Reviews for A Hunter's Mind
Lila chapter 1 . 3/1
Oh my god. Wow. I love this sooo much. I love Katniss experiencing character and emotional growth and healing and just all around growing as a person. And learning how to understand herself and her feelings and emotions and actions and learning how to see herself for who she really is: how everyone but she has always been able to see her. And learning how to love herself. I absolutely love this
nandy7781 chapter 1 . 3/14/2018
This has to be what Katniss was thinking and the reason why she treated Peeta the way she did. She already loved him and that shows by her willingness to leave Prim in the first games and then again in the quarter quell. Nice job!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/13/2016
MORE PLEASE
jadeshand1 chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Nice story, close to Katniss' characterization, perhaps if you'd put in a little of her disparaging nature towards herself, you'd nailed it. I liked your analogy about Peeta following along after her screaming how much he loved her. Of course, we know he'd never do that, but at times it must have seemed that way to her.

One thing: the use of "I", "me", and "my". When you are using something like "Peeta and I", you use it in the context of a subject. Ex: Peeta and I are..., Peeta and I have... However, when the phrase follows the verb, the "I" becomes "me" or when it is the object of the preposition. Ex: Come see Peeta and me. or The package is for Peeta and me. When you show possession, it's always "my". Ex: Peeta's and my house or My and Peeta's house. Hope this helps. It's a common error in grammar, but one that will make an editor flinch.

Again, enjoyed your story. You have real talent.
titaniasfics chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
You make excellent observations about Katniss' character. I truly enjoy the analogy of the trap with respect to her feelings for Peeta. He is a trap for her and she sensed it all along. Indeed, her loving Peeta is like going against her nature, which you mention. And finally, you make a point of showing that she takes a long time to acknowledge her love for Peeta because she sees their act as a Capitol creation and she wants no part of it. Thank you for writing this.
theboywiddabread chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
very good i believed whole hartedly that this was katniss's mind
flipwriting chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Awesome!
bookish327 chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Again, you captured Katniss perfectly and why she did everything that she did. You truly understand a character that many don't (including myself, at times). Very well-written and excellent characterization.
theredrobin chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Very lovely. Katniss is convincingly in character with her line of reasoning.
tetanahayna chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
The final line "he was the spark that set me on fire when no one else could" is so powerful, and captivating, as is this entire story. You have truly gotten in to the head of Katniss and made sense of things that couldn't be made sense of by simply reading the book.

You are such a gifted writer, and I can't wait for you to update on your stories.
Browniangel chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Wow that was beautiful, you truly capture Katniss. Because, he was the spark that set me on fire when nothing else could. Awesome, Thank for that wonderful insight of how Katniss truly felt about everything that was going on around her...FANTASTIC
marblesharp chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
'He's been burned, and so have I. But he stays, he's not afraid of fire he says—he's learned to cook with it.'

That was awesome. :D

Good analogy, for the entire thing. It's dead close to Katniss' actual thought process. Great job!
kimchi926 chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing this fic with us.
DarknessSeeps chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Just beautiful :) Your writing is stunning.
no cure for crazy chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I loved it...I think you really captured Katniss.. :)