Reviews for Like Fictions You Would Make
Alraune ten Brinken chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
holding silence chapter 4 . 1/19/2013
Lirael is older by two years, though she told Sam she's older than she looks and he believed her. There was something mentioned about it being complicated, but I don't know. I haven't read Lirael, just Abhorsen.
LiningsOfSilver chapter 4 . 12/17/2012
thank you! i really want to tell you just how wonderful it is to open my emails and see that you've written another chapter. it always makes my heart lift :) i love lirael and sam... *sigh* garth nix, how could you? they should never have been related... but anyway, on with the review. i think the set up and character building you've done is excellent. you do however, i think, need to make the next chapter include a scene that is a bit more exciting. i think an excellent possibility would be to have, as you have just lead up to, sam teaching lirael self defence (and have something romantic happen) then leave us all dangling off a cliff (but not very long i hope:D) as to what will happen between them. then the next scene could be some sort of discussion/ confession thing (with a bit more romance of course...although not too much fluff hopefully). a few things i've noticed to improve: i feel that lirael has been wallowing in self pity a bit too long. you've written it very well and it is certainly a good touch but i think she needs to snap out of it really soon. it does start to feel pretty boring from the audience's perspective and she comes of as a bit of a sook even though she certainly isn't! the other thing is i've noticed that you have used the hyphen a lot. many of the times the use is excellent but there are several which make it hard to understand and it would be better to use different punctuation such as, perhaps, commas? don't feel bad though, its really easy to do. just so you know i personally use brackets far too often myself, as you have probably noticed...anyhow, you are doing an excellent job and those two (very small) issues are the only ones. on every other aspect you are doing very well. i look forward to the plot being spiced up now that you've done such a good job with the lead in. also, just to clarify, im still not entirely sure about blood ties etc. between sam and lirael in your story. you said at one point: "...And no, they don't have to be related so it isn't technically incest unless you're insistent on sticking to canon.." so i thought maybe you were going to ignore what garth nix said :D and somehow make them not be blood relations. but now i just have no idea. whats your plan? its not so much that it matters, (i personally am completely fine either way) but it would be nice if you could please make that clear. and FINALLY, (this is such a long review, i hope you don't mind... :/ i'll stop bothering you soon...) i wish you heaps and heaps of good luck with, i hope, far more *frequent* updates (hint, hint :D) since it is holidays now (im presuming it is for you?). well, i can always hope for more updated anyway. and be glad that there isn't a word limit for reviews... :D so yes, please, please update more. not for me, but for the OTP of the Old Kingdom :) .
Calm-Waters chapter 4 . 12/14/2012
Awwhh! Dog was one of my favourite characters. :D I was so sad when he... er, died. D':
BakaRamenBowl chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
YES!Someone other than myself who supports Sam/Lirael! i was crushed when i discovered that they were related. i need to read Abhorsen. i ave never finished it. the first one i read was lirael, because i wone a book from the library. ghen i got addicted and read the first. now ineed to finish Abhorsen. i did not know Dog died! *snifflesob*
LiningsOfSilver chapter 3 . 9/23/2012
poor sameth... :( i hate it when they're not together...
anyway, i'm not going to ramble about how much i love samXlirael (well, maybe...)
so yes, feedback: i think this was a really nice scene, really setting the grounds for future confessions or whatever you decide to do. story wise, i think it would flow nicely if the next scene was a continuation of this one (maybe even overlapping it a little but then going on) only from Lirael's perspective. anyway, not sure what you think of the ideas but i hope it helps, keep up the great work, as you say, there are nowhere near enough writers for samXlirael, i'd like to do one but i'm not really sure yet if it will happen :( life is just to busy atm. anyway, keep up the good work and good luck
Calm-Waters chapter 3 . 9/21/2012
Ohhhh! Dear lord, how will this pan out for everyone?!
LiningsOfSilver chapter 2 . 8/10/2012
I love it! Good job, it all works really well and ties in with the books (and what I feel should happen...). Re akward situations, I completely agree :). Also, may I request that Sam does not declare his feelings yet as it would be so unbelievable for her to accept, especially when Jonathan is there (and I really want them together!) 3...Also,I hope we (the readers) won't get cheated out of LiraelXSam heart to heart...Keep up the good work!
Calm-Waters chapter 2 . 8/9/2012
Hahaha. Here comes jealous Sam! :D :D :D
loveretriever chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This has a great direction so far!
Though I have to admit I like Lirael/Nick, I do think Lirael/Sam works if they hadn't been so closely related.
I hope you continue this! :)
LiningsOfSilver chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
i am definitely a fan! i was so sad when i found out they were related...:( can you please make them not!
Magges chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
I like it so far. Its well written and I also thought Sam and Lirael had chemistry, more than Lirael than Nick. Its also nice to read a good old kingdom story while waiting for the constantly delayed book on Clariel the Lost Ahborsen. I hope you write more.
DeNiggaro chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
interesting, though it's too short.
Schauspielerinnen chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
AYEEEEEEEEE! Yes my heart was also broken by the fact that they were related even though I should have seen it coming a long way off but no I really thought that they would be like Sabriel and Touchstone damn it but I still liked reading Lirael.

Yes, seeing as this is one of the few Sameth/Lirael fanfiction on this site, I will say that you definitely have a good idea there xD I like your writing too, you use really beautiful and apt words/phrases to describe the situation, and it's just so Sam to be like that (run away from the situation until he's run out of places to run). Yes, it's really lovely. And Sabriel as a nagging automaton drew some laughs.
Calm-Waters chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Yes! YES! A PERSON THAT SHARES THE SAME BELIEVES AS ME! YES! FINALLY! YES! YES! :D This is so exciting! I, too, was completely HORRIFIED THAT HE MADE THEM RELATED! I was like DUDE I HAD ALREADY PLANNED OUT HOW MANY CHILDREN THEY WOULD HAVE? WHY DID YOU TORMENT ME THIS WAY! It was NO FAIR! I HAD PICTURED THEM TOGETHER AND EVERYTHING! IT WAS HORRIBLE! I hated not having two characters I thought being together NOT BEING TOGETHER. D: Uggh

But you are UTTERLY amazing! Absolutely! :D HURRAY! THE HOPE OF THOSE TWO GETTING TOGETHER LIVES ON!