Reviews for Glowing In The Night
teacupz chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
been bookmarking this fic for long and I'm just glad I get the chance to finish reading it today cause it sure is a really well-written piece. great job on this. :')

to start off, you have such great knowledge of words and I really like the way you throw in some beautiful uncommon words into play, making the already nice descriptions even nicer. the dialogues are pretty IC, too. I can certainly imagine a young Rapunzel and Gothel having such conversation. especially Gothel. you captured her personality just right. :)

a little note on some details, if you don't mind. thank you before and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :D

- when you wrote [her mothers room], I think you forgot to place an apostrophe there since it's sort of a possessive... somewhat. sorry, I don't know how to call it, but I think you can understand what I mean...? :'D -shrug-

- this line: Away from where the bad people would try to hurt her and cut her hair. - in my opinion, the sentence might just be missing 'who'.

- this line: "Oh, please, Mommy… 'm scared!" - I'm actually not sure whether the ['m] is a typo or you're trying to make it sound like Rapunzel's really scared that her words become quite hastily said that some part of them are unclear, so maybe pointing it out just in case...? :'D -shrugs again-

well, all and all, this is just a fantastic story. I, again, adore how you arrange the words and how some personification seem to take place in the beginning. the way you pictured your setting is really nice. really, really great work on that. :)

and it's just adorable to see how Rapunzel seems to really depend on Gothel back then. like what you wrote in the author's notes, the part about getting paint for Rapunzel slightly gives me a conflicted feeling towards Gothel's character, too. it just seems unlikely for someone who doesn't care about her 'child' to go so far for a present. even though she might do it to protect her flower from running away, it just goes beyond simple logic and actually feels more like affection, so I think you did such a great job too on capturing the mystery behind Gothel's real feelings towards Rapunzel. it still seems mysterious in several ways, but at least it's slightly clearer now. :)

also the ending dialogue is just so Gothel. I like the way you close it and the whole fic in general. it's a great character exploration and the words you used just made such nice impression. it simply draws me to read until the end. heh. last words, thanks for the fic and good luck on your future works. I sure enjoyed this one. ;)
Writey Starkid chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
PercyJfan100 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Cute. I love to imagine Rapunzel as a little girl. She's so sweet and gentle as a teenager, just imagine how sweet and caring she'd be as a toddler. (very, very, very much, is the answer.) Oh, and i have 1 question. if u have time 2 publish new storues, y won't u update ur others? And by that i mean the 'Masters 2 be' fanfic. I like it alot, but it hasn't been update since 2009! I'd really appreciate it if u'd add anoher chapter. I really would. I'm really in2 KFP, & i'm a big fan of the Furrious Five, so i really liked it. Plz add more 2 it, maybe even finish the story, but quit ignoring it! PLEASE! Y'd u stop anyway? Lack of interest? Well, I'M interested in it, and would luv it if u'd continue! O, and great Tangled story, u could really see what she was eeing, and invision her thoguhts bout her dream/nightmare. Plz write more (especially in 'Master 2 Be'). Supremely amazing.
Searching For Wonderland chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Hi, I have to say I love this story! From the first word, to the last it was a great story. Also, your right Gothel definatly did show a Motherly moment or two. I really enjoyed this, I loved the story. Thanks for the great story TWO THUMBS UP!
UsedKittens chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Ahh this is so cute! And I agree, the way Gothel smiled at Rapunzel sometimes; made it so hard for me to believe she didn't care about her.

Anyway the only problem with you story is there's a part where it says: Still, the toddler, still shaken.

it just doesn't sound right. I think it would sound better if it read. Still needing reassurance to help her frazzled nerves Rapunzel crept quietly into her mothers room.

Now I am not a grammer Nazi! Thats the only part that made me go huh when I was reading.