Reviews for Orange Kittens and Brotherhood
aaliona chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
It leaves me with questions of my own. I'm not sure I understand what Dennis is giving up. Is it something from the books?
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Really sweet. You have some nice characterization going on and it really made the story all the more enjoyable. My only complain is that the story was much too short. But I say that because I enjoyed it. Lovely!

Cheers!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Hrm, I wonder what it was that Dennis had given up. This piece was fluffy, and now I really wanna hold a cat ;p Quite interesting, I think :)
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Haha - such a short and sweet story. It had great details and Colin's voice and attitude showed through. Really good job!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
This is incredibly cute. I wasn't expecting this when I first clicked but nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

Ginny, Luna, and Colin are all in character. And I enjoyed how Ginny growled at Colin for calling her "Gin".

The only thing wrong that I saw was when you were talking about the dorms, you said boys instead of girls.

favorite lines: "Without explaining – and Colin strongly suspects she never will – she waves goodbye" and "Most especially physically abusive cheeky redheads."

Overall, nice :)
Asking Me Where My Love Grows chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Colin and Ginny is by the far the best and cutest pairing in the entire universe. I'm glad they were just friends in this little one-shot because it would have distracted too much from the brotherlyness of this whole wonderful, adorable fic. I really like how your Ginny was snarky and sarcastic but still friendly with Colin. I love Ginny with a passion and I don't really understand why so many people don't like her. I also love how Colin loved that little kitty cat but wouldn't take him because he loves his brother ( Even though I would have totally taken the kitten and forced Dennis to sleep in a closet because cats are adorable. I don't have a brother or sister though so I wouldn't know. )

I am very, very confused about what Luna said at the end and I probably shouldn't be. I'm not very good at putting things together, lol. I also wonder if the girl was an actual character in the books or was just an unimportant but needed character for this to work? Does the girl have something to do with what Luna said? WILL MY QUESTIONS EVER BE ANSWERED? Probably not.

Great job, though. I really, really liked this.(:
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Firstly, this was a very clever challenge that you entered :) Your prompt was a bit odd (I suspect all of them are) but you made it work into a cute little moment.

I never thought of a Ginny/Colin friendship, but it seems natural, given that they're in the same year. Their relationship (Ginny hates her nickname, Colin dislikes the fact that she's taller) works perfectly, and their banter was funny.

Colin was characterized perfectly, especially when it came time to choose a kitten. "No one seems to care to listen to him today." The way that he kept putting off what he was trying to say (and saying that Dennis is allergic isn't really going to offend someone) until it kinda burst out of him worked well.

The addition of Luna into this story was key, especially the little tidbit of information she gives him. "He does the same for you. Gives up something he loves." Colin has no idea what she's talking about, and neither do the readers. Classic Luna, although the last sentence describes her in the best way. She sort of stole the show at the end, but it was wonderful :)
Yellowtail555 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
You show Ginny very well as well as Luna, especially with her last line. (Now I'm curious!) And Colin is accurate it explores a friendship with Ginny and Colin that's not in the books but I (at least) always felt should exsist ;)

You added in nice details about the characters which made them feel so real.

Good job! I didn't see any major typos and it was very well written.