Reviews for Illusions of the Sun
GAH I love this!
These two are litersely clueless. ..
I was not expecting that
I really want Shinichi to save a vision right in front of them. ..
PipeDream chapter 6 . 9/24
The boys are a heartwrenching cross between children and adults, and they're supposed to be teenagers
In many ways they haven't experiences what most take for granted, and the way they consider even the most mundane things 'adventures' because it's so far out of their comfort zones just serves to remind us what they missed out on, and how they haven't grown up properly since they were kids
Om the other hand they've seen and been through too much to be naive or innocent in the normal sense of the words. If something they don't recognise comes across as even remotely threatening you just know they'll react defensively on instinct, but even that is heartbreaking because they're far too used to threateninggenuine danger
This all is so apparently through the way you've written this
ilko chapter 13 . 9/24
; u ; They're gonna be ok and that's so good and so important thank you
ilko chapter 11 . 9/24
hily shot
ilko chapter 7 . 9/24
I was "aww"ing at Kaito and Chikage's bonding night out on town and laughing at Shinichi playing Home Alone, but then it got dark real fast :'c poor baby, that was so dangerous! So scary. Please ask for help when you need it D:
Kurokaga chapter 13 . 8/13
i love this story a lot . really lloking forward for any sequel . all your kaishin story is the best . and i like your writing :D and this story is so special
Estriella chapter 13 . 7/11
I love all your story Kai/Shin. They are always interesting, originally and lovely. This one wasn't different.
SilverWater123 chapter 8 . 6/20
I really love this universe that you came up with! And i love rereading this when I feeling in the mood for something home-y, or just the two in their world. The feels is just right. Question, for ch8 when Kaito and Shinichi kissed(or to all kissing loving part) does that mean that they know what romance is with a partner or just kissing is what you do with someone you love. I know that Kaito might know but I'm not sure if Shinichi knows the more then kissing, since he wasn't with society for a while.
misuky7 chapter 13 . 2/17
This was just doll. I do so adore your work. :3
Loner Kid chapter 11 . 9/9/2015
I want to see kaito kid...
91Silver chapter 13 . 6/24/2015
The ending so cute :3

This isn't a complaint or anything, but I was sort of waiting for Heiji or Hakuba to come to the 'conclusion' that Shinichi and Kaito were kidnap victims (well, at least Shinichi).

It would make seance for the Detective's to conclude this back when they didn't know of magic, as it would fit the duo's behavior (and is actual true, if not the hole truth). it would explain Shinchi's vision feints as symptoms of PTSD, give reason for his fear of crowds and explain his general trust issues (just because he doesn't distrust everyone doesn't mean he doesn't have trust issues. When problems arias that he can't handle alone he looks to Kaito and ONLY Kaito for help, no other options come to mind. some guy going to blow up a rollercoster; grab Kaito and stop him. strangers coming to kidnap him; send Sonoko to get Kaito. ect. Heck, he even got a some help from Kaito against the house robber though his stash of magic items.) on top of this all, there's all of the protective gestures Kaito makes towards Shinichi, and just how aware Kaito is of the other's condition, both emotional and physical, at all times.

Heigi is a little bit socially stunted so get him riled up and he'd miss it, but I could see Hakuba at least recognizing the victim/protector dynamic between Kaito and Shinichi. I was waiting for Hakuba to theories that the two had been kidnapped together, and Kaito was forced to do something for said kidnaper with Shinichi's well being as the leash, while Shinichi himself was victimized directly by the kidnaper. It would also explain to him why they never bothered going to the police or security about the bomber or anything else, because after the kidnapping they couldn't' trust the authorities to help as they had failed them so badly before.

Again, non of that is a complaint or criticism. I do like how your story played out and adding an arc where the Detectives concluded and acted upon their beliefs that Kaito and Shinichi were kidnap victims would probably have added unneeded length to this really well focused fic. Just strait up telling them about magic when they started putting together the oddities seemed a bit blunt to me where I'm more used to the lengthier fictions with 50 chapters, but for this length the pacing was good, so this is all really just food for thought.
Oh, and padding to make a longer review; I hear Authors like those, Heh heh... :P
Lady Rosencrantz chapter 13 . 3/7/2015
Was gonna say that I'm sad its over but a new MK episode just got posted so that made me happy again