Reviews for This is Not a Chick Flick
shelshokd chapter 5 . 7/1
Just found this story on another author's favs and just loved it. I think Raph and Angel pairings are a very natural idea and you did it beautifully. At the risk of sounding cliché, an angst ending kiss woulda been icing on the cake to this one, but the cake is pretty perfect on its own!

Also loved your writing style. You conveyed so much in such a sparse amount of text, it really made it so much more poignant. (Wish I could do that!)

Great job! ;-)
Morte Mistrata chapter 5 . 11/6/2014
I enjoyed this. Everyone seemed in character.
princessebee chapter 5 . 10/13/2014

I always kinda shipped Raph and Angel but thought I was the only one. Tonight, purely on a whim, I decided to search for stories with both of them. I got excited to see your story but I could never have anticipated it being as AWESOME as it is.
The characterisation was spot on and I love your sparse, halting style of telling the story, telling so much but in so few words yet conveying such intense emotion. end of chapter four my heart just ached, and ached, cos I feared so hard this wasn't going to have a happy ending. BUT IT DID and I practically wept tears of thankful joy.

Thank you. I just so badly needed a story just like this and I absolutely love it.
Shahrezad1 chapter 5 . 6/27/2014
This was absolutely brilliant. :D You broke down Raph's personality and character and conflicted nature perfectly, and I love how the issue isn't that he isn't deep-he is, he is very deep, and very much aware of actions and consequences. It's just a matter of expressing the conflict inside.

I also really enjoyed the fact that this was a progressive fanfic-it didn't happen all at once, and in fact took years for Raph to finally accept the inevitability of his situation.

Plus the humor you've infused into this made me smile-especially the chapter with Casey in it, the part commenting on how the street punks have known him too long, and when Raph was cursing the fact that his life is an eternal chickflick. Not a comment I would have expected from a fanfic involving Raphael, but it worked perfectly.

All in all-I definitely enjoyed this one. :) Sorry that the review probably seems disorganized.
Princess Moonheart chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
So, will you finish the story? You can't just write a good story and not continue,it's cruelity!
Rosie White chapter 5 . 8/9/2012
Oh goodness, I adored this. I've always been a closet Angel/Raph shipper and I think you did a fine job of articulating their relationship well while keeping them in character. This is ABSOLUTELY fantastic. Thank you so much!
morning sun chapter 5 . 3/21/2012
This was wonderful! I loved it. You are a very talented writer and everything about this was just perfection. Job very well done!
iwantyourovaries chapter 5 . 1/27/2012
Absolutely perfect! It gave me that warm fuzzy feeling inside ;)
DaAmazingMeepers chapter 5 . 1/1/2012
Awwwwww, that's so cute! Angel has totally got Raph wrapped around her finger, Great job.3
BubblyShell22 chapter 5 . 12/31/2011
Awesome chapter. I can see this happening to Raph. At least things can work out between them. I think he wants them to work out, and I know Angel does too. Nicely done on this. I really enjoyed this story and will be looking forward to more great stories from you.

The Bubbly One,

Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 5 . 12/30/2011
AW! *U* SO CUTE! *U* I don't want it to be over, though! It's too awesome and amazingly written to be over! *U* LOVE this fic so much! Absolutely wonderful work throughout! You kept the characters so in character the whole time, and especially in the last portion that is not an easy feat! *U* Rock on! Can't WAIT for more from you (and I'm glad there was a happy ending here)! *U*
Second daughter of Eve chapter 5 . 12/30/2011
I'm pretty sure we all knew that was coming, but nicely written!

Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
Wow! So intense! Even though they're older here, you still keep them so in character, while still adding in older touches! So cool! Love that we've reached the climax! Rock on! *U*
BubblyShell22 chapter 4 . 12/25/2011
Awesome job on this, Meg. I really liked it and how it's hard for both of them to be in a relationship. Nicely done. I'll be eagerly awaiting an update.

The Bubbly One,