Reviews for Skipping Stones and Simple Kisses
nerdygirl1172 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
that was cute I loved it I love Luna/Neville pairing even though J.K Rowling didn't put them together
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/2/2012
First off, Neville and Luna are very in-character. I've always wondered what Neville would think of people treating him differently, and you presented a wonderful viewpoint of this. I also love this pairing, so when I saw this, I just had to review it. The lyrics of the song are worked in well, and I love the last part, as I too think they would both be quite naive when it comes to relationships; neither one had any relationships up until this point, at least from a strictly-canon point of view. It was short, but it still conveys the point very well. Great job.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
Poor Neville. I somehow feel like he's always played a significant part in the trio's life anyways, and he's always been there. So I can't say he's change THAT much.
R. Robert chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I think that you kept Luna in character. Well done.
a.l chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I didn't know u could write something so happy :p
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Aw, so cute. :)
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Nice! Both characters were as in-character as they could be, and the writing flowed nicely. Good job!
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
This is Neville/Luna done right :D I liked how you just used "just a kiss" at the end of this story, it was just that - a kiss between two beautifully written characters.

Way to start off with a bang - I'm pretty sure you captured Neville perfectly in the first line alone. "He looks down – he's wearing robes, so they can't be staring because he's left his zipper down (because that's happened before)." He's so insecure and uncomfortable with this new attention, but manages to be so adorable at the same time. It was also ingenious the way you brought Neville and Luna together - Neville wondered why everyone was so surprised but Luna seemed to think so all along.

I positively adore your Luna. Launching the "good, thick kind" of rocks in the pond was a definitely something I could picture her doing. Also her dry logic was definitely what got her into Ravenclaw. She's amazing.

Only a few small things (but no spelling/grammar - awesome). When you were describing how Neville and Luna came upon the Black Lake, they come at separate times, but you use the verb "wanders" for both of them. The only other thing I didn't like was the second to last sentence. "Their naïvety in this area makes this simple and pure." It just seems a bit jarring; I think it would be better if you removed "in this area", so it's not so technical.

Overall, this was brilliant (as usual, you're a terrific writer) and you should be seeing the results pretty soon :)
theatre-geek17 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
This, in my mind is the epitome, of cute. Everything about it just made me want to go "Awwww." I've always like the idea of Luna and Neville getting together after the war, not necessarily for good but at least for a little while, and this is the perfect idea, in my opinion, of how they could end up together. Luna has always been the one who could see what others couldn't so it would make sense that she would be the one who always saw Neville as hero, even when no one else saw it.

Brilliant, brilliant work. I loved it.
Imogen Bradford chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Excellent!

First of all, I love this pairing, and I REALLY love seeing what people write for them.

You did a great job of staying true to their characters, without over-doing it or looking like it was alot of work. It was all very believable. This is exactly the type of thing that I can see happening between the two of them.

Overall, the writing was clear, easy to read, and I enjoyed the style. There were just a couple of mistakes.

First, when you wrote "She wanters off collecting rocks,"

it should be "She WANDERS off..."

Second, you said "...where they meet the Forbidden Forest"

which would be "meet IN the Forbidden Forest."

Other than that, I have nothing to say, except thank you for giving me a great fic to read!
InkWeaverabc chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
That was so cute.

Beyond cute.

Beautiful... :)

I loved it. They were both so in character and the writing was lovely! Another plus was I spotted not one single typo.

Brilliant work. :D
FloatingCloudBadger chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
"Neville shrugs. Luna will be Luna." I loved that line, it made me smile :) Anyway, overall this is really lovely and so sweet! Especially how Neville was so puzzled by the whole thing and Luna understands perfectly... That's just so Neville and Luna! :D I do have to say, though, that I wasn't 100% about the ending. It jut seemed a bit quick. Not sure if that's the right word, exactly, but it's the best one I can find. Maybe it's just too dialogue heavy. I don't know. But anyway, this was really, really good apart from that and I enjoyed your characterisation. Good job! :)
toavoidconversation chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
I really only wanna say one word in this review, and it's "awwwwwwww"... but that wouldn't be a great review :D But honestly, it's just really cute, and I think that it really encapsulates Neville's character, because he has already been such a strong character, but no one really noticed it...and Luna has always been a Ravenclaw, she is a lot more perceptive than what people give her credit. Good job.
GoddessOfCreativity chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Awww, that was cute. You portrayed Neville really well.
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
This was adorable! I really liked your characterization of Neville, especially in the beginning. The way he reacts to everyone staring at him – thinking his fly is open and whatnot – just shows how aware he was of the fact that for so many years, he was only noticed when he was the object of ridicule. I love how you displayed that he's still uncomfortable with being stared at, even though it's for good reasons this time around. I don't know if you intended this or not, but I saw a hidden message about bullying in that part. Victims of bullying are scarred for life, and I always imagined Neville as the type to never shake the idea that he's nothing special, regardless of his accomplishments, because of all the taunting he faced during his boyhood.

And Luna...well, she's just Luna. :) You portrayed her beautifully. I love that her opinion of Neville never changed – it mirrors how she behaved around Harry in Order of the Phoenix, so you wrote her very true to her character.

This was lovely! Great work! :)