Reviews for What You Don't Surrender
toolazytologin chapter 26 . 2/12
Fucking amazing fic. One of the best of this pairing for sure. AND it's complete. I almost never read fanfiction this long because I loose interest, but damn I just spend the last three days reading this whenever I had time. The writing is smooth, the characters are in character while still being your own, it has an actual well thought out plot!
Be proud of this, seriously. It's gorgeous.
XxNEGATIVE0xX chapter 26 . 1/27
that was like the cutest shit ever, absolutely amazing, it's stories like these that make me think wow, i'm do fucking grateful for anime and all the fans out there who write and read the fanfics
volupsa chapter 26 . 1/26
just find your fic... you ruined my night! so good couldnt stop!
xkitkatkittenx chapter 26 . 1/19
omg kill me now this was beautiful and I just spent like two and a half days reading this almost non-stop. Just amazing. Beautiful writing and plots and characterization is exquisite. Just...just amazing. I'm at a loss now of what I should do with my life... *scrolls through for more of your fanfiction*
Zevv chapter 26 . 1/8

Rape is a hard topic for me for many reasons, but I wanted to say thank you for making such a wonderful and gripping story, you did amazing and I can't praise it enough, their relationship was what I would call simply beautiful and you put such character into your story and every aspect of it was just really -real- you did great and the story you made really makes someone like me - who had issues with rape and torture - really feel something while reading, I had to stop a few times to get my bearings and calm myself, but your story, while something incredibly hard to deal with personally, is still going on my favorites, because you did rape survivors a justice by portraying the emotions of Shizuo and even everyone else regarding the rape, you should really be proud of yourself and ignore the people who give you heck for this, because you actually made me feel like there actually his hope to move on and feel better, and to eventually accept yourself, and that someone else can even accept you too, so thank you very much
Kittykatmax101 chapter 2 . 12/23/2014
Nice story :)
Novoux chapter 26 . 12/3/2014
I adore this so much. Your writing, your characterizations, and everything about it. It's beautifully heartbreaking and that's what drew me in for the first chapter, and then I couldn't stop reading until I finished, and then read again because I love this far too much. The plot behind this, all connecting to Shizuo and the secrets that either make or break the relationship between them is beautiful and twisted and the ending was a perfect way to finish on a happier note with as dark as this story was. Thank you for writing this.
Humanbeing chapter 17 . 11/26/2014
Is a shizaya? Fuck you... You make me waste my fucking time reading this stupid shit to see fucking Izaya bottom AGAIN? Fuck you author bitch. Might as well delete the 'Izuo' asshole!
Zamoe chapter 26 . 11/24/2014
I've started this story...two weeks ago, I think? And wow, I am speechless. I couldn't stop reading. I just was really absorbed with the fluent flow of your writing style and I'm still an emotional wrack kinda. All the feels I've build up for this pairing are gonna make me want to cry right now. Somehow I can't explain what I felt through this journey. Just too much.
The story idea was amazing and fascinating and through the chapters I was really curious how this will be gonna work out. But you managed it pretty nicely to keep them OC and that is not easy between these two.
I also liked the way you wrote in different perspectives and the inner monologues, so that we could understand the feelings of the characters and wow, the progression of these two to fall in love was absolutely well done. Sometimes in the flashbacks I was even so intense into the story that I didn't realized the story flow was back in the present and that's something mostly none fanfiction has ever managed to do to me.
Anyway, this story is now stuck in my head for a while and will be an inspiration for my own kind of writing. Thanks for sharing this masterpiece with us and hopefully you will keep up your good work!
Still dying chapter 26 . 11/9/2014
wow ok
best fanfic 2014

That was amazing, it left me speechless. I can't express how pleased I am with the entire piece! It is skillfully written with an engaging, fascinating plot, and I am in awe at the professional usage of literary elements and whatnot. This piece, unlike most literature I have read, has evoked powerful catharsis with each chapter, and not once did I get tired of it. It is beautifully written, endlessly intriguing, and exceptionally captivating.
hands down 11/10!
dying of feels chapter 18 . 11/8/2014
this fanfic hurts me
HateMe-BreakMe chapter 26 . 9/27/2014
Wow...im speechless. I mean I don't even know how to describe how beautifully written this was. The fact that you took so much time even on the littlest amount of details was so wonderful. Haha my favorite part was the way izaya imagined shizuo at the hair salon haha that was so cute!
This is just so..I mean wow. Their personalities and love hate relationship was just perfect. I adore this so much!
Ahhh im so giddy right now!
StandUpEvenIfYouStandAlone chapter 26 . 8/20/2014
This was amazing and beautiful and one of the best stories I have ever read. The way you just gradually made the characters change and fall in love was beautifully done.
cellaria chapter 26 . 8/19/2014
Loved this! One of the best shizaya fics I've ever read! :D
WolfGoddess chapter 26 . 8/12/2014
Ehe! How cute and adorable! They finally return to each other!