Reviews for When It's Spring Again
termhn chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Holy crap you've totally converted me to this ship. So great.

Gray
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Wow, I let this one go far too long without reviewing it (particularly since I read it the morning after it was posted)!

I'm really rather impressed by this, to take the bitter and depressing Heaven's Feel Normal End into something that's even hopeful at the end. The opening scenes are very Rin-I can easily see her losing her temper at pointless delusional depression, particularly when the one feeling it is, as she points out, the one for whom Shirou made his sacrifice for (It's one of those things...Sakura loved him, and he died, and so she's sorry, yet the whole reason why he *did* die was so she could live on, and so by refusing to do so she's spitting on that sacrifice, making it worthless because living like that is no better than *being* dead.), and more so because Sakura never coming out of that shell means that Rin would be losing the *two* people she cared for.

And really, when you get right down to it, if anyone is going to come out of depressed episodes like that, it would be Sakura. Anyone who can endure eleven years of Zouken and Shinji and Crest Worms and all that is someone who *ought* to be able to feel grief, accept it, and move on. I can see her, perhaps, never falling in love again due to the strength of her feelings for Shirou (and what they meant to her in terms of how she used them to cope with the hell she was living in), but she's perhaps the Nasuverse character I'd think least likely to crack under the strain of grief and loss (well, excepting the sociopathic monsters, but it's not like I can imagine Gil, Kotomine, or Tokiomi feeling grief in the first place).

I enjoyed the steady progression of imagery throughout, the use of the seasons as symbols, the color pink, and the use of "Okay" in dialogue as motifs, and with steadily shifting meanings as Sakura changed and developed.

Honestly, the only thing that I didn't completely love about this story were, as Moczo pointed out in his review, the various hints of something more than sisterly affection between the two of them: "and her breasts were warm and firm against Sakura's, so their heartbeats often matched paces" and "When she had started to live, really live, for curly black hair, gleaming eyes of teal, and a wicked smirk with a hint of warmth behind it" are particularly strong lines in that regard. Of course, I might not have noticed that in a story from someone other than the author of "Into the Rain," but I think it's very likely that I would. Not that there's anything wrong with that _- but I doubt it's what you were trying to imply and so it kind of sticks out in the flow of the story.

Overall, though, great work; I like how you have Sakura confront her feelings and develop them in this and others of your stories, developing the character behind the object.
Fimbu1vetr chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Sooo much fluffffffffff D
Bloodhawk 248 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
From a purely technical standpoint, your writing is flawless and conveys everything you want it to. When we expand that to include the plot and its execution, as well as the emotional spectrum you seem to enjoy immersing us in, it's much better than that.

I think you're right; Sakura is OOC, but you managed to create a reasonable way out for her, using Rin as a life-line. In that scenario, at least, what they've lost is sufficient enough to galvanize them in attempting to at least make up for it, in part.

A heartwarming piece, really, and even without Mr. Bone-of-his-sword there's still some humor. Well, one part really.

"I saw Rider making out with Ayako behind the archery dojo the other day."

I did notice the incest-undertones, but in this case it's just a warm body to cuddle and there weren't any real sexual implications, so it didn't jar me from the flow much.

(I think Rin's right. Sakura would be a good teacher.)

Well-written, heartwarming, and cute. It's a great piece, but I've come to expect nothing less from you. Well done.
StormBrisingr chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This absolutely warmed my heart. :') I loved how you built up the mood, how Sakura felt, and then how Rin slowly helped heal her. I also loved the small bits of humor - Rider making out with Ayako and Rider being chased by a puppy. It helped contrast the mood and build how Sakura's becoming more happy.
e-reader chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
It's so cute! RinSakura really need more love. Please update into the rain soon please, the waiting is killing me.
Moczo chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
1) I... am not sure if I should be happy or sad. This just flips back and forth between cute and soul-stomping so much, and damn if it doesn't work. I especially love the imagery of the pink flowers, and how they slowly went from sobering to hopeful. Also, way to go Rider.

2) This is... you... even when you're not trying, you put in IncestYay, don't you? XD The problem is that in this particular story, I worry it might have been a distraction. Maybe it's just because I know you too well, but when you went into sections like Sakura starting to 'crave' cuddling with Rin and her 'warm and firm breasts', I just rolled my eyes and went "Yup, it's Beams," and was consequently sucked out of the story. It's a minor thing, and I seem to be the only one who noticed, though, so take this with a grain of salt. ;;;;;;

3) You're not going to like this, but I caught an error. At the end of the 'Rin in London' section, there's the line: "It was raining in London. In spite of that, Rin felt as though she was being bathed in its warm rays of light.". I am assuming you meant to mention the sun at some point in that line and it slipped?

Overall, a very nice piece, as usual. D (And if you must get your Rin/Sakura fix, write more 'Rain'! :p)