Reviews for You said you could save them
Ebony10 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
I LOVED that.

"I'm not going to lie to you, Jane," she said dryly. "You're not the best man I've ever known. In fact, you're not even in the top 100."

That was great. So honest and Lisbon. And accurate. Man, you have their personalities down pat. I love it. :D
Lothlorien Aeterna chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Loved it!
Feralious chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
This is a nice piece of work, keeping both of them quite in character, despite the fact that they've never had a moment like this in the show. I loved the bit about Jane pacing and how Lisbon eventually invited her in. I despise the Jane/Lisbon pairing and I'm so-so on their friendship, but you made it work here. I can see Lisbon being generally concerned about Jane, making the comments she did, and Jane feeling appreciative of them. I can even imagine (for storytelling purposes) Jane opening up to her, telling her the things that he did and that he feels sorry for (meaning I don't think it would've happened in canon, but it's not completely unrealistic too, seeing as you kept them IC and perhaps one day it will actually happen).

The one thing that I did have a slight issue with though is the amount of surprises from Lisbon and Jane blurting out things. ;) Never before has Lisbon gotten the best of him, been able to guard her own thoughts from him, and in this fic she reads him like a book and he's suddenly sharing some really deep emotional conflicts with her, without even knowing why himself. I get that it's necessary for the story to take place, but it was the one thing that made me question their characters, it surely feels off. At least at this point in the show. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Overall, it's a nice fic, and I love continuation from canon. :)
sparkky chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
This was just lovely - beautiful characterisation. I love protective Lisbon. Also tea, by the way - I went and made myself a cup after reading Star Mile, and I think I'll have to go make another now!
Lothiriel84 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
I like it! You know, I think we should call Mr. Bruno Heller and tell him to add this scene to the original episode!

It's always very touching when Jane and Lisbon help each other, and even reveal that they really care for one another - especially since it's difficult to tell what kind of relationship they actually have. Their friendship is quite strange... in a way you could see it as perfectly balanced between a kind of "brother-and-sister" relationship and... well, something else. The fact that the show keeps us suspended all the time is both fascinating and painful. And I think you created exactly the same atmosphere.

I loved especially this part:

"Even though he couldn't see it, he knew she was smiling at him. He could picture her expression, protective, concerned, indulgent."
Brown Eyes Parker chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I dunno. This kind of makes me think of that scene in 3x19. :-p

I can't help but read between the lines. But this was a very good friendship story. I did both, read it like a friendship story but let my illogical mind think it could be something more.

Really sweet and tender.
Mentalgal chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Naaaaw... Such Jisbony sweetness!
justcrazy chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Lovely & poignant. Like how she was able to show him that she does see his flaws, that she does know how very far from perfect he is - all while radiating acceptance and faith. No wonder he feels better. Lucky man!
Donnamour1969 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Very nice, melencholy little piece. Great dialogue too. Someone who has done the questionable things that Jane has must be terribly unsure of himself when he does something right. Thanks for the insight into his character. Well done.
CyaSunn chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Lovely tag/prompt! I especially loved the last few lines - I am a sucker for people knowing each other good enough to know their reactions without seeing them, and Lisbon and Jane definitely seem to be just the people to be able to do that! They are just so horribly cute. :) Anyway, I loved it!
Kaoh chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Beautifully written - wonderfully realistic. I love the tells tat he reads - so subtle now. I always love reading your dialogue! A lovely tag!