Reviews for What the Sergeant Saw: The St Oswald's Murders
Goodwin Dapper 1968 chapter 10 . 12/17/2015
Oh my lord. Your afterword made my day! Thank you! That was amazing!
red2013 chapter 10 . 5/24/2014
A fantastic insight into lewis as a person.
Unknown chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
"Lewis took the implied criticism quietly. There wasn't any use in defending himself or in trying to keep up. He was a plodder, capable but slow. He wasn't clever or brilliant like Morse nor well educated like Max and the others. He'd made it through school, but it had been a struggle. Bookwork and memorization had not come easily for him;" Really? A lot of people (including Colin Dexter, of course) seem to picture Lewis like that, but - judging from the TV series - somehow I don't believe he was that humble or thought so little of himself. I always had the impression that his infinite patience with Morse's rudeness nad harshness came from his mental and emotional strength, that he simply shrugged it off and let it pass because he had the wonderful ability to accept people for what they were.
Autohumans chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
"Your all I need lass, don't ever lrave me." That sentence really tears me up. I have more respect for Mrs Lewis than ever before.
noenigma chapter 10 . 7/16/2012
Guest,
These stories aren't so much solving the crime(s) as retelling the story (or bits of it) through the eyes of Sgt. Lewis; the idea being that the reader will already be familiar with the episode. In this case, the man who was supposed to be the first victim was slowly picking off all the others involved in that original murder.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/15/2012
Ok, but who killed everyone else and why? Especially the young boy?
ailsa craig chapter 10 . 12/5/2011
What can I say that has not been said already...that was absolutely marvelous. If you struggled with it as a writer it was certainly worth it for the reader.

When I watch old episodes of Morse I will certainly look at Lewis in a new light! That thought provoking Chapter 10 has certainly taken my blinkers off!

keep writing, please.
ailsa craig chapter 5 . 12/5/2011
I think this could be a tear jerker...oh dear.
ailsa craig chapter 4 . 12/5/2011
This is great and as usual your writing is exceptional. Enjoying this much more than the episode, so far.

Just love that young Robbie!
WhyAye chapter 10 . 12/3/2011
*standing ovation* Bravo! Encore! (I know, I sound like one of those people who badgers you for more don't I? Well, that's because I am.)
WhyAye chapter 7 . 12/3/2011
Awww! Wish this had been in the ep!
WhyAye chapter 6 . 12/3/2011
I love Max in this ep, and you've captured him brilliantly! Well done!
WhyAye chapter 5 . 12/2/2011
Ohhhh! *snif* This is SO touching! Waugh! We knew this is what was going on behind the scenes all this time. How come you got to sneak in there and have a little heart-to-heart with Val when the rest of us weren't looking? I'm seriously crying here!
WhyAye chapter 3 . 12/2/2011
I'm smitten. I love Morse and I love Robbie's thoughts, and your fics combine them. Just had to say that before I get too involved and forget by the end. :D
princessozmaofoz chapter 10 . 12/2/2011
That was absolutely beautiful, albeit very VERY sad. I particularly loved your characterization of Val and that we got to see some of Sgt. Lewis's realistic ( if painful) " human side." Very well-written. I almost cried at parts. Thanks for sharing.