Reviews for Hello Journal
the-fabulous-Jai chapter 11 . 9/29
crap now i'm crying
Coriandergirl chapter 11 . 5/7/2017
oh no.
I know that this is how it was in the books, and that this shit happens in the real world all the time but dammit it makes me sad.
Yo do a fabulous job of characterizing the young child writing styles. Truly, this is a very well done fic. Just also very sad.
Roy-Fan-33 chapter 11 . 9/20/2016
Sweet Merlin, not even Umbridge inspired this level of boiling, all consuming seething rage that now fills me.

I cannot even immolate someone(s) to make things better...

Eleven out of ten.
Eloise Rosier chapter 11 . 3/31/2015
No matter how many times I read this, the ending always makes me want to cry. I love this fic so much; it is masterfully written and executed. I've just read all of your fics and found them equally as engaging and well done. in particular, your fic remember is the most sensitive and well-written fanfic portrayal of CSA I've ever seen on this site.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 2/28/2015
Oh. Bleep. So the teachers were fooled by lies from the Dursleys, and maybe Confunded by someone who wants Harry to stay there (normally, the statements from possible abusers are investigated a little harder than seems to be done here).

Waah!
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 9/24/2014
I sure hope that Teddy takes some pictures, but of course nothing is actually going to get done, unless this story is AU. What's up with Laura, anyway?
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 5/26/2014
These essays aren't so overtly bad; but the story of the turtle and explaining about Aunt Marge's dog Ripper ought to have rung some warning bells. Also, Harry has learned that it's no good going to any authorities over Dudley by now, unfortunately.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 4/22/2014
Very, very well done. And yes, Harry does need to talk about what it means to be locked out. Among other things. But if Dr. Starke really does have experience with abused children, he'll know what Harry's silences mean.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 4/9/2014
I wonder how long it will take the Ministry to send someone and Obliviate the teachers so they'll overlook anything that Dudley does to Harry? After all, Harry has to stay with them (though why he has to be their punching bag is...um, debatable).
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/9/2014
Of *course* Dudley's behavior will be dealt with (not). The Dursleys will sort of apologize, and then give Dudley more ice cream, and then make sure Harry understands the importance of keeping his mouth shut.
uptillthree chapter 11 . 4/3/2014
Effing Child Services and Petunia and Dumbledore... Will you ever update this? I thought it was boring at first but TC sucked me in. Ugh. I'm still annoyed with the bloody Child Services or whatever. What idiots.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 2/13/2014
I wish you would make this an AU where Children's Services actually does their job properly.

Although at that point, dear old Dumbledore might intervene to make sure Harry *stays* at Privet Drive, and grows up to be the willing tool of the Headmaster who 'rescued' him.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 2/13/2014
So, Harry is thankful for eating at the table. And baths that are the right temperature. And having lunch. Surely that should make someone sit up and take notice? But apparently not.
Guest chapter 11 . 12/10/2013