Reviews for What We Must
LDK chapter 9 . 10/8/2014
AND, In that monster review I didn't even touch on the breathtaking way you wrote in the emotional side of being a Nation, the massive sacrifices these beings give to their people. Holy fuck.
LDK chapter 10 . 10/8/2014
Wow. First, let me commend your writing style. Beautiful to read, and clear. Now, the plot. Wow. Though the date was not specified, all the little environmental hints (like Ivan's statements in the first paragraph to Al and Ivan's original distrust and the nature of their threats) gave me a pretty clear view of the timeline. However, when it was reviled Trudeau was the PM everything clicked. All the little statements throughout were suddenly clear, despite them not feeling out of place when originally read. Then, when you brought in the bloc and how Canada almost separated... Stunning job. Every detail fit in so perfectly with history, it blew me away. I could go back and re-read this just to pick out all the details you packed in, regardless of the story itself. And the story itself was killer. I LOVED how you wrote Canada, and America, but really Russia takes the cake in this one. Despite the plot being Canada-centric, we really got an in depth character study of Russia, his horrid past and his bleak present time as well. Though short, this story leaves a massive impact and fills in a big gap of history many authors avoid; due to it's complexity and the difficulty to portray Nations in a cold war setting. I can not commend you enough for this, I really can't. Amazing story, thank you SO much for writing this. The way you fit everything together, the way you wrote the characters, the plot itself, everything. Thank you.
FireFox Vixen chapter 10 . 9/6/2014
really good
iamtheredangel chapter 10 . 1/30/2014
I really hope to see you continue this fic. It's wonderfully written and engaging!
Synthetic Cake chapter 10 . 8/12/2013
You have no idea how much I loved this fic. You wrote Russia so well, and I love how realistic you were with Russia's wavering sanity and Canada's state of tramatization(forgive me if that sounds odd, it is now after 6 am and I am no longer thinking correctly). Overprotective!America is kind of a perk in my opinion, too.
kimi-ebi chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
I must thank you for this one, really. I don't understand why there are only twenty reviews. You have such a great talent. I read the whole texte in nearly two hours without doing anything else. I just couldn't stop reading. It's just so sad, so... strong : your words are powerful, it moved me a lot. I'm very glad to find this one.
So thank you so much for sharing this one !
kimi-ebi
SeventhStrife chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
Only 19 reviews?

Seriously? I feel bad, like I should apologize for the entire fanfiction community for living in such ignorance.

This story was amazing. Real, grounded, and breathtaking.

The character portrayal was spot-on and I never get tired of reading stories just about the nations, about what they stand for and what their lives and responsibilities truly mean.

And the way Ivan and Matthew seem to play martyr at the end? YOU ARE SUCH A TALENTED WRITER.

So thank you for this incredible story, I hope you continue to share your talents with us lowly readers who have nothing better to do but stay up late at night, read your stories, and generally feel sorry for ourselves that we must live in a world where the talented are around every corner.

Sincerely, E
Satan-chan chapter 10 . 12/5/2012
Absolutely loved this story! Really well written and enjoyable.
ShatteredHeart-BlueSapphire chapter 10 . 8/16/2012
I'm... pleasantly surprised. This usually isn't what I'm used to reading, but I stumbled upon this story and... well, I'm glad I did. It was really well-written and I very much liked it! Good job! ]
Forbidden Shadow Foxx chapter 10 . 6/16/2012
I wish you would continue this... I loved this story... it was very well written!
Yanelle chapter 10 . 5/1/2012
is that... really the end? gah! such a cliff hanger... but it was a good story nonetheless... :3 I... can imagine what happened to Russia at the end, but for Canada, I'm not sure... I hope they would both be okay...
Mai-Cry chapter 10 . 4/6/2012
That was a well together story, it was good.
Athesia chapter 10 . 3/5/2012
This should not be the end D:
KitsuneMagic48 chapter 10 . 2/14/2012
interested
Geloscopy chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease update! This is really good!