Reviews for Embers
I started reading this story for the first time a year or two ago. At the time i think you had written up to Garrus helping Fedorian on Palaven. I remember bookmarking this story and thinking about how much i loved the natural and slow build of Garrus and Shepard's romance. Recently, i started rereading through fanfics i had bookmarked and i was surprised to see you were still writing this. i wrote all this to say thank you for for writing and continuing to write one of the best slow burn Shakarian romances i've read it the dialogue and way you write the events is so natural and compelling, i find that i have a hard time putting it down. particularly, the beginning chapters where Garrus and Shepard slowly shift from friends to more is like one of my favorite things. probably ever. i feel like that's how Bioware should've handled it rather than a out of the blue proposition.

all this to say, THANK YOU!

-intergalacticclouds
TheArrow chapter 58 . 9/15
Oh my.

Oh my.

I spent the entire day reading this fanfiction from start to finish and I think it's honestly one of my favourite pieces of fanfiction...well...ever. I love it. Holy shit. I really hope you keep writing it.

I always knew I loved Garrus and Shepard's interactions in canon (hence why I'm looking for fanfic that gives lots of spotlight to this pairing, I want more!) but this fanfiction... just extraordinarily characterizes the two of them as equals and as partners in a way most fanfiction don't manage to pull off with such grace. The writing style is very good too, but it's your characterization and your pacing and the small tweaks to canon that you make that really have turned this fanfiction into something else...Something really special.

The reunion of Shepard and Garrus on Menae, as you wrote it, had my heart soaring. Other small details, like Garrus dropping down with Shepard on Rannoch to face down that reaper, and the way you wrote the scene where Garrus lets slip that he loves Shepard, just blow me away. I'm so grateful to you for this fanfiction. I really, really love it. I needed to read something like this. It's angsty at time, of course, but at no point am I shaking my head or thinking that the characters are behaving like imbeciles. It's wonderfully thoughtful.

Thank you. Just thank you. I hope you keep updating, but just in case you don't, I still wanted you to know how much I needed to read this fanfic. It really soothed something in me, and I'm very grateful to you for it.
servantofclio chapter 58 . 9/5
Wonderful chapter! It's good to see you back. :) I love the switching perspectives and how you've dug into the strangeness of the clone experience on all sides.
Nanotheninja chapter 57 . 5/29
dont ever stop or itll break my heart 3
SinistrousDelirious chapter 36 . 3/1
-screams-
THE REUNION I NEEDED IN THAT SCENE
RIGHT THERE
SinistrousDelirious chapter 32 . 3/1
i'm just UGH THIS FIC IS SO GOOD? I've been wolfing these chapters down, but I wanted to fave and follow now and then I thought "well fuck they might think I'm one of those readers that only follows and doesn't review" so I give you this tiny review now and a bigger one on chap 57 when I get there but I couldn't WAIT URGH THIS FIC. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO WRITE THIS WELL
Kallie6891 chapter 57 . 1/25
OH Man! So glad this one is back in action! I can't wait to read more...More I say! Great Chapter. I loved the interaction with Joker, You really nailed the guilt/worry he was dealing with.
servantofclio chapter 57 . 1/18
You know, I really wish we had the opportunity for Shepard to be even a little bit skeptical of Maya Brooks. But no, this mission and Lair of the Shadow Broker (where she buys everything Tela Vasir says) make Shepard seem remarkably gullible.

Lovely as always, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the clone situation plays out!
Herana chapter 57 . 1/18
So good! Thanks for a new chapter!
Fanwriter91 chapter 56 . 10/21/2015
Loved the dynamic between our two lovebirds!
servantofclio chapter 56 . 10/19/2015
Oohh, I'll be interested to see Shepard and the clone come face to face! I like seeing a glimpse of CloneShep's actions and thought processes. Shadowing Shepard during the coup, hmmm... was she going to try to replace her then? It might not have been noticed amid the rest of the confusion.

Your Garrus and Shepard are lovely together, as always, and I'm delighted that they've finally admitted to loving each other. Not that it wasn't obvious all along, but I think the words matter, too. :)
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 51 . 9/25/2015
This is great! And the end of the chapter is so sweet!
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 48 . 9/25/2015
Die Kaidan! Please Die!

I'm sorry I hate the bastard...
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 41 . 9/24/2015
Ow! Mordin! T_T
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 26 . 9/19/2015
Hi! I'm back!

And yes, I started again from the beginning, because my memory is awful!

Anyway I love you story enough to read it again!