Reviews for Of Hurricanes and Spitfires
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
How utterly male: the "seething sulk" which possesses Giles in this narrative. And how persuasively you keep us in the Giles camp.

Hilarious moments too ("Oh f*ck it!", trunk v. boot) and delicious images (top of my list being that three-piece Armani suit *sigh*).

I was in awe over the destructive vibe of their derailed relationship, melting over their eventual makeup. And loved those fighter plane analogies!

All in all, a cleverly constructed, compelling shipfic. Congratulations and thanks.
MMWillow13 chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
Wow those two give mule headed a bad name, but I love the way they finally came together
Rippertish chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
What are nice surprise for the weekend! I loved waking up to read your fiction. As always your fiction has such a great plot. I loved the misunderstanding!

I particularly liked that you wrote it from Giles' perspective which is the way I most enjoy it.

All that 'I'm not in love with her anymore' gother me worried regarding a potential not happy-ending. I should have known you better. hehe

The whole airplane story must have cost you hours of research. Well done!

Only one thing was missing and I wouldn't be myself if I didn't complaint about it: T rated? What the hell! Haha

I'm just joking, this fic is amazing the way it is. Thank you for a blissful moment! :)
rebelxxwaltz chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
(sigh) I... what can I say? I *loved* it! You have been talking about it for awhile, and it was worth the wait. All that work you put into it... it definitely shows through.

Choosing to tell this story from Giles' perspective I feel was a stroke of genius here- it allowed for a sense of uncertainty and made the resolution of their misunderstanding all the more satisfying.

Speaking of which... these two are always such *idiots*! Ugh, it was so in character, the way they inadvertently pushed each other away. Made me want to grab them and bash their skulls together (I am a rather violent individual you know). :P

Anyway, yes. I enjoyed everything about this story. I can't say anymore, because I need to save something for my comments at 'the other place'. ;)
S.M.Hoffman chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I would review over at LJ, but I know this story needs love here too.

With that said, I loved it. And it honestly was what I needed to come back to after acting. Yay for your fic for cheering me up some!