Reviews for And Rage Is Mingled With His Grief
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
This is beautiful omg I love it
thosebrooklynboys chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
So cute, omg what muffins
Ronni chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
This was honestly the most amazing story I have read on FanFiction! Thank you, thank you, thank you! For posting this.. Literally brought tears to my eyes the whole way through! :')
DARK3DBABE chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Aww! Brotherly love! Dean is SO AWESOME! LOVED this!
Bradie Daughter of Hebe chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Oh my gosh. This is so beautiful! I hope you have more brotherly love on your profile.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Dean is so totally Sam's mother.
ArentYouSophiaLoren-8887 chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
I'm sorry I'm such a bad reviewer and it took me as long as it did to review this but I really do love it. I love how you took that golden retriever and paralleled it to Jess; it was gruesome, but well-written and so sad for Sammy, and very creative. I also love the bit about the warmth from the cracked pavement (nice eye for details!) and how Sam comes out of it when he hears Dean humming and the backstory behind what it means when Dean hums. There are a wealth of so many little details here that really complete the picture and make us experience the story fully. This review probably sounds very corny. But I enjoyed this piece so much and wanted to give it the praise I should have when it was first posted. Love your work! )
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Oh, it's *you!* I should have known, when I read this, that it was someone whose work is incredible.

And HOW incredible!

""Sammy?" Dean choked on Sam's unexpected response even as he scooted forward to close the suddenly painful gap between them. He ran a quick, assessing eye over Sam; noted the minute tremors returning even as the shaking head was replaced by that full body rocking - desperate, uncontrollable, seemingly inconsolable…..and familiar. The kind of movement Dean had seen in late night documentaries about genocides and other human horrors; the action of prayerful women keening a deep, unimaginable loss.

And there it was."

Oh, my God. That's... the "late-night" in the 'documentaries' slays me, it brings everything home, images of the kind of terrible truths that one only sees on television in the dark hours after the kids have gone to sleep. Horrors that not everyone can or should see. Oh, Lord. And the whole riff on the movement, it's... incredible. I can see every motion, and the affection, the love in it all, all, it blows me away.

"You're a bitch," Sam muttered, words slurring as he slowly brought the mug back to his lips with Dean's help. Sorry for scaring you. Thanks for taking care of me. I love you.

"Yeah, with a jerk for a brother," Dean shot back, supporting the mug and pulling it back when Sam choked as his throat forgot how to work. You're gonna be okay. You're welcome. Love you too, Sammy.

OMG, the translation! The translation!

He took the empty mug from Sam's lax hands and set it on the nightstand with a soft thump. Sam's eyes cracked open; exhausted, muddy slits of color. Dean smiled. "Okay, Sasquatch, now you can sleep."

I adore the details of the caretaking, and Dean not wanting your Sam to suffer alone, above, and the warmth that's like the sun, in all of it, and the Golden Retriever, and "Nature's recycling" omg, and "muddy slits of color", it's just masterful and not overworked at ALL, I love it...

"Dean grinned. Sammy on Nyquil. The stuff never failed to bring out an amalgamation of sarcasm, drunken clumsiness, and pliable, petulant, drug-induced toddlerhood in his little brother..."

"Sammy on Nyquil." What a wealth of shared history in that, and the affection, the antithesis of 'familiarity breeds contempt.' What you write, feel-good movies try to achieve, but don't, not as well as you. You make the reader dare to believe that with familiarity can come affection, caring, support, and love.

You're... incredible. Thank you.
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Oh wow, there is nothing better than terrified protective big brother Dean. I LOVED this. You wrote it so well. I loved the banter that really means other things. And we all know what they mean when they do that. Grief is a living thing and it sets its timetable to nothing and nobody. This was awesome. Thanks so much for writing and sharing it with us. I just love your stories. Amazing. *hugs*
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This is very very sweet. I love the brothers like this.
detroiter stranded in tucson chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
you are such a great story teller. characters are all right on, and your story is handled so beautifully... thank you for this gift!
Aesop's Julie chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
This is...beautiful. Just incredible. Well written, believable, and you got the characters and dialogue exactly right. My first clue that you knew what you were doing was the phrase "the single syllable simultaneously the older brother seeking assurance and the trained soldier seeking information". It's just perfect. Thank you. Keep writing!

~Julie
sammynanci chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I great Job! Poor Sammy he was very angsty for Jess ;_; I loved protective Worried Dean,he was a wonderfull big brother and I will forever *_*

Thanks for your story *_* Bye
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Ahhh! I love it! Sugary sweet and angsty at the same time. Very nice done. :) that must have been some dream. Pretty intense!
Nerene chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Another wonderful story! You managed to capture the true essence of what it is like being brothers. What an inspired metaphor between Jessica and the Golden Retriever. Sam is also always depicted as the emotional one but you showed that Dean also has this side to him, especially when it comes to Sam. The scene was set in such a vivid fashion that I could easily visualize in my mind what was happening. You are an amazing and creative writer. I can always count on you for a quality story. Keep up the excellent work!