Reviews for The Darkest Part of the Night
scarlson31 chapter 33 . 7/7
Yer killin' me, Smalls! I need more story! Prettiest of pleases, please?
Purradox chapter 29 . 7/3
Update this story please!
I think your Bella is going to be awesome. Thanks for writing.
c.karen09 chapter 30 . 6/5
I like the way that was handled. Renee wanted Bella gone, but only on her terms.
c.karen09 chapter 27 . 6/5
I'm going to start reading More Than Human as soon as I catch up with this story. Thanks for writing.
c.karen09 chapter 26 . 6/5
I think most first times happen similarly to this. No is only no until it becomes yes.
c.karen09 chapter 18 . 6/4
I think he did a great job all except for accepting Rose's prison camp idea. That sets an untenable precedent for dealing with mothers and children. That camp could get pretty darn big.
c.karen09 chapter 14 . 5/31
Ok, so I was wrong on 2 out of 3 counts. It wasn't Esme and they really are mated, but I am still enjoying it and think it's a great story.
c.karen09 chapter 13 . 5/31
I don't always review so will make an effort to do so more often. I am here reading this story due to a recommendation from Trill. I'm glad I decided to check it out because I'm enjoying it very much. Thanks for writing. I think Esme attacked the passenger and I don't think she is actually mated to Carlisle.
It's good that Bella knows Edward is lying about his diet and why. But I think this lie wasn't necessary - it would have been enough to tell her that she will have options on how to feed after her change and that he is going to accept her choice of prey nonetheless.
He could have explained to her why he didn't stick to the animal diet and as long as he doesn't torture his prey or feeds while having sex with them I'm convinced a human mate can handle it. Bella seems as aware as the vampires that she will see the whole feeding process differently after her change.
Isn't "date rape" a little harsh? She didn't have to drink the alcohol and he didn't roofied her. He offered again and again to go but she took him to her bedroom and got naked with him anyway. If she really had meant no she should have made that clear. In my eyes she was only hesitant because she thought she should say no and not because she wanted him to stop. To me it looked pretty much like she wanted to be seduced. Persuasive seduction is not rape.

In one thing she's right, though. By being intimated he took her choice away to walk away from this and she is not taking his little manipulation lightly. I hope he will keep that in mind when it comes to explaining their diet. He should think very carefully if deceit is smart way to go about it.
Yeah, the liberty Alice took while showering and Edward not really seeing how wrong this scene was is another reason why I would never concider to live with the ex lovers of my boyfriend/husband. The naturalness that comes with carnal knowledge of each other would bother me to no end.
E&B claim they love each other but their lack of jealousy and possessiveness is quite disturbing. So much indifference could be easily seen as insignificance. Edward really needs to work on marking her off from his past relationships and flings. I have to admit I prefer an uptight Virginward or Possessiveward over this Slutward. :(
I totally agree with Bella here: "...You do this all the time... Why would this be any different...?" Indeed why? They may be mates but it's not like that would be anything special for Edward. He shares his body with more ease than friends share a cup of coffee. And again he 'brought' another woman into their bed... Why must he always comment other women when he is in bed with Bella? It's tasteless and I really don't understand why Bella never reacts to that.
She didn't really say yes but she didn't really say no either. I think in erotic novels it's called: dubious consent. Not the first time I would wish for...
In my eyes Edward's complete disregard for her concerns about pregnancy and STDs were much more upsetting than his persuasive seduction. And that he mentioned the countless other women he slept with while he tried to deflower his mate was the epitome of tact- and classless.
But hey, he still lives with two of his temporary mates and expects his true mate to be okay with that... tact and class are clearly not his forte.
This mate thing can't be that strong when a mate is so easily replaced by a placeholder. The vamps could just keep it up forever and whore their ways through eternity... it's not like they waited or suffered in loneliness. They simply settled down for less and were just fine with it... so why should Edward struggle at all to make a decision about Bella? Keep her, leave her - it only has an impact on his variety but not his life.