Reviews for an enemy bigger than my apathy
L4D2 fan chapter 5 . 12/6/2018
Aww so cute! This is a majestic story. I hope you make more!
Nucleophile chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Hmmm... very Hemingway-esque. I was moved by your ability to use seemingly broad and nonspecific phrases to convey a myriad of messages. There are very few philosophical entrees in the world of l4d fanfiction, and even fewer the posess depth of this caliber.

Alas, not everything was perfect. Stlylistically, I noted that you have a tendency to occasionally employ long sentences that could arguably be deemed as run-ons. Granted, this might have been an attempt to fit with your poetic prose, but in many cases, the excessive "ands" break up your otherwise fluid voice.

Don't misread me, however. I enjoyed this story. Hell, I've only read one chapter and I'm already hooked. So far, this story is of exceptional caliber (and unusually underrated, if I do say so myself). I look forward to reading the other chapters in my spare time.

Many thanks,

Fantasmala
kaimuki wahine chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
Tears! Tears everywhere! ;_;

Always such a beautiful read! A wonderful ending. :']
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
L
KayMoon24 chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Seriously, this whole four part one-shot was just wonderful. I have a secret to tell you: you've really helped me here. I know that this is just "stupid fanfiction" to most of the world, and LFD2 is just a video game- but the present mind that Ellis was in in this story really matches mine- and this probably sounds so dumb, but reading this story- watching the awesome, deeper, wonderful connection and characterization that you've brought into these characters is just marvelous. I really love the direct motions and geusters you highlight about their bodies- like Ellis's different smiles, and the way Nick holds his cigarette, or shifts his legs. And I just. It's perfect. So perfect. You've done a fantastic job of bring philosophy and humanity into the "complainer" and the "comic relief". So thank you. Reading this, it really helped, as silly as the sounds. A friend of mine passed yesterday, and I don't know, but this story really, really helped. So...thank you. I'll review the next parts soon.

- Kay
Muffy the Dough Slayer chapter 4 . 4/12/2012
This is adorable :D
MaroonNightfury31 chapter 4 . 3/23/2012
Baww, the whole "older brother" was so sweet 3
kaimuki wahine chapter 4 . 1/16/2012
All I have to say is "Awwwww~". I always picture the two just sitting around sharing stories and honestly talking about themselves.

I loved the ending too. I really see Nick and Ellis more as brothers than anything. Overall I love this story and look forward to your updates to "Separation Anxiety." :D
Okami-kohai chapter 3 . 1/11/2012
I really liked this chapter. I'm hoping there will be more chapters to come. 8D You should add some action in here though, but other than that, I really love this story.
Switchblaze chapter 3 . 12/12/2011
This...Is pretty good :). I like the way your concentrating on the character's speech and little actions, rather than throwing them in one hell fo a battle and expect us to think we're learning about their personalities like that. Lol, ur doing alot better than I am right now. Anyway, keep going, I wanna read your next chapter
ChlorophormCottonball chapter 3 . 12/12/2011
;;; A;;;

And this morning when I was doing my morning routine of checking all the tabs, maaan you should have seen the way my face lit up c:

;;

I still really love this so far and awuuuu Nick, you're not that big of a buttmunchingdoucheface afterall~!

I can't wait to see your next update~!
LooksJustLikeTheSun chapter 2 . 12/8/2011
I do love how you've portrayed Nick and Ellis. You've given them humanity. Nick isn't ENTIRELY cold. Ellis is showing weakness, which is not exactly his forte; he usually laughs everything off. Its very interesting to read.
ChlorophormCottonball chapter 2 . 12/5/2011
OhmygodEllisyoupoorbabbu.

I really like seeing Dark!Ellis. I mean, he's a cute dorky hick with no sense of what's stupid and what's not, but I really like when it's like. He puts on a show for the others, you know?

Or whenever he talks about Keith, it just takes him back to where there was nothing to worry about.

/Derp

But in any case~ you do this so well, I really do like this a lot. ; 3 ;

Update soon~!
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
O_O I love it already

I can't wait for the next chapter (:
MinuteCloser2Failing chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Wow. Just. Wow. Not many explore the darker side of L4D all that well. Especially with a character such as Ellis.

But. Damn. I want to see the next part of this super long one shot please!