Reviews for The Age of Paradox: Book One- History of Paradox
Lady Asphodelic chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Hello, I had to stop and comment on this...

You really, and really did this chapter to Eleventh Hour justice.
I never been so... keen into a DW fanfic like this.
I mean my eyes literally was glued to the screen and I couldn't take my eyes off it whenever my sister spoke to me.
And to think I was just watching the episode last night and it was extra late too, mind you...

Very well done, and I can't wait to read more of this. I wish this was complete... please tell you're almost finish!
I beg you. I've been looking for a good DW fanfic for a long time and now I believe I found it.

Thank you so much!
And now, I'm off to another chapter.:D

-Asphodel
Harry2 chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
The story so far is very interestying. I missed the references to River Song, but that is understandable. Now, lets see if they can deal with this threat withnout mucking up the Time Lines!
skarosianlifeform chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
Does the Doctor remember River Song like OTL Amy remembered the erased Angels at the end of Flesh and Stone ?

We all suspect that Mels was erased by the crack, but in fact, it's not so sure. I wonder how the future of Amy (and Rory) is affected by Mels' erasure : will she never be pregnant ?
adlerj chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
Good chapter.

I liked the reference to Rose and the reasons as to why he didn't take her with him were interesting.

I also liked your take on the computer game episode. While I haven't played it, I've watched it on YouTube and it looked like an interesting story.

Jeremy chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
Good chapter.

I liked the reference to Rose and the reasons why he didn't take her with him were interesting.

WickedForGood13 chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
I love the changes to the Doctor's timeline, how he mentions meeting Rose but how he didn't take her along, and his urging Amy to spend more time with Sharon. I don't think I'll ever really like Sharon - I'm too biased because of my own story, in which she's out-right abusive - but your version of her is growing on me :) I love the Vashta Nerada! I included them and River Song in my own story, and I love what you're doing here. I love Amy's stoicism, and the Doctor's pride in her ability to handle herself. I can't wait to find out what changes you have planned...
andrewjeeves chapter 7 . 9/14/2012
Does Captain Jack Harkness and his merry crew at Torchwood 3 exist in this universe. If so why not have The Doctor and Amy bump into him in Cardiff or somewhere where he is working on a case
Ryu Kitsune Bard84 chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
This is rather interesting to see this much changed. But I am curious again on when the River Song disappearing is going to be addressed but still this interesting. Also I do love how you made Amy's aunt rather sympathetic. People tend to demonize caretakers like her but you handled her as someone who is out of their depth, not able to connect and yet wanting to help. Well done on that.
adlerj chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
Good chapter.

I liked how the Doctor met Sharon. They had an interesting conversation.

Looking forward to what happens next.

Harry2 chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
Well, that is one crisis averted. Now, lets see what the next chapter brings. Something about a threat from the OTHER 2010 Christmas Special?
Harry2 chapter 10 . 8/29/2012
This chapter reminds me of a Christmas Special that was aired after Matt Smith's First Season as the Doctor. I can definitely see the changes, especially with the Quick Return Switch, which was mentioned in one or two of the Hartnell stories.
WickedForGood13 chapter 11 . 8/29/2012
Another excellent chapter :) I appreciated the Doctor's dilemma in how to address Sharon, considering her neglect of Amy, yet at the same time acknowledging how impossible his appearance and just-as-sudden disappearance would seem to a grown-up. It was also neat to see him shopping for food so that he can appear 'normal' to the Leadworth population. I liked the insight into the Doctor's own childhood, and I'm glad that he doesn't mind settling down and waiting for Amy (after all, she waited long enough for him; now it's /his/ turn). I think that they need each other, more than either of them realizes yet.
adlerj chapter 10 . 8/1/2012
Good chapter.

Very interesting take on the Christmas Carol! That was certainly a much faster way to do the episode!

WickedForGood13 chapter 10 . 8/1/2012
This was great! I love the way you write Amy and the Doctor together, and Amy's thoughts regarding the Doctor are very sweet, perfect for her current age. I especially liked her thoughts about how when he asked her to do something, she viewed it as a request whereas with someone else she would take it as an order. Very nicely done, and I look forward to the Doctor and Sharon's interaction in the next chapter. Should be very interesting :)

There's just one thing, though. When the Doctor says that he has an answer to Amy's question, and Amy asks 'Which is?" it feels like there's something missing in the sentence that follows. Something that was cut off, perhaps?

Other than that, great chapter. Can't wait for more!
WickedForGood13 chapter 9 . 6/7/2012
It's nice to see this story being updated again :) I loved Amy's thoughts on being inside the TARDIS and how school seems a bit pointless now; it stands to reason, after all. It's a bit like something the Doctor said in a deleted scene from 'The Beast Below': when all of time and space is your backyard, that's all it is - just a backyard.

I also appreciated Rory's thoughts on his relationship with Amy and her relationship with the mysterious Doctor Smith. The catch in his thoughts - was that a subtle reference to the fact that there's no longer any Melody?

I look forward to reading more! :)
130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »