Reviews for WBY Push
Penitent Rebel chapter 1 . 11/4/2013
Every now and again, I read something so perfect, I find myself jealously wishing I'd thought of it first. Your line about Jamie loving his father like a crushing pain is like that. It's such a beautiful, poignant description of the relationship between parents and children that it took my breath away. You are able to do so much with so few words in that one sentence.

I really like Jamie, in this and all the stories. He feels very natural, like this is what Dean's son really would be like; and so real, like he's someone I might be friends with. You have a real strength for characterization. Your characters are consistent, flawed, like actual people are. And they are also, universally, likable and relatable. Each story leaves me feeling like I know them a little bit better and also wanting to get to know them a little bit better still. This one is no exception. I love how well you're able to show Jamie's complexity of feelings without it being overwrought. He's eat up with jealousy and lashing out, and Dean's being selfish and understandably so, and isn't that just how people are. You've captured it all so well.
SerenityHope chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I love this story, all your stories in fact, but Jamie's inner musings in this are brilliant and achingly believable. "He loved his father like a crushing pain sometimes." Gah! Where do you come up with something like that!? Never have I understood or comprehended an emotion more. I know firsthand the kind of love Jamie refers to, but I have NEVER seen it described so acurately in words. Bravo!
My only complaint about this story is that Dean never apologizes to Jamie for slapping him. Obvioulsly no one is perfect and that moment of reaction could happen to even the most passive of parents but you write Dean so true to character, and have developed him into such a wonderful father, I just don't see him leaving that to fester, like it was okay or that he wasn't remorseful. I would love to see him touch base with Jamie about it, maybe on thier way home or something. I don't think he was wrong to reprimand Jamie, so he shouldn't apologize for that; but for reacting to him in anger and slapping him across the face? Yeah, I think Jamie deserves some remorse from his dad for that, and I just can't see Dean denying him that.
Just a thought. Again, love all your stories, keep it up :)
-SerenityHope
wandamarie chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
wow i love all of your stories that i have read so far thanks
memphis-heat123 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Once again you wrote an amazing story. I love Dean and Jamie's interaction in this one.

I felt a little sorry for Jamie. First having to freeze his butt off, then having it roasted. and I understand his resismeant towards Lisa, she hurt his Dad.

But you also made Dean's point of veiw very understandable. Regaurdless of past hurts, he still cares very much about Lisa. and he expects his son to show respect.

this story was wonderfully written and I am really looking forward to another story from you, to see what kind of trouble Jamie lands himself into.
bonanzabooks chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I really like Jamie's thoghts about his relationship with his dad and his "epiphany." Very warm and fuzzy.
Sierra Rose 22 chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
You are such a talented writer! Your stories flow and are done so that the reader can visualize each scene. I am sort of figuring out who is who (thanks for your PM on that)and can't wait to see the show now that your stories have gotten me interested! I loved the line from Dean, "Take this as a threat or a promise." Definitely would have had my attention if I was his kid! Well done!
little miss mysterious chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
AWESOME FATHER SON BONDING! and i didn't know Jamie was a nickname for James... Cool!
kadi4772 chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Your stories just keep getting better and better! The ending to this one was amazing, Jamie's internal dialog was incredibly sweet and so heart felt!

How about a story when Jamie was young, like 5 or 6 or one with Dean kissing him, much to his embarrassment.

I look forward to reading your stories and am exited to see a new one pop up!

Kudos