Reviews for A Winter's Tale
James Birdsong chapter 25 . 5/8/2017
Cool fanfic
Phantom Thief Fee chapter 25 . 12/12/2016
I was absolutely enchanted with this story. I love the dialogue, the descriptions, your portrayals of more mythological characters. It's a fantastic story from start to finish. You're an amazing writer. If this was a book I would buy it in a heartbeat.
W. Y. Traveller chapter 25 . 6/30/2015
A perfectly sweet ending. The characters fitted together so well and it was wonderfully paced. I went to bed in the wee hours reading this and finished off the remaining chapters today. It was such an enjoyable read; definitely up there as one of my favourite TCR fanfics. I do tend to prefer Baron as a cat but he was so in character I could never complain for this story.

Thank you for sharing. x
W. Y. Traveller chapter 14 . 6/29/2015
Lol I'm really warming to Jack's character. He's rather entertaining at times. :-)
W. Y. Traveller chapter 4 . 6/29/2015
This is such a good story. I love Haru's reaction to seeing a human Baron ... I can quite easily picture that as a manga panel and anime screenshot. Superbly done. x
Wacoflyer chapter 25 . 11/20/2014
Yaaaaaaaaaaa I just finished it and I love the world write naw it is just so happy (girlish squeal) I love this story !
Guest chapter 25 . 2/18/2014
good story i normally dont like stories that turn baron human but here it seemed to work nice plot, bit strange i mean jack frost and TCR? but then studio ghibli films are strange anyway
Vathos chapter 25 . 11/17/2013
Hey Cat!

As I realize it has been quite some time since you created this story, but I couldn't help but comment on Father Winter's "There is a snowstorm due at Alaska, and it won't get done by itself!".

Despite the steriotypicalness of the quote, I couldn't help but chuckle. I live in Alaska, and yes, while it can be quite challenging in the winter, it is a rarity to recieve a storm. But, since you actually mentioned Alaska, (seeing as probably half of this country doesn't know what it is) made me happy enough to push the steriotype aside.

And I also wanted to say, despite the long time it has been since you finished this story, that I congradulate you on another wonderful piece. I've read nearly all of your works and am fairly impressed by them (I probably shouldn't say that, because I am not a very expirienced writer, but this is one that is a lot better than some of the ones others created, along with the fact that I am not usually so easily impressed) and I cannot wait for future works of yours.

Strangely enough, I am reading this in November, and so I feel a connection with the story since Christmas is right around the corner(In my religion, Christmas is a lot earlier than the usual December 25th) So I, Lady LonelyLove, salute you, and give thanks for the wonderful story.

God Bless to YOU, and Merry (very early) Christmas to you as well.
CIAO
-LL
kaitouahiru chapter 25 . 3/15/2013
The scene where Haru slams the door in Baron's face multiple times: priceless. I had to reread that over just to realize 1) she slammed the door in his face and 2) completely and utterly priceless. If I had to pick a favorite scene out of this, that would be it. But the scene where Haru and Muta are arguing and Haru throws Muta out literally was a very close second! And then I also loved the face painting scene because that was just priceless (and then there was this other scene and that other scene and oh wait, I meant that was the whole fanfiction that I loved... lol)

I like how you display Haru and Hiromi's friendship as a "I'm your best friend so I'm going to insult you," one. In the movie, I thought that Haru didn't really respond to Hiromi's taunts well enough. In your story it is more believable that they're friends. I also like how Hiromi supports Haru when she starts thinking about her father.

I really love your one liners at the end of some of the scenes, such as Baron going, "My initiative?" in chapter 18 or in chapter 12 when he says, "Madness is relative." I've begun to notice the funny one liners at some of the ends of your chapters out of multiple stories and I really like the continuation of it.

One of my favorite themes in this story that you got (and so rarely does anyone get) was that Jack didn't love Elsie at first, he just thought he did because she was pretty. I liked how he gradually fell in love with her and that's why his transformation was slower than Baron's. It drew me into the story all the more because it was realistic and not just some romantic theme to get the story flowing a little faster. I was so glad Jack took the time to fall in love with Elsie. I think that made the story all the better. I especially like how you get your chapters to fit in with the twenty-five days of Christmas. I really think it makes it all the more "Christmas-y."

Great story, and as you guessed, I'll be heading to your page to start another one of your stories! And you'll find a PM about the story you recommended to me in a little bit.
E-man-dy-S chapter 25 . 2/6/2013
Oh man so so so CUTE!
The-Right-Girl chapter 13 . 1/6/2013
Re-reading this yet again, and I am still envious of your writing...
Do you have a lebkuchen recipe? If so, would you mind terribly if I ask you to send me it? Moving from Germany a few months before December made it impossible to get any...
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
i think baron and haru are falling for each other
AccountTakenOff chapter 25 . 2/17/2012
Very well written! Great characterisation (and OCs :D ) and both sweet and enjoyable. Perfectly Christmassy mix!