Reviews for Duty
LoneAngel666 chapter 16 . 6/28/2014
OH MAN! Like this is PERFECT! I always wanted to see how the team got together or how they met Murdock! :D This was awesome ! :D So good i couldn't stop reading it! :D Everyone was perfect even the OC's were awesome! :D
Book girl fan chapter 15 . 2/21/2014
Yeah it was a crazy plan, but when has that ever stopped Murdock?
Book girl fan chapter 12 . 2/21/2014
Murdock stole Hannibal's cigar? That was a brave move, definitely.
Book girl fan chapter 11 . 2/21/2014
They are in a whole lot of trouble right now.
Book girl fan chapter 2 . 2/21/2014
What does being short mean?
GigiK chapter 16 . 2/9/2013
I really enjoyed this story plus it answered some questions from a different one.
won't be the Victim chapter 16 . 2/3/2013
Awesome story!
SilasBrandybuck chapter 16 . 1/12/2013
I'm now adding this to my personal head-canon for the team. :D This origin story fits them all so well: the way Hannibal considers each of them as he assembles his team, watching them all get a feel for each other and start to form those friendships. I especially appreciate the effort you've put into the detail in this story - I don't know much about the Vietnam era, but your familiarity and use of the terminology and details ring true, which makes this story stick in my memory even more. The only place I got a little stuck at was during Murdock's last-ditch attempt to land the 'copter, but luckily my dad was close at hand with his years of experience as a helicopter mechanic, and he gave me a quick rundown of the controls and what on earth an autorotation was. ;) I read him the section where Murdock was trying to decide which method of landing would involve the least amount of being blown to smithereens, and his first thought was for Murdock to head toward the river you'd mentioned, lock the controls, and bail out into the water, but he and I were both impressed with the solution Murdock came up with - he's got the piloting skill and nerve to attempt something like that and pull it off. AND stagger clear through the base to report back in (mostly) one piece.

I'm in the middle of absorbing the impact of "Honor" right now - that's some potent stuff there - and I'll review that fic as well when I get a chance. Amazing writing - thanks so much for sharing it with us all here!
ebonypol chapter 16 . 12/6/2012
Love it! :)
SaraiEsq chapter 16 . 11/7/2012
Excellent. You've set the bar high.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 16 . 10/19/2012
'It was Murdock's quiet laughter that interrupted Face's thoughts. He shot a glare back at the man, but as his gaze settled on the lean face split with a goofy grin and eye glistening with mirth, Face couldn't help but smile.

"You see the l-look on the colonel's face when I pused him outta the chopper?" Murdock gasped through his laughter.

Face nodded. "How could I not? Hell, I thought he was gonna try and shoot your bird down himself right then."

Oz eyed the pair warily before slowly slinking off—which only made Murdock laugh all the harder.

BA stirred, eyes fluttering open briefly as he glared at the two men on the cot next to him. "Shut up fools, I'm tryin' to sleep…"

Murdock continued to giggle, staring up at the ceiling, and even though, as the mortars continued to rain down on the camp, it was completely nuts to be laughing, Face did."

I LOVE YOU. MARRY ME. BE WITH ME FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Seriously, I'm smiling so hard right now. You are one hell of a writer - should do this professionally.

GOD.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 9 . 10/19/2012
"Sitting up, he grimaced at the tenderness in his chest, but, after a quick assessment, he found he only suffered from a few bruised ribs. With some strain, he was finally able to take in a slow, warm breath—which was tainted with the stench of rotting flesh.

His gaze gradually wandered to a patch of ground upwind of him; there he spotted a pile of pale, bloated corpses. He counted three lifeless forms, two dressed in fatigues and one in a flight suit; this had to be the Huey's crew, but where was the fourth?

With his senses returning, Murdock flinched as bullets tore into the soft ground beside him, sending sprays of loose soil flying as they landed.

Every shot, every voice suddenly seemed magnified. Colors snapped into vivid sharpness, contrasting and vying for his eye. Movements—people running, leaves flickering— were too fast as the wash of action took his attention.

Shit, shit, shit…"

You-were you a Viet Nam battle pilot? Were you ever in the brush? Are you an ex-CIA agent? Because... this... the paragraphing, the way you snap from the description of what's happening to how it feels, the smells-tastes-sounds-colors... the maggots, GOD, the napalm and the bloodstained piece of paper... the plot, the description, the characters - the "matinee" - oh my... I can't... You... WOW.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
"Murdock's job, one which he was not to disclose to any of his new teammates, was to confirm Stinson's location and condition; if possible, he was to attempt a rescue as well. Sources said the man was killed in the crash, but confirmation was needed. Whatever Stinson knew, the CIA didn't want leaked."

"Still, the whole story about Intel wanting the chopper back intact was just a cover—a lousy one at that."

This is intricately, fabulously plotted. WOWEE. Thank you forEVER.
Aileil chapter 16 . 10/6/2012
Very good story. You should write about their second mission someday...
pixiepatti chapter 16 . 4/10/2012