feeling that won't exactly happen though. Who knows. Actually, you know lol.

So two tributes from the same district will be allowed to win provided that the last four tributes standing are from the same district. And the victors will get something they lost...that's a pretty smart move from you, haha. Like now I'm sure Mikan got some determination since judging by the last line of the chapter, she wants to go back home.

Really excited for the next chapter! So two weeks from now will be the 25th, right? Let's see if you can actually manage to update by then :p
Yui's Sweet Dream chapter 14 . 6/11/2014
Nice chapter!

I have a question though. If this is based exactly like THG, is Natsume going to fall for Mikan first? I mean I don't mind him liking her first coz i mean that's just super sweet

Oh well, can't wait to read the next chapter!