Reviews for Like A Son
TheReader321 chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Loved the story, it fits in brilliantly to canon, and I can easily imagine this happening
Sabrina Granger-Weasley chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Gaaahhhhh so amazing! A couple spelling/grammar mistakes but overall so well done!
Sabrina
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
aww that was lovely! I am really into Arthur & Molly fics right now. I really enjoyed that & can really see it happening. Excellent stuff! Well done!
F Maurice chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
So sweet. Good writing.
Galore12312 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I thought this was a really good fanfiction. You portrayed both Arthur and Harry very well. It's easy to believe that Arthur would be a bit wary of Ginny growing up and marrying, after all she is his only daughter. I also thought that the title suited the story very well. Overall- well done. I couldn't spot any mistakes either.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
A great story. Very well written.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
This was cute. I could see Arthur taking Harry aside for a heart-to-heart before the wedding. I'm not sure about your characterization of Harry, but he's hard to write. There are a few spelling/grammar things (Weasleys doesn't need an apostrophe, for instance, and neither does "breaths", but they were minor and didn't detract from the story. Melody would be a hard prompt to work in, and it works with how you've used it, but I think it would read a little easier if you put "The soft notes of a song..." before Harry's comment about Ginny wanting the song played at their wedding. Overall, very nice.
Louise Foxhall chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Aw this was really sweet. I think that this scene was really realistic in a way because I think Arthur's reaction was played out really nicely but in a sensitive and clever way so it didn't seem that he was objecting to the wedding. The idea of that song being shared by the two couples was also a nice feature because it tied wonderfully in with the themes of the piece. A nice job :)
TamariChan chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This is a really sweet conversation between dad and fiance. :) I imagine it must be a bit strange but at the same time natural for the Weasleys to have Ginny marry Harry, since Molly viewed Harry as a son. I especially like this part:

'"Harry, that would make Molly and I really happy. You and Ginny sharing our wedding song..."

"You never told me that," Harry replied.'

The only mistake I saw was "Weasley's" instead of Weasleys. Remember, plural not possessive.

Overall, it was a very cute fic.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This was very cute and I think you have Harry and Arthur in character. I think you did a great job working your prompt into the story. I love these little one shots.

Good Job
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
This was really good! I like how you showed the relationship between Arthur and Harry, and I think that the two of them were relatively in-character. This was well-written as well, and I only noticed a couple small mistakes like 'Weasley's' instead of 'Weasleys' and 'breath's' instead of 'breaths'. I like how you had Harry and Ginny dating seven years before they got married - it's a minor thing, but there's just so many mentions of 'seven' in the series, and it also makes sense considering their ages, too. I think some of the dialogue was slightly awkward, but it wasn't that bad, and dialogue can be really tricky to write sometimes. You also fit the prompt in very well. Good job! :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
That was one of the sweetest things I've read in a while. I did enjoy Arthur "quizzing" Harry about his relationship with Ginny to see if he was afraid of getting married.

You never really see much about Ginny and Arthur's relationship in the books so it's kind of cool to see him play the protective father for her. And it does fit his personality well to do such because he was always so loving in the books.

I agree, Harry would let the engagement last for however long Ginny wanted it to last because he wants it to be perfect for her.

And the song part of it was also nice.

Overall, lovely job :)
Pesky Ixy Pesternomi chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I understand this to be a much older Harry since you mentioned that he and Ginny had been together for seven years, but I still found him almost a little too formal. Don't get me wrong, this is a wonderful little one-shot, but Harry to me has always been a bit more sheepish than you portrayed him to be. I do really like the interaction between him and Arthur, but I just felt off reading it, because I've always pictured him to get more flustered during the "You're marrying my little girl" talk. I think that aside from analyzing your characterization a little, you're a wonderful author and you should most definitely keep it up.
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
I really liked this. :) The relationship between Arthur and Harry is such an interesting one, yet it's rarely explored by fanfic writers.

I love how the two of them really did seem like old friends in this piece, yet as a reader, I could still feel the awkwardness between them, if that even makes sense. It is kind of a weird situation for Arthur: he's watched Harry grow from awkward boy to mature man right before his eyes, and despite how much he respects him, said man is still about to marry his baby girl. I think that's what makes this piece so believable. This type of scenario probably happens more often then we're aware of. It's just a father thing, I guess. :p

The bit about the wedding song was a nice touch at the end. You worked the prompt in quite nicely.

My only suggestion for this is that the dialogue could be smoothed out a little bit. Bits of it just felt a little too...structured, if I had to pick a word. I don't know how else to explain it. I think it could seem like more of a natural conversation with a few tweaks here and there. But this is just a personal opinion; there was nothing grammatically wrong or anything.

If you ever wanted to continue this, I think it could make an interesting drabble series. First Arthur wants to talk to Harry, then big brother Bill, then Charlie, and so on. It could get quite comical. XD But I love it either way. Great job!
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Awwwww so fluffy! They were all if character, and the writing flowed nicely. Good job!