Reviews for A Purely Platonic Dinner Date
Lord of the Phoenix chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
Hmm... I would have thought that Daphne would realize the joke and go a long with it, and that Ginny was smarter than that.
Marauder Neyo chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
LoL! That was absolutely hilarious! Great job Malfoy! And the same goes to you .153! :D
Here is the review chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Initially my respons was going to be:

"It's the kind of story I want to print out and keep near the toilet in case I run out of TP."

But that's no quite true. Actual assessment?

Doesn't work as crack fic. Humor is entirely based on a Harry that is weak and submissive in every way to Daphne and Ginny and unable to think/react quickly enough to handle Malfoy. While this can work in a longer story it doesn't work in a oneshot because this makes Harry out of character to the point where the humor is totally undercut. (The same setup between Ron and Hermione would have been funnier because it is closer to canon - though in truth still out of character because in spite of being an intellectual inferior he still holds his own with her in an argument.)

Basically, this is a joke set in Rowling's magical world based on cliche, outdated, and frankly bigoted gender stereotypes (or tropes) that held little real humor to begin with. It was cast with the main character of that world (Harry) for, I hope, simple character recognition reasons. (If you had another reason to enjoy seeing Harry specifically in this situation, you might consider therapy.) The humor itself, however, is not tied to this specific character nor this specific fandom, once again undercutting the potential humor and making me wonder why you didn't simply write it up with generic names, swap out the hexing at the end for something equally embarassing but mundane, and then submit it to a joke site as opposed to a fanfic one.

Once again this is not a cracfic, and doesn't even rise to the level of oneshot (because that usually deals with an actual aspect of the fandom derived in some way from canon). Looking back to the top I have to say I have talked myself into agreeing with my initial assessment (the only way to redeem this story would be to wipe my bum with it after bad mexican food), and the only reason I've given it this much consideration in a review is I had twenty minutes to kill and didn't want to risk stumbling across another work of this... quality.

By all means, keep writing. The only way writers get better is through practice. Every once in a while stop to ask yourself WHY you feel the way you do about things (like why you thought this "fic" was funny) and seriously consider some therapy... it's not just for whiners and psychotics anymore!
bakapervert chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Funny story.
Dr. Feelgood122191 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Oh my...quite the mess Harry has found himself in. Well, he had it coming, I suppose. I'm liking where this is going, and I can't wait to see what Harry will try to say to get out of this situation. Hope it gets updated soon!
Nxt222 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
I enjoyed your story. Hope to see more from you again.
alljuststories chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
LOL, this is awesome. Ignore the flamers. They didn't read the author's note. Or the summary. But I think you should keep it as a oneshot... :D
HP-DG-SB-NR-AG-HA-TD-KB-RR-AJ chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Lmfao! XD this is awesome XD and hilarious. Oh man, I can't wait for the update, I hope its soon, keep up the great work XD.

HP-DG-SB
Justareader21 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This story is all over the place. First he's strong then he's weak and the whole thing makes no sence. Good luck
Captain Cranium chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Hahahahahaha PLEASE tell me there's more to come! I'm laughing so hard atm!
SimFlyer chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This is funny as hell! I wish you would update soon.
Pinellas62 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Not good at all. As soon as Draco called her Mrs. Potter, he should've started laughing and said "You fell for that?" Then explained to Daphne what joke he'd pulled on Draco. If he'd gotten home and Ginny was there and that mad, I think a good "fine, if that's the way you feel, get out" would've been the proper response. He doesn't need to be ducking that kind of temper all of the time anyway. Also, since his life still seems to be nothing but crap...moving out of the country for good the next day seems like the best part of it. The man can't even go out to eat dinner without running into a buttwipe from his school years, he's a regular Auror - nothing special so nobody will miss him, no family...it's time to leave since there's no reason there to stay for. Especially since NEITHER girl gave him a chance to talk before either storming off or putting him into the hospital (depending on the witch). Oh, I take it back. Someone WILL miss him. MediWitch Florence will be lonely without his frequent injuries.

I read the whole thing because I was hoping for SOMETHING good to happen in his life. If I'd known this was just another "Screw Harry" story, I would've skipped the depressing lifestyle it shows.
sanbeegoldiewhitey chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
A henpecked Harry is never funny.
chlorinehamster chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Haha, this was awesome!
PotterThinker chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Interesting but should be continued as you have a good premise to generate a great story. To leave this as a one-shot is criminal at least.